FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Barrow load of rubbish

Westhillman

I feel sorry for the lad, has to sit on his arse for a few weeks then brewster sticks him up front alone against 4 giants and is asked to win headers after we hit long ball after long ball at him. What chance does the guy have.?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Selective memory re the Aberdeen game. We were lucky we got them on the opening day of the season, a truer reflection will be in a couple of weeks.

We didn't get lucky. We played the game against them perfectly. If you are insistent on us getting lucky then we simply made our own luck.

every striker in the league plays against the same defenders so the whole six foot plus excuse doesnt stick, its a mans game so he has to deal with it, rig i usually agree with most of what you say but i just dont think he has what it takes to play in the spl, i think he would possibly struggle in the first. he did ok against aberdeen but he has started 8 or 9 games this season so 1 performance isn't really a strong case.

I think he needs a better run in the team than being thrust in from nowhere (as the poster below says which is why I have included the quote as it sums up how I feel about it). While I agree that you are right in that every striker will come up against the same defenders the fact is playing Barrowman up front on his own against Wilkie and Kenneth was simply not working. And that isn't Barrowmans fault. He is smaller than the pair of them and yet we punted long ball after long ball up to him and asked him to chase lost causes.

What we need to give him are balls into the area to attack with his head or crosses across the goal as we did v Aberdeen. He is a penalty box predator and while he can play the lead man role he ws out of luck yesterday because of who he was playing against. He got no change out of Uniteds centre backs and the only time we looked like breaking them down was when we had two up front.

I feel sorry for the lad, has to sit on his arse for a few weeks then brewster sticks him up front alone against 4 giants and is asked to win headers after we hit long ball after long ball at him. What chance does the guy have.?

it's too easy to blame individual players when the team gets hammered but the thing is why are we playing 1 up front at home? we all know Andy Barrowman plays better when he's got a partner up front.

this is nothing but negative football, has Brewster been watching re-runs of the Rangers games from last season in the UEFA cup?

sorry Mr Brewster but is the kind of tactics that would get foootball stopped

people pay good money to watch the BEAUTIFUL game not ugly football

i think we should get off barrowman's back and give the blame to the man who puts him up front on his own

this was a home gae for god's sake and we have 1 man up front, i hate it when we play 1 up away from home never mind at home

NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

IMO

thought Andy was poor but he is been asked to do a thankless job - if were playing 5 across midfield why dont the wide players put the ball into the box more often - Dundee had the same lineout but look at the amount of balls they put into the box - we did it once and we scored - why is it every time we have to beat the player and then go beat them again just put the ball into the danger zone - 1st time not 2nd or 3rd - the forwards need it 1st time - and the manager cant be blamed for that

a few have mentioned Barrowman not being of SPL standard, well to be fair to him, i dont think any ICT player was of SPL quality when we entered the SPL. It took a season or 2 to show any talent for the SPL

lets just give the guy a chance.

Are we not being a tad hasty in judging him?

Edited by BornCaley

a few have mentioned Barrowman not being of SPL standard, well to be fair to him, i dont think any ICT player was of SPL quality when we entered the SPL. It took a season or 2 to show any talent for the SPL

lets just give the guy a chance.

Are we not being a tad hasty in judging him?

maybe...but can we afford to give him a chance, how long will we have to wait before he comes good, he's had 9 games to show something without success. i dont think we have the luxury of time, before we know it we could find ourselves back down in the first division, hamilton are no gretna, we are not safe this season at all im sorry to say.

i say stick with wood and rooney, no point sticking with someone who is behind two of our strikers when it comes to talent and ability and goals.

The likes of Jimmy Johnstone, Willie Johnson and George Best were small but tricky--seemed to have no problem running defenders ragged. In fact George Best had a small body and looked very thin and not at all strong but he was probably the best forward in the U.K. in his day.

So the problem lies elsewhere. Either Barrowman just does not have the strength or gusto to get the job done alone , or it's Brewster's fault for playing him without the necessary support.

Why does he not play to win these days?--put 3-4 forwards up front and play as if you want to win the frigging game? Pin the opposition defenders back in their half of the field and give the crowd a run for their money.

After all we are consistently losing so what does Brew have to lose? Or am I living in the past when football was supposed to be played with 5 forwards?

I am a pimple who is turning purple. :rotflmao:

thought Andy was poor but he is been asked to do a thankless job - if were playing 5 across midfield why dont the wide players put the ball into the box more often - Dundee had the same lineout but look at the amount of balls they put into the box - we did it once and we scored - why is it every time we have to beat the player and then go beat them again just put the ball into the danger zone - 1st time not 2nd or 3rd - the forwards need it 1st time - and the manager cant be blamed for that

In a way he can as the wide players are playing on their weaker side and are having to check back onto their stronger foot to get a good cross in. We saw a perfect example with Imrie in the 2nd half. He had the ball on the right side in the penalty area and instead of taking one touch past the defender and crossing it he had to stop and check back to his left to try and get a cross in.

I agree that we should have used the wings better but that would only have been as effective as Yiniteds method had we played our wide men on their natural side. You can point out that Cowie crossed from the left for the goal but just how much did we get from our wide men on Saturday afternoon? I think you'd be hard pressed to say anything other than very little and it is the manager who set the team up.

He is a poacher. He needs a creative player up top with him and good service from out wide and frankly none of our forwards or wingers are like that atm. Unless Imrie plays as a striker but Brewster dosen't seem to use that tactic. In the times i watched him play for County last year he was getting good service from the wide areas and had a creative strike partner in Sean Higgins.

I think the distribution of the ball from midfield to the forwards is our weak link. Imrie and Cowie on there wrong sides is a load of crap, although the one time Cowie beat Kovacevic on Saturday it provided a wonderful goal. Apart from that Imrie struggled, Blacks passing was rather off and Duncan was just his usual...rubbish.

Edited by ajsict92