FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT v St Mirren - Matchday Thread....

CaleyD

Can i just say Brewster must go..... I listening to him week in week out and he never tells me he should be the man for the job! He doesn't speak well...... And from the last performances...doesn't have a clue how to set thE boys up.... CC was very attacking and had some form of inspiration to perform for the shirt! Yet again deeply disappointed..........?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lets face it the team are gutted at Bazza'a departure therefor morale is low

Why cant barry stay till summer ? Brew himself was still playing in his 40s !!!

I am so sick & fed up with his crappy tactics

LISTEN TO THE FANS BREW WE CANT ALL BE WRONG !!!!!

WHY DID YOU CHANGE AWAY TACTICS WHEN THEY WERE WORKING FINE ?????????

This is how we started today:

---------------------ESSON----------------------

PROCTOR--MCGUIRE---MUNRO---HASTINGS

COWIE------DUNCAN----BLACK-----IMRIE

----------BARROWMAN----ROONEY-----------

I know a lot of people would like to see that team and formation at TCS, but Brew decided to play it today - maybe he wanted to prove the home fans wrong. I can't think of any other reason for dropping Vigurs and Wood who have been two of our best performers in recent away wins.

Now i'm a bit pyshed, and i was a bit pyshed during the game as well (how else can you watch ICT these days?) but the way i saw it we played right into Saint's hands today. They were always going to wait for us to give them a bit of space and we didn't even make them wait.

We started well and pressed them for ten minutes but a simple ball and mistimed offside trap gifted them the opener -how often has that happened this season?

Heads went down after that, no doubt. Some players managed to look like they give a fuckl - fair play to Duncan and Imrie for at least giving that impression, but there were guys out there who looked like they didn't care. DON COWIE, you are our most creative player - where the fuckl were you today? Brewster's head went as well - DESPERATION - here's how we finished the game. Same defence but:

------COWIE----DUNCAN-----MCBAIN----

MCALLISTER----ROONEY------SUTHERLAND---

4-3-3- with Rory on the right wing!!!!!! Balckie hooked again!!!!!!

Brew has lost it completely. My instinct was to run across the pitch and deck him but i want to keep going to games and managed to control myself - spent most of the second half greeting into my sleeve.

PROTEST NEXT WEEK. DON'T LET HIM TAKE US DOWN. ICT ARE SPL. BREW IS NOT.

Guest Spectre

I know a lot of people would like to see that team and formation at TCS, but Brew decided to play it today - maybe he wanted to prove the home fans wrong.

So your suggestion is that he's deliberately tried to throw a match to p*ss off the fans.

Nothing to do with Rooney looking good last week in 4-4-2.

Nothing to do with Barrowman being a fish out of water in 4-5-1.

Nothing to do with not being predictable (cf Gus MacPherson's comments pre-match).

Even with St Mirren kicking the wrong way in the second half we still failed to score.....

From BBC web site match report:-

Wyness had a better effort in the 57th minute but Howard stood strong, pushing the ball away......

With two minutes left of regulation time, Craig Dargo fired in a shot but Howard managed to parry before smothering the ball.

Do you think the Beeb may not yet have discovered that Dennis and Craig do not play for us anymore..?

Guest Spectre

I saw that, I thought it was jolly nice of the guys to help us out.

On a serious point, reading the text, seems like Esson was pretty busy.

Those weren't the subs I had in mind. :rotflmao:

Interesting that they were greeted with a chorus of boos. Probably the away fans.Is he taking the p*ss?

The booing during the substitutions yesterday was actually aimed at Brewster for taking Black off. Rory coming on was greeted with shrugs all round from what I could see - it couldn't get any worse anyway.

I'm not going to moan too much about the line-up. He tried to change it after last week and the defence was lined up more sensibly. Barrowman's been bitching and moaning about not getting a start - now he's had two in a row and has just proved what most had suspected, that he can't cut it at SPL level. That said, while I understand why Brewster tried to change it, I would rather have seen Vigurs keep his place and one up and I would rather have seen us try to play the ball retention and slow build-up stuff we did against Celtic, only with a little more directness when we were around the 18-yard box. Yesterday was less organised, more rushed, more casual - it was as if we felt St Mirren didn't deserve the same respect as Celtic.

The most depressing thing about yesterday, though, was the apparent lack of fight among some of the players. I'm thinking mostly of Cowie here - there was just no drive about his game. Last season with us 2-0 down at Love St, he sprinted into the box to get on the end of a Niculae cross to make it 2-1. That just wasn't going to happen yesterday. The other midfielders floated in and out of the game as well - no-one seemed to want to take on the responsibility of trying to push us forward. Duncan was probably the pick but also, of course, the deepest-lying. Haven't seen the goals again yet but otherwise the defence looked OK to me. As for the attackers, in the first half Rooney seemed to be playing furthest forward with Barrowman actually dropping back to look for the ball more. Again, this was a change that was probably worth trying, but it didn't look like there was any understanding between them and Rooney saw very little of the ball until he started dropping back more himself in the second half. The St Mirren defence was solid, but the game was really lost in midfield.

Going up to TCS for the first time in donkeys' next week - can't say I'm looking forward to the game much, but the response to Brewster from a bigger crowd will be interesting if we lose again. After yesterday, I can't see any other result.

Edited by alternative maryhill

A goal lost within 5 minutes of the 2nd half :rotflmao: Not a surprise! How many is that this season we have lost in the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half? 4? 5?

I've said this already this season and no one else seems to have picked up on it apart from you! :thumb04:

I think you are right - it's about 4 or 5 goals now.

A goal lost within 5 minutes of the 2nd half :thumb04: Not a surprise! How many is that this season we have lost in the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half? 4? 5?

I've said this already this season and no one else seems to have picked up on it apart from you! :018:

:rotflmao: Brewster's half time motivational talks are not working too well then?

A goal lost within 5 minutes of the 2nd half :thumb04: Not a surprise! How many is that this season we have lost in the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half? 4? 5?

I've said this already this season and no one else seems to have picked up on it apart from you! :018:

:rotflmao: Brewster's half time motivational talks are not working too well then?

Results so far for this season, 4 or 5 lost within the first 5ish minutes of the 2nd half

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...lts/default.stm

i think most people would have noticed the way we're conceding early in the second half a lot but concentrate more on the number we're conceding rather than the timing, our defenders being slower to react to set pieces than a month in jail, the fact that we cant create many chances to score or take them when we do.

it is quite annoying all the same :rotflmao:

Those weren't the subs I had in mind. :rotflmao:

Interesting that they were greeted with a chorus of boos. Probably the away fans.Is he taking the p*ss?

The most depressing thing about yesterday, though, was the apparent lack of fight among some of the players. I'm thinking mostly of Cowie here - there was just no drive about his game

Hopefully he doesnt know his future lies elsewhere and is just going through the motions

This is the first Love St SPL game I've ever missed. I felt terribly guilty until I saw on TV that Dorman scored, and at that point I lost the will to live. All Hamilton need is a tiny run of form and luck and we are totally shafted. WTF planet is Brewster on? :rotflmao:

The tragedy of the Brewster reign is that within the club we have some very talented players. We have a never say die spirit. The problem is Brewster does not inspire players. Nobody seems to want to play for him let alone the shirt. The fans appear to be the problem as Brewster continues down the road of arrogance and denial.

On Saturday's showing we will struggle in Division 1 next year. We laughed at the pundits predicting we would be relegated this year. We hear noises from the players that we will get to the top 6. We lack leadership and experience. I fear for this club unless action is not taken sooner. The message is clear, Brewster at Dundee United and ICT second time around, has been an unmitigated disaster.

Change the Manager now and try and get out of the mess pretty soon. There is no return once you go over the precipice.

although I dont attend many games due to work committments i do support Caley and since the return of Mr Brewster I have noticed a similiar pattern emerging as when he took over at Dundee Utd. He starts well for a few games as do most managers then drags the team down due to his poor tactics,man management and lack of experience as a manager. The time has come for him to go AGAIN this time in a sack before Caley drop back into the 1st Division. After New Year will probably be to late. :rotflmao:

Guest RPFaither

Yep the tide is turning. I'm not quite an anti-brew yet but something has to change. If we don't beat aberdeen or motherwell then I am afraid to admit it might have to be the manager. I know i have defended the man to the death but its getting harder and harder to do so after each loss. We are losing against the teams above us who we should at least compete with while we are losing the really important games against the lower teams (st mirren).

A team with a strikng partnership of wyness and hamilton managed to hump us. Not good.

But, if you support ict then it is THE time to come out and go to the games, it is THE time the players need the support the most. Seriously, heckle brew all you want, but sometimes it's painful to see our own fans get on the backs of the players within seconds.

there's still time for brewster to turn it around, but its fast running out.

Personally, can't argue with this. Way I feel myself.

My first away game in a dogs age and I was looking forward to seeing the infamous 'great' away form.

What was on display, however, was the usual substandard p**h we get subjected to at home except we were even probably even worse yesterday.

I was surprised to see us line up 4-4-2 considering the success 4-5-1 had brought but you just had to look how lightweight the bench was to realise how threadbare our squad is now Barry is on the way out.

Nor had I expected McGuire to be in the starting line up either and I remember worrying that he may have been rushed back to soon just like Proctor at Ibrox.

Still it looked OK on paper and everyone for once was playing on the correct side of the park so as it was 'only' St Mirren I had hoped we might sneak an away win.

Then the ref started the game and it was pretty much downhill from there on in

The writing was on the wall as soon as the first goal went in. Heads dropped and most of the players lost what little confidence they had. From then on the main objective seemed to be to get rid of the ball as quickly as possible with a worryingly frequent trend of passing it to a St Mirren player. I swear some of the lads must have been closing there eyes and just swinging there leg at the ball as it was going here, there and everywhere. Munro in particular must have the worst distribution of any of our players!

Then we conceded the second after about 40 seconds of the restart and any, albeit vague hopes of maybe, just maybe getting a draw were extinguished!

Esson played well and probably saved us from the bigger humping we merited. Hastings & Proctor were OK-ish. Munro & McGuire were shaky and pretty much the whole midfield didn't bother turning up. Barrowman needs service but as we don't have anyone to provide it there is no point playing him. Rooney at least puts a power of work in and things might have been different if he'd knocked the Hastings cross in during the first half. Even if we were able to have used all 7 substitutes I doubt the result would have been any different.

St Mirren aren't a good team but they didn't have to be. They deserved there victory and it was just far too easy.

Some of our players were on the train north this evening. Looks like they had a good time out in Glasgow last night they were certainly very 'spirited' on the train. I shudder to think what Aberdeen will do to us on Saturday :rotflmao:

During the game at Love Street yesterday, the Home support were so quiet the Away crowd could clearly hear Gus MacPherson yelling instructions and encouragement to his team. There seemed to be little or no instructions/guidance/encouragement coming from our Manager or his Assistant - just grimaces and turning away from the pitch.

Very disheartening, both for the team and the supporters - please can we have the Manager show some more passion for ICT or, is this the epitome of "highland" reticeness, even though he is not originally from the highlands.

During the game at Love Street yesterday, the Home support were so quiet the Away crowd could clearly hear Gus MacPherson yelling instructions and encouragement to his team. There seemed to be little or no instructions/guidance/encouragement coming from our Manager or his Assistant - just grimaces and turning away from the pitch.

Very disheartening, both for the team and the supporters - please can we have the Manager show some more passion for ICT or, is this the epitome of "highland" reticeness, even though he is not originally from the highlands.

you ever watched robbo in the dugout :rotflmao:

Yes - and the wee red haired Celtic .......! Steve Bruce of Wigan, Alec Ferguson of MU, Martin O'Neill etc etc.,they all show they care, during their matches - why not current ICT management staff - Robbo did, for example. Thats what we want - show commitment/enthusiasm and the fans will follow that. Have any of you watched re-runs of the DVD of our win v Celtic last year (I do - just to reinforce my following of ICT)(what a saddo!!!)(don't need reminding - have been a fan for umpteen years, before amalgamation). Our management at that game just seemed bemused by the result, not elated! We need more passion, more commitment, more whatever it is.

An animated or noisy bench is not necessarily a sign of strong management nor is a quiet bench necessarily a sign of weakness. Steve Paterson was not a great shouter or arm waver but was possibly the best manager in our history. The said could be said of Charlie Christie who has the best SPL record of any ICT manager.