FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

IBM Transport

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎13‎:‎14‎:‎59, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

image.jpg

Cant make them all out, in the square Volvo 245 estate, Blue Audi 100, Yellow Metro, Volvo 740 in corner, red Austin Maxi, brown Alfa Romeo?, Volvo 345, black Cortina MK4, red Vauxhall Cavalier, Red Cortina Mk4 & red Ford Capri Mk2.  The man on the bike is Donald................from Harris who stays down Kessock Road near the old pier, he was a painter for the council (the mad painter) and used to do the yellow lines on the road!

• Agree 1

Lovely exterior picture of the Station Hotel. Looks like the power washers have been quite busy in the last little while. If the exterior is sandstone it would have come up beautiful after a skilled power washing. With aging, though, the sandstone might tend to disintegrate and so forth ...?

Online reviews for this hotel are spotty though. I guess a lack of funds, together with an aging hotel, don't really go hand in hand do they? Is it probably still a bit too Victorian inside then? And maybe the room heating is still by hot water circulating through standing radiators under windows etc?

If I remember correctly, in my young days it was regarded as THE pukka hotel in Inverness?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CST 146 is a Ford Popular registered in 1947, on the right is a Morris 8 with a Sunbeam Talbot tourer in front (I think), the one in front of the Ford Pop is a Hillman Minx and the one behind the women looks kike a mini which would date the photo 1959 or later.  Good photo of the back of the old Caley Hotel.

Back end of Austin A35 outside Macdougall Hotel, Vauxhall Vellox.......................................Ford Zepher.............................................Ford Consul & Morris 8 CST777 registered in 1948.  The old building to the right of the old Free Church has been demolished for years but the remaining buildings on that part of Church St have survived although I think the Macdougall Hotel was much larger then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎23‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 0:53 PM, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

IBM.jpg

That one has been on before!

A few I don't know, going clockwise Humber Super Snipe entering the square, Ford Zepher, Austin A70, Citroen 15-1, 2 Austin Taxi's, Austin A40 coming round top, Ford Prefect in front of station, Vauxhall Cresta in corner, 3rd in from right Volvo 544 (I think) and at the front Austin A30 & Morris Minor.

10 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

image.jpg

On the left Vauxhall Cresta PB estate, Standard Vanguard, Morris Minor, Austin Cambridge and the rear of a Standard Vanguard estate and on the right Ford Zephyr 4 Mk3, Vauxhall Victor FB, Triumph Herald & Honda 50, photo from the early 60's,

14 hours ago, IBM said:

On the left Vauxhall Cresta PB estate, Standard Vanguard, Morris Minor, Austin Cambridge and the rear of a Standard Vanguard estate and on the right Ford Zephyr 4 Mk3, Vauxhall Victor FB, Triumph Herald & Honda 50, photo from the early 60's,

When I saw that photo I thought "Bloody hell! IBM is going to LOVE this!!"

On ‎29‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 5:05 PM, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

image.jpg

From the left Hillman Minx, Austin A40 (frania), Sunbeam Rapier, Morris Minor, Singer Gazelle, Riley 2.6 (I think), Austin A55, Ford Popular & Standard Ensign.  The Hillman, Sunbeam & Singer all shared the same body with different engines and trim.  The photo is from early 60's with the only clear registration EHO 508 being from Southampton in 1962.  That's some telephone pole on Castle Wynd!

A Reliant Dobbin?  Where were they Jock?  I know there was a Macleods Hotel in Church Street during the war until the early 50's which may have been about the same time.

• Agree 1