FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Black, Cowie .... Vigurs next ?

Scotty

According to the P&J, http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1031212 Iain Vigurs will "take his time before deciding whether or not to commit to the Inverness club" ...... The article goes on to say attribute the following comment to the player:

"I am still thinking about the club?s contract offer. It is still early and I am just concentrating on my football at the moment. It is a good sign for me that the club has come to me with a contract offer. It is great that the manager wants me for the next couple of seasons and I am in his plans. I have always said I want to stay here"

looks to me like we have given him an average offer at best and the standard two year contract which will lead to us losing him a year from now on a pre-contract if he progresses as well as most of us think he has the potential to do.

Will we ever learn ?

According to the P&J, http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1031212 Iain Vigurs will "take his time before deciding whether or not to commit to the Inverness club" ...... The article goes on to say attribute the following comment to the player:

"I am still thinking about the club?s contract offer. It is still early and I am just concentrating on my football at the moment. It is a good sign for me that the club has come to me with a contract offer. It is great that the manager wants me for the next couple of seasons and I am in his plans. I have always said I want to stay here"

looks to me like we have given him an average offer at best and the standard two year contract which will lead to us losing him a year from now on a pre-contract if he progresses as well as most of us think he has the potential to do.

Will we ever learn ?

It appears not Scotty, why the heck we cant get these players on long term contracts really beats me

Will we ever learn ?

Totally crazy. Young Ian is potentially the best prospect to come out of our club. What do we do give him a mediocre offer and more or less invite another club to snap him up for nothing. We should be giving him a 3 year contract he deserves and possibly somewhere along the line we would benifit financialy from our investment. Does that sound simple or is it rocket science?Bennet is a joke as a director of football.