FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who will be the 3 candidates?

Tichy_Blacks_Back

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last time out really was a **** take. the shortlist was very short.about 1 i reckon. they even had time in their busy selection process to have a wee meeting with the fans to hear our views. very different this time.!

cant believe now i wasted the petrol going to that meeting.

I think they should consider Kevin McDonald from Aston Villa.

What a record he has got.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_MacDonald_(footballer)

I dug out the Caley v Leicester City programme from March 1983 and both Kevin MacDonald and Ian Wilson were in the Leicester City side that evening (Nicky Walker was in the stand) as well as a certain G. Lineker (wonder whatever happened to him.... :rotflmao: )

As with thee poll, our shortlist seems to be Robertson, Knox, Sutton, Ardilles and Malpas.

I would say Malpas, Sutton and Ardilles are unlikely.

Knox has great experience, contacts, knowledge. A strong candidate.

Robertson is a man manager and a trainer, what the club needs. A strong candidate.

I would be happy with either, and I have a feeling it will be Knox

As with thee poll, our shortlist seems to be Robertson, Knox, Sutton, Ardilles and Malpas.

I would say Malpas, Sutton and Ardilles are unlikely.

Knox has great experience, contacts, knowledge. A strong candidate.

Robertson is a man manager and a trainer, what the club needs. A strong candidate.

I would be happy with either, and I have a feeling it will be Knox

I would also be delighted with eitheir Robbo or Knox, hope to god that neitheir Sutton, Ardilles nor Malpas get the job though!

I reckon we'll be down to a shortlist of Knox, McDonald, Robertson and Wilson and from that will be chosen manager and No2

Surely, the number 2 is picked by whoever gets the Managers job, and not by the club.

Cryptic clues kiltarlity, cryptic clues. :rotflmao:

Knox with Wilson as assistant? As he's 61, why not Knox with Robertson as assistant?!

Tichy Black may be Back but Scarlet has recovered from his 3-week computer disaster and is also catching up on the news.

What a shock I got when I noted that Brew was ex-Brew.

Will be surprised if Robbo was appointed--too much pushing from him which, if he was being seriously considered, would not be completely necessary surely. However, he does show faith and passion.......

Ardiles ...no. Barely knows where Inverness is --said it was cold but he can only attest to that if he has actually been there. We also need someone who is steeped in Scottish Football , knows the game and has contacts. Where would Mr Ardilles get his new players from and how good a Manager was he in foreign climes and how long would he take to get acclimatised to the cold North , the players and the prospects etc. Methinks he would require more time than Caley Thistle can afford at the moment to get a real handle on what he has bitten off and would have to chew.

We don't need a six month semi-wonderkid but a solid prospect for the future. Bear in mind that Managers come and go in these times with repetitive rapidity also.

Back to holding bated breath.

Its known that people who live in Tokyo lose 76% of their marbles. Us in the the much more agreeable Fukuoka, are unanimous that Knox and Wilson should be the pairing.

You're in Fukuoka now? Happy days in Umebayashi, many years ago - still following their J-League progress, such as it is, but it provides a lift occasionally when my other teams fail, as my main one seems to do so spectacularly often these days. Still, someone may be able to turn it around - I haven't a clue who the board's shortlist will be but, for all I'd like to see Robbo back, I just think there may be too many burnt bridges there. Hope not. Ardiles? Nut. Wouldn't be amazed to see Bazza in the frame somewhere, but I reckon they'll surprise us. Again.

Its known that people who live in Tokyo lose 76% of their marbles. Us in the the much more agreeable Fukuoka, are unanimous that Knox and Wilson should be the pairing.

You're in Fukuoka now? Happy days in Umebayashi, many years ago - still following their J-League progress, such as it is, but it provides a lift occasionally when my other teams fail, as my main one seems to do so spectacularly often these days. Still, someone may be able to turn it around - I haven't a clue who the board's shortlist will be but, for all I'd like to see Robbo back, I just think there may be too many burnt bridges there. Hope not. Ardiles? Nut. Wouldn't be amazed to see Bazza in the frame somewhere, but I reckon they'll surprise us. Again.

That's a very good article on ICT's new manager....not something you say about most of the newspapers these days....