Reserves

Alex MacLeod

is Odhiambo no a striker???

He can play right wing as well and given the pace he allegdly has thats no bad thing.

Good to see Kerr and Byrne get some much needed playing time. If anywhere near fit enough i would love to see them involved in some capacity on Saturday.

When you consider that only Woodhouse and Finnis would not be considered first team starters/squad players at this point in time and that none of those who started on Sunday started in this game then it's encouraging to see that we perhaps have more strength in depth than some might have realised.

With regards the result....it all depends on Butchers attitude to reserve games. Some Managers set out with "winning" as the main priority whilst others view it as nothing more than a training exercise with the result being of secondary concern.

It's also good to hear that Butcher was in the dug-out as this was seldom the case with Brewster who seemed to spend most of his time wandering around the stadium at TCS and not taking in the whole game and giving very little direct instruction. Whether this is a product of Butcher's need to get to know players or whether it's his way of doing things I don't know, but I hope it stays like that as there's no better opportunity week to week for getting to try things and for the manager to get feedback from that.

When you consider that only Woodhouse and Finnis would not be considered first team starters/squad players at this point in time and that none of those who started on Sunday started in this game then it's encouraging to see that we perhaps have more strength in depth than some might have realised.

With regards the result....it all depends on Butchers attitude to reserve games. Some Managers set out with "winning" as the main priority whilst others view it as nothing more than a training exercise with the result being of secondary concern.

It's also good to hear that Butcher was in the dug-out as this was seldom the case with Brewster who seemed to spend most of his time wandering around the stadium at TCS and not taking in the whole game and giving very little direct instruction. Whether this is a product of Butcher's need to get to know players or whether it's his way of doing things I don't know, but I hope it stays like that as there's no better opportunity week to week for getting to try things and for the manager to get feedback from that.

Butcher is on borrowed time already and I am sure that he will be spending the next few weeks running his eye over the entire squad - training isnt always the best place to do that - matches are and I would be hoping that the squad at the moment are doing their uptmost to impress Butcher as it is either their lifeline or opportunity to challenge. The lack of goals is worrying but at least Butch will now have learned that you cant play Rooney and Wood together.