Ict In The Here And Now

This forum is becoming increasingly intriguing from a psychological perspective. Many individuals appear to be trying to uphold a sense of optimism - possibly over - optimism in some quarters. Bickering and petty feuding is becoming a common place occurence. Name calling is at an all time high ?

Are we trying to compensate for the fear that we may not actually survive. Are we projecting our anxieties on to others ? Are we stressed out and showing vulnerability ? Any form of criticism or wit is being scorned upon - is that again a form of denial, projection, intellectualisation,displacement or rationalisation ?

Some posters are displaying pathological defensive mechanisms and others immature and neurotic - the stabler posters - like ma good self - are displaying mature defense mechanisms.

Lets face it - this has been the worst season EVER - we are deep in the doodoo - we are on the brink of relegation - we have a manager trying to scrape everything out of an inherited squad - we have a team playing without a recognised striker - we have a team collected in a frantic / panicky January transfer window - we have a team lacking in togetherness and match fitness - we have a team that has been damaged by the management prior to the Butcher appointment.

I am feckin really worried - Relegation is a real threat - it is a distinct possibility - I BELIEVE - but that belief is significantly more tenuous than it was in the first season - at the moment I am praying and hoping - I aint convinced. This could go to the wire.

If any of yas disagree with that you are fooling yerselves.

So what can we do ? If ya criticise put a clear rationale behind it. But lets do all of that after 90 minutes and after the last ball has been kicked. We have a weakened squad who are probably doing their uptmost even though some of them may not be up to the standard required. Committment and fight may overcome the odds.

God bless ya Terry Butcher - our life is in your hands - and that is good enuff fer me.

This forum is becoming increasingly intriguing from a psychological perspective. Many individuals appear to be trying to uphold a sense of optimism - possibly over - optimism in some quarters. Bickering and petty feuding is becoming a common place occurence. Name calling is at an all time high ?

From a lot of posters yes that is true

Are we trying to compensate for the fear that we may not actually survive. Are we projecting our anxieties on to others ? Are we stressed out and showing vulnerability ? Any form of criticism or wit is being scorned upon - is that again a form of denial, projection, intellectualisation,displacement or rationalisation ?

It's called unity

Some posters are displaying pathological defensive mechanisms and others immature and neurotic - the stabler posters - like ma good self - are displaying mature defense mechanisms.

Arsenal!

Lets face it - this has been the worst season EVER - we are deep in the doodoo - we are on the brink of relegation - we have a manager trying to scrape everything out of an inherited squad - we have a team playing without a recognised striker - we have a team collected in a frantic / panicky January transfer window - we have a team lacking in togetherness and match fitness - we have a team that has been damaged by the management prior to the Butcher appointment.

Since his appointment, we have a team grinding out results.

I am feckin really worried - Relegation is a real threat - it is a distinct possibility - I BELIEVE - but that belief is significantly more tenuous than it was in the first season - at the moment I am praying and hoping - I aint convinced. This could go to the wire.

True, but this is more exciting than mid-table every year though I'd prefer not getting excited so much.

If any of yas disagree with that you are fooling yerselves.

I have never heard anything more narcissistic in my puff.

So what can we do ? If ya criticise put a clear rationale behind it. But lets do all of that after 90 minutes and after the last ball has been kicked. We have a weakened squad who are probably doing their uptmost even though some of them may not be up to the standard required. Committment and fight may overcome the odds.

Is this the postivity you spoke about earlier?

God bless ya Terry Butcher - our life is in your hands - and that is good enuff fer me.

Our life? FFS it's much more important than that ya mug. Oh and yeah, god bless you Terry & Maurice.