FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Tokely At Centre-half

Renegade

I see big Rosscoe played at centre-half yesterday. Should he play here more often, play here as his primary position or do you prefer him at right-back? What about his runs forward, whilst playing at centre-half would these be a thing of the past or would he continue doing it but down the middle of the pitch a la Puyol? Or would be better in the midfield? Discuss.

He did ok, certainly has the build for the job. He also played centre forward as our quest for an equaliser intensified in the last ten minutes.

He should be playing there from the start.

He did well at centre half. In the second half Proctor was good going forward, but none of the mazy runs like roscoe. He was solid when he played in centre mid against hearts when we lost 3-2 at Tynecastle. And he had a cheeky wee backheel past one of the Accies players yesterday when he was thrown up front.

I think keep him at right back. If we didn't have Pavels, I would say stick Tokely in the centre.

Of, **** me! Tokley? He shouldn't even be playing football! That Dynamo Kiev team that had Shevshenko and Rebrov was good becasue they relied on quick, technical players. We are a **** football team. Especially if Rosco is regarded as a good player 11.

Of, **** me! Tokley? He shouldn't even be playing football! That Dynamo Kiev team that had Shevshenko and Rebrov was good becasue they relied on quick, technical players. We are a **** football team. Especially if Rosco is regarded as a good player 11.

Awww... C'mon now Knowledge...

A tad short of the milk of human kindness with that comment.

Surely you can overlook his shortcomings as a player?

I have it on good authority his other attributes more than compensate for any lack of skills he might occasionally demonstrate on the field of play. In fact according to my good friend FW the BIG guy has no shortcomings in any department whatsoever!!

:rotflmao:

Edited by Johnboy

I thought Rossco played well in central defence but we really missed his runs down the right side. Also Proctor is too wimpy in the back 4, especially in a relegation battle. He gets pushed off the ball too easily whereas Rossco doesn't.

I do think it's worrying that our most attacking players seem to be the right and left back, we really need the midfield to help out.

I do think it's worrying that our most attacking players seem to be the right and left back, we really need the midfield to help out.

Djebi Zadi hardly got forward at all from left back, particularly in the second half. Proctor at right back didn't do significantly better. Thought we seemed quite "rigid" at times. Played a lot of stuff through the middle. When Morais went wide right there was an improvement.