FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Matchday Programme

frank_the_tank

Away from the on the park, noticed in the Hamilton programme, we came 11th in the SPL programme table with Hibs bottom and Dundee United top.

And it's no surprise because it's rank rotten.....was quite a good read last year but this year has gone down hill. I understand the club has cut back and produced a smaller version to cuts cost....however still it's poor quality.

Surely we can produce something better next season? Any ideas on how to improve it?

was quite a good read last year

Simply use the same size, format and layout as last seasons programmes.

More pages with more useful and intresting information on it is needed.

It's not rocket science to make a decent programme surely. All it needs is a bit of imagination. I'd agree with the previous suggestions put forward, in particular it needs to go back to the old size. The current size makes the programme look as if it's been the victim of a cost-cutting exercise (which it probably is). How about a 10, 25 and 50 year ago feature on what was happening in north football back then, much like the weekly From Our Files feature in The Courier. We've plenty in the Caley and Thistle history to look back at but there must be plenty of other material in the Courier, Highland News, Football Times, Northern Chronicle and Highland Herald to dig out.

View from the BENI was hilarious! :rotflmao:

Maybe they should include snippets from this website in the programmes? That said, would the club be happy about that as it might take attention away from ictfcuk?

Barrowmans Banter? Rooneys Rant? Tokely talk? Duncans drivell?

Suppose it could work.

Was giving young fans (and older fans) a fan couple of pages to read before kick off.

Heres a suggestion, insert a picture of the fans and circle one fan and whoever is circled, wins a prize. Simples!!!

baynes banter was good. reading about dressing room football breaking lights and markus getting kicked in the eye.

the section on the away team has been decreased, used to be 4 pages with small player profiles. plus the interview with the home player could be longer.

could have a section where a fan gets interviewed? obviously would have to be done in advance quite bit.

i always like to drive up to the stadium in the morning, arrive about half 12, nip into the shop for a wee nosey, get my ticket and programme, and back to the car to read the program and see the players walking in! but yes it could be a better read!

in our 1st 3 seasons in the spl i thought the programmes were excellent, in one year we came 2nd i think it was in that programme table

the past 2 years havent been that great to be honest

The amount of spelling mistakes and stuff is unreal. One I remeber is last season there was a Zander Sutherland interview in which he said he was delighed! :rotflmao:

Some extra stuff I put in it would be things like having one of those team big team line-up tables for the whole season for the reserves as well. A "Renegade's Collumn" might also be a good feature. :thumb04:

The amount of spelling mistakes and stuff is unreal. One I remeber is last season there was a Zander Sutherland interview in which he said he was delighed! :rotflmao:

Some extra stuff I put in it would be things like having one of those team big team line-up tables for the whole season for the reserves as well. A "Renegade's Collumn" might also be a good feature. :thumb04:

Abusive remark deleted.

Edited by Alex MacLeod
delete abuse

When they do that one-2-one with the players they should ask them better questions like on soccerAM.

who's the least intelligent?

who's the most intelligent?

who's the worst dressed?

Who's the worst trainer?

Who's the best trainer?

Who is the longest in the shower?

The amount of spelling mistakes and stuff is unreal. One I remeber is last season there was a Zander Sutherland interview in which he said he was delighed! :018:

Some extra stuff I put in it would be things like having one of those team big team line-up tables for the whole season for the reserves as well. A "Renegade's Collumn" might also be a good feature. :rotflmao:

You should check your own spelling before slagging others :thumb04:

I liked the Baynes Banter always made me laugh at the daft things the players had said in conversation.... I tell with the daft things i can come out with i thing i would give them a run for their money !!! I would like to see more along the lines of Baynes Banter etc but make it a different player for each programme.

The editor of our programme would love nothing better that contributions from players and fans alike. The trouble is getting people to volunteer their time to collect the information, stories etc and to get it all to him by the deadline for printing. And to do all this on a regular basis. If anyone thinks they can contribute then get in touch with the editor via the club. As far as I know its still Brian Munro.

The amount of spelling mistakes and stuff is unreal. One I remeber is last season there was a Zander Sutherland interview in which he said he was delighed! :thumb04:

Some extra stuff I put in it would be things like having one of those team big team line-up tables for the whole season for the reserves as well. A "Renegade's Collumn" might also be a good feature. :018:

You should check your own spelling before slagging others ;)

:rotflmao:

Bayne's banter was great.

You always got a laugh out of it. Fans view in the older ones was good too, especially from the BENI.

Few things i miss from the past ones.

i am sure it would be appreciated as long as it was put down as suggestions as after all it is the fans who by the programme week after week.

PS does anyone have a copy of the programme from the home motherwell game on 28th Feb? its the only programme im missing from this season. i am willing to buy it off anyone.

A couple of years back I wrote a couple of football items to be used how ever they wanted in the club programme - after initial communication I sent the articles in but they were never used - I even followed up after with further e-mails and never got a reply - I wouldn't waste your time and effort - maybe the guys on P&B are right after all....

The club don't really give a toss about anything that involves time and money. Only until it starts to be a problem for them.