FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Matchday Thread: St Mirren -v- Ict

Scotty

I said possibly because it happened at the far end of the park, and I have not seen any replays on tv yet. I thought they got a succesion of decisions from a very very poor referee, and they took throw ins and free kicks quickly trying to keep their momentum going. Was that why he was exposed a bit down the goal line, I waited for him to lunge in but Mehmet got the better of him and crossed for Hamilton to score. Lionel had a good game otherwise and special mention for Roy who tracked Dormant all afternoon.

Still buzzing, fantastic day.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes...........I hope he gets better soon.

Good all round tough tackling performance. Unfair to single anyone out but,..................Proctor was maybe, just maybe the weakest link, but thats just my opinion. He was not poor by any standards, but looked a bit lightweight a couple of times although he put in a couple of juicy challenges as well.

Lionel possibly caught out for their goal, but otherwise he had a decent game.

Sorry, no possibly about it. Bad defending from DZ. Good finish from Hamilton though.

Tokely was immense at CB again (from the TV pictures) and he seems to have steadied Munro a wee bit there. WOuld that seem a fair comment for those at the game?

I suspect TB sees Rosscoe more as a CB than a RB and I'm happy with that.

With his track record he should recognise a decent centre-half when he sees one.

Just to echo the others, a great fighting game, and well done to all.

Is it me, but the new Midden ground seemed smaller than Love St. I was surprised by how small it looked for a new stadium. And their fans are shocking. They just sat like zombies until they got the equaliser.

I remember that both rossco and Munro have scored this season already but i can't remember who against, anyone know??

p.s why do fanz of other clubs dislike rossco so much??

Edited by MissICT

The new stadium looks like a cross between meccano and lego, maybe it should have been called legano, or mecclego or something similar, although The Methadome is my personal favourite.

By the way, what an irritable little jobsworth of a steward, the little upstart in the orange, what a forkin pleb. Get a life ya wee squirt, and stick yer clipboard where it hurts. Killjoy springs to mind.

I remember that both rossco and Munro have scored this season already but i can't remember who against, anyone know??

Munro scored against Motherwell at Caley Stadium and Tokely scored against Motherwell at Fir Park IIRC.

St. Mirren are the only team who really dislike big Rosscoe, really because he ended one of their players careers once, Chris Kerr I think.

Munro scored against Motherwell at Caley Stadium and Tokely scored against Motherwell at Fir Park IIRC.

St. Mirren are the only team who really dislike big Rosscoe, really because he ended one of their players careers once, Chris Kerr I think.

St Mirren fans will say Rossco cynically and deliberately ended Kerr's career and then danced on his grave. It happened about 10 years ago in what was possibly Rossco's 1st or 2nd game in Div 1, which I think we lost 3-2 at Love St.

Kerr was on the wing trying to pass Tokely, who stuck a leg out and caught his knee. Rossco got a red, and Kerr was out injured for the best part of a year IIRC. Kerr came back and kept playing for years, but supposedly wasn't as good as before. So while he eventually disappeared into the wilderness, Rossco went on to become Superman.

Edited by Yngwie
more info

Check the amount of bookings Tokely gets and its not surprising fans of every club dislike him .

Just one yellow since Butcher took over, I think. TB praised him yesterday, saying that that on his arrival he had commented that that if the team pick up more points than Rossco does, we'll be fine!

Most of the players have started to behave themselves.

Black has be a lot more calm this season and when he picked up the yellow he knew he had done wrong and just got on with it.

But Butcher did mention that the team need to play a wee bit more dirty.

some have started to do down a little easier as well, remembering foran yesterday going down and quickly getting back on his feet when the ball came back to him. Not a bad thing, we need to stop being such a nicey-nicey team and start becoming more of a hamilton/kilmarnock.

hope this doesn't go to the players heads, but it was a fantastic game to be at, more memorable than aberdeen by a mile.

The new stadium looks like a cross between meccano and lego, maybe it should have been called legano, or mecclego or something similar, although The Methadome is my personal favourite.

By the way, what an irritable little jobsworth of a steward, the little upstart in the orange, what a forkin pleb. Get a life ya wee squirt, and stick yer clipboard where it hurts. Killjoy springs to mind.

Aye, he was a wee dik. The police had to tell him to settle down!!! Still, he let us have a photo with him at the end......

Aye, he was a wee dik. The police had to tell him to settle down!!! Still, he let us have a photo with him at the end......

this guy?

4046242638a10745262778l.jpg

this guy?

Can't work out which guy is the bigger prik in that photo? Defo some height issues going on there....

It's the sort of luck we need to get results and tbh i think we deserve it. We've had alot go against us this season. It's nice seeing things go our way for a change.

this guy?

Can't work out which guy is the bigger prik in that photo? Defo some height issues going on there....

ha ha I like how I've managed to hide your true identity behind the guys hood!!

I'd love to know how someone about 13 years old can become head steward?? It's as though he was on work experience for the day.... muppet!

As for the game....

It wasn't pretty but we definitely deserved the 3 points and I think a lot of credit has to go to the 12th man. Our support has taken a fair amount of stick since we got into the SPL but yesterday we proved our worth. The Loyal/sesh/Caley Army were terrific and didn't stop from the start of the game to the final whistle and you could see the extra motivation it provided for the players on the park....

I am absolutely delighted for Munro and Tokely to get on the scoresheet and also for them both to put in a solid performance. Munro has obviously received a bit of stick from some of our fans but hopefully they can see after yesterdays performance that he has plenty to offer this club, he got in the way of anything that came in his path and his passing from the back was also a lot better than usual.

If I had written a script before the game I don't think I could have made it more dramatic... Tokely scoring a late winner at Midden??? After the game you could see how delighted the guy was and for the amount of unneccesary abuse he has received from their support, his revenge was long overdue but I don't think he could have chose a better time to take it

The combination of Kerr & Black in the centre of the park will see us too safety... they worked brilliantly together and you can see why Duncan's not getting a look at the moment. I am gutted we are losing Black at the end of the season.... he has been our star player since signing a pre-contract with Hearts when he could quite easily be taking it easy until he leaves.

Our wingers and full backs didn't stop all game... Imrie was a constant menace when drifting in from the right wing, McBain marked Dorman out of the game, Proctor made some important challenges and Zadi was his usual unreliable-but-occasionally-brilliant self.

I don't really know why Foran received extra praise at the end of the match, he worked hard but I didn't think he was one of our best players.... not bad just not great. He certainly was no better than Barrowman who I thought led the line well although never offered enough of a goal threat.

Great result... if we had lost yesterday I think we could have said goodbye to the SPL