FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Burnley V Sheffield United

Glen Mhor

I read that Graham Alexander has played in all 61 of their games this season...aged 37.

Yep scoring 11 goals aswel pretty good for a defender. Alexander has never played for a scottish club.

So, neither have most of the other english people in the Scotland team

I read that Graham Alexander has played in all 61 of their games this season...aged 37.

Yep scoring 11 goals aswel pretty good for a defender. Alexander has never played for a scottish club.

Who the other english people in the scotland team :blink:

Who the other english people in the scotland team :blink:

Jay Mceveley, James Morrison, Kris Commons........

The lad Boyd of Peterborough thats just been given the go ahead for Scotland qualifies through his granny or sumin. Theres another.

we've always had english.. remember sullivan, matteo, hutchison etc!?

The lad Boyd of Peterborough thats just been given the go ahead for Scotland qualifies through his granny or sumin. Theres another.

George Boyd had never even been to Scotland before he played in that "B" game :L

Edited by RowdyBey

Back on topic. Well done Burnley. For a town with a population simmilar to inverness....to get into the richest and best league in the world should inspire teams. Well done them!

George Boyd had never even been to Scotland before he played in that "B" game :L

Off topic for a quick sec...

How would you know that??

Because he said so when he was interviewed in The Sun

Ridiculous really. wonder if he knows how to get to glasgow :spam01:

Ridiculous really. wonder if he knows how to get to glasgow :lol:

Well he got to broadwood fine

• 3 weeks later...

*Off-topic again!*

That's not 'always' in my book....... it's only the past 10-15 years we've had to scrape the barrel and play non-Scots.

Edited by The Mantis

More off topic......

Well I did hesitate over putting '20-25 years' to avoid sounding like one of those old buffers who says 'in my day' all the time :lol:

No wonder international football is becoming completely pointless if you can't identify with your players.

I started watching Scotland when we had Law, Dalglish, Gemmill, Holton, Jordan, McQueen, etc. My first game was when we beat the Czechs 2-1 to qualify for 1974.

I would define a 'Scot' as somebody who's wanted to play for us since he was old enough to think. Not some mercenary such as Sullivan.

Now the likes of Rioch - although he has an English accent, if I remember he was brought up by Scottish parents and only ever wanted to play for Scotland. Gough's different though I have to admit.

BTW who was the defender we picked about 10 years ago, who was only Scottish on a technicality? Matt whatsisname. I heard an interview with him after he was chosen. All he could witter on about was his precious career and how it would be a challenge to step up to international level. Nothing about the fact that he would sweat blood to play for Scotland like most of us.

Edited by The Mantis

*Off-topic again!*

That's not 'always' in my book....... it's only the past 10-15 years we've had to scrape the barrel and play non-Scots.

Andy Goram- played Cricket for England he did.

*Off-topic again!*

Andy Goram- played Cricket for England he did.

He played for Scotland at cricket.