New Currency Unit

In 1923 it took about 50 billion German Reichsmarks to buy a postage stamp. Before the Euro arrived, there used to be around 2000 Italian Lire to the ?. Today's exchange rate for the Zimbabwean dollar is 37,456,777 to the $US.

All prime examples of very small units of currency, but now football has created its own currency unit at the other end of the scale. It is called the Kaka (Kk).

One Kaka (Kk) = ?56,000,000.

It certainly makes the rest of football look good because Rangers' debt, which I recently saw reported at ?104,000,000 would work out at less than 2 Kakas.

And when you express what it cost to have a Romanian international striker playing for you in the SPL, a mere 0.00007 Kk a week sounds like a real bargain!

Talking of the SPL, it looks as if they are now on a shoogly financial peg following Setanta's apparent inability to come up with their latest instalment of 0.054 Kakas. I am sure that ICT will now be hoping that the SPL will be able to pay them their Parachute Payment, estimated at around 0.005Kk.

In the financial world, RBS's recently revealed annual losses of ?24 billion quickly convert to 4030 Kakas (4.03 KiloKakas).

An even bigger currency unit is the "Team of Kakas" (TKk). 1 TKk = 11 Kk so one TKk = ?616,000,000.

RBS's debt therefore equates to 366.4 TKk.

Oh, and by the way, there are 33900000000000000 (3.39 x 10 (to the 16)) Zimbabwean dollars to the Kaka.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

:) :025: :025:

Aye...very good Charles.... errrr have you been smoking the kak again?

No, but since I posted the original I've also become aware of another very large currency unit... the HPE (Heathmount Pint Equivalent). Since the Heathmount installed its Peroni tap, the HPE more or less seems to have drifted towards parity with the Kaka.

Over on the other side of the river the standard currency is the CCVL (Caley Club Vodka Lake).

1 HPE = 25 CCVL.

School lunch today by the way (without any HPs or CCVs of course) cost me 0.05 microKakas (uKk)

Edited by Charles Bannerman

:) :025: :025:

Aye...very good Charles.... errrr have you been smoking the kak again?

No, but since I posted the original I've also become aware of another very large currency unit... the HPE (Heathmount Pint Equivalent). Since the Heathmount installed its Peroni tap, the HPE more or less seems to have drifted towards parity with the Kaka.

Over on the other side of the river the standard currency is the CCVL (Caley Club Vodka Lake).

1 HPE = 25 CCVL.

School lunch today by the way (without any HPs or CCVs of course) cost me 0.05 microKakas (uKk)

How does that figure against the old Romanian currency, the Marius (LFB)?

How does that figure against the old Romanian currency, the Marius (LFB)?

Gordy.... if you remember, 1 Marius = ?400,000 (sterling equivalent of 500,000 Euros at the time of transfer to Dinamo.)

At an exchange rate of ?56,000,000 to the Kaka, that makes 1 Marius worth 0.07Kk.

Presumably there are also lesser denominations such as the Tokely, the Vigurs and the Kellacher. I am told that the smallest denomination of all is the Fort William Defender.

In this afternoon's currency markets the Fort William Defender reached parity with the Zimbabwean Dollar.