FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Are the muppets learning ?

I had an interesting discussion at work with a fan of Wigan and a fan of Bolton today which really got me thinking. When I told them of my fears and perspectives they suggested that going in to the SFL may well be a way forward for the club - It felt to them - and I agree - that we may not have been ready for the SPL when we went up - especially in regard to the off field management and PR.

When you think about it we survived for the most apart from a few wonder weeks but mismanagement was the name of the game throughout the SPL era - and now here we are - back in the SFL - with an experienced, charismatic manager who is good PR in himself and there are already changes happening off the field that perhaps should have happened a long time ago. Lets hope that the communication and the return to being a family club only continues.

WE MAY HAVE NEEDED TO DROP INTO THE SFL TO REGROUP AND REORGANISE - WE MAY ACTUALLY LEARN HOW TO BE AN SPL CLUB IN THE SFL ?

I had an interesting discussion at work with a fan of Wigan and a fan of Bolton today which really got me thinking. When I told them of my fears and perspectives they suggested that going in to the SFL may well be a way forward for the club - It felt to them - and I agree - that we may not have been ready for the SPL when we went up - especially in regard to the off field management and PR.

When you think about it we survived for the most apart from a few wonder weeks but mismanagement was the name of the game throughout the SPL era - and now here we are - back in the SFL - with an experienced, charismatic manager who is good PR in himself and there are already changes happening off the field that perhaps should have happened a long time ago. Lets hope that the communication and the return to being a family club only continues.

WE MAY HAVE NEEDED TO DROP INTO THE SFL TO REGROUP AND REORGANISE - WE MAY ACTUALLY LEARN HOW TO BE AN SPL CLUB IN THE SFL ?

:blink: we know now what we need to be up there and what it takes, Its getting there now thats exciting!!

I'm glad to be where we are. I might just start enjoying the matchday experience for the first time in ages. You can keep the SPL as far as I am concerned.

I find that attitude so strange. I've lived in Sneck for just over 5 years now, and have known nothing other than SPL football here. During that 5 years I've experienced some great days (and nights) at TCS having seen wins over both the OF, the Hibs, the Hearts, Dundee, DUFC, etc, etc...

Maybe I'll get to like SFL football too, but I have my doubts...

Naelifts has always preferred the smaller grounds and 'closer' atmosphere that comes with it, sometimes i can agree, sometimes not.

Going back to Johndo's view, the club had 5 years to adapt to SPL behind the scenes and in my mind did not quite reach that height, whether it was lack of money i dont know, the smacking of Savage with the big wooden Sutherland mallet didnt help as he at least had a bit of vision.

Can we regroup? possibly... i am looking forward to us being a bigger fish in the slightly smaller pond for a change, and will enjoy going to some smaller grounds for a change where the ref cannot help but hear abuse.

Edited by caley100

Naelifts has always preferred the smaller grounds and 'closer' atmosphere that comes with it, sometimes i can agree, sometimes not.

Going back to Johndo's view, the club had 5 years to adapt to SPL behind the scenes and in my mind did not quite reach that height, whether it was lack of money i dont know, the smacking of Savage with the big wooden Sutherland mallet didnt help as he at least had a bit of vision.

Can we regroup? possibly... i am looking forward to us being a bigger fish in the slightly smaller pond for a change, and will enjoy going to some smaller grounds for a change where the ref cannot help but hear abuse.

do you mean wee shytee grounds like victoria park? I'm looking forward to the terracing there - raining or not. It won't matter when we're 3 goals to the good. But then I will miss the spl games, especially tynecastle.

Edited by Top Six Next Year

I'm glad to be where we are. I might just start enjoying the matchday experience for the first time in ages. You can keep the SPL as far as I am concerned.

I agree with this somehow. I dont know what it is but I just dont think there is a better feeling than travelling to some crappy ground eg Somerset Park and eating a moldy pie and watching some fairly entertaining football not for the quality just the general kicking lumps out of each other

I agree with this somehow. I dont know what it is but I just dont think there is a better feeling than travelling to some crappy ground eg Somerset Park and eating a moldy pie and watching some fairly entertaining football not for the quality just the general kicking lumps out of each other

Must be a form of masochism..

Must be a form of masochism..

Yeah thats it. Sometimes the wrist slitting just isnt enough for me :lol: