FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Young Peoples Views Of Inverness

RiG

Aye, quite often had the 'S'cuse me bud, You got a quid for eh bus home you could lend us?' whilst walkin down the High St.

Know someone that works in Boots aswell, where the junkies have to go for their prescribed meth, and it is a HUGE number of them that are getting it just now.

Walking past The Keg up until Lauders you will see a lot of the 'wastes of space' that SMEE mentioned. That street should be renamed 'Dregs Of Society Lane' surely.

The towns definitely changed for the worse in the last few years , I was the victim of an attempted mugging the other Wednesday night by a couple of females !

You need to go on one of these body-building courses, DC.... a rotweiller might help you too.

I do agree though.... there are some real scary wimmin in this old town.

Walking up Bruce Gardens about midnight and spotted a couple of lassies about 50 yards ahead of me heading in the same direction , I was half shot and thought no more of it until I caught up with them and one of them skelped me in the face with an object wrapped in a bag nearly knocking me out . if it wasn't for a bloke witnessing it and shouting out I would have been mugged without a doubt as I was staggering and seeing stars !

Thats pretty bad DC. My dad (OAP) was walking down Caley Rd one night...and there was a crowd of youths behind him. He reckons they tried to mug him cause they tried to click his heels trying to knock him over. Its a blessing they didnt...coz if i found out who it was......their legs would be broken!

Walking up Bruce Gardens about midnight and spotted a couple of lassies about 50 yards ahead of me heading in the same direction , I was half shot and thought no more of it until I caught up with them and one of them skelped me in the face with an object wrapped in a bag nearly knocking me out . if it wasn't for a bloke witnessing it and shouting out I would have been mugged without a doubt as I was staggering and seeing stars !

Was this one of them, DC?

post-311-1253465497.jpg

Jay , what grants and funding do the government give Lifescan ?

I forgot all about this thread. Are you being pedantic? If so, then The Scottish Executive give various grants, funds and incentives to Johnson & Johnson (they own Lifescan). The incentives are to keep them in the area as they are a big employer. Like I've said though, the moment the incentives dry up and disappear then Lifescan will up sticks and move to somewhere that will offer more incentives.

Why would I be being pedantic ? It was a reasonable question that i didn't know the answer to . Think your paranoid fella .

I thought you were being pedantic about the government giving grants etc to Lifescan when they are in fact given to Johnson & Johnson.

I worked at IML way back, My employee number was around 102 might have been 112 but anyway, Jays right, even the HIE poured loads of money in to the place, it was only about 8-9 years ago J&J bought the place over, it was run by another Co then that was a subsidury of J&J basicly if it failed and went to the dogs J&J were safe, we had millions given back then and even now get cash and tax breaks to keep them here!! I left 8-9 years ago when I was talking to Dave Scott who said it was very testing times if the J&J didnt go through then I might find my swipe card wouldnt work one day.. that would have been it for us.. they would just liturly go.. end off. So I thought as a young lad then doing a very well paid (At the time) job but taking up a space for an old woman i was going to make the move.....

I once said I would never move out of Inverness, oh how I eat those words.

It has changed so much and I hate it.

That's all I have to say until my brain decides to come up with something constructive...

Lossiemouth its the new Black!

I once said I would never move out of Inverness, oh how I eat those words.

It has changed so much and I hate it.

That's all I have to say until my brain decides to come up with something constructive...

Where would you go in Scotland (or England) that you might think would be better than here?