FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT v COUNTY : Matchday Thread

CaleyD

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

once again butcher comes out and says the right thing.

is he going to do anything about the clear problems we have or just tell the press? methinks he has been learning a few things from burley. i might be a little harsh though, and a week makes a massive difference in the first division.

only hope that today was the huge kick up the erse that the players need. most of the fans knew that county weren't going to come and lie down, the players and management seemed to take the 3 points for granted from the off.

TB/MM sort it out now.

Remember its just one game. Yes i know its against the GYPOS but we've got to stick by them and makesure we give them our full backing through out the season

I am not saying TB/MM out, yet. I am saying sort out the inconsistancy. I am told they were a top of the league team last week against Dundee, poor against Ayr good against Dunfermline and beating 3rd division teams for fun.

Sort out what makes the team so inconsistant. That is all I am asking for. Oh and a team with some passion, oh and a team that can pass a ball, oh and a footballer who will not fall over if someone comes close to him, oh and some one who can score regularlly. Not much is it? :(

I don't really know what to say after that. I can't believe that was the same XI that, for periods, took Dundee apart last week at Dens. It was like night and day from last weeks performance. No arguments from me. County fully deserved that win today. I can take losing, I can just about tolerate losing to RC but I cannot deal with that level of performance from ICT. It was exceedingly poor.

Not really sure how the first goal came about as I thought we had cleared the danger but the ball appeared back with an unmarked DiG and he had an easy finish. After that County played everyone bar DiG behind the ball and we should absolutely no ability whatsoever to be able to break them down.

Djebi Zadi was done on the left and it was an excellent ball in for Vigurs to finish off with that cheeky flick. When we got back into it through Hayes I thought we might sneak a draw, especially when Rooney had a great chance to draw us level not long after, but another slack piece of defending from DZ cost us a third goal and with that the game.

County didn't have many chances but they passed and moved the ball well, defended well enough. I say well enough because we never really tested their defence for most of the game. It was certainly the easiest three points they will get in a while. Djebi Zadi makes me sad :(

Our support was diabolical at home again but I can honestly say that I could barely hear the County fans for most of the game. They made more noise when their team was warming up. The train back to Aberdeen was fun with the 3 County fans I travelled through with! :(

poor against Ayr good against Dunfermline

Ayr i agree but Dunfermline was luck. Could have went anyway

sub standared V's Mo, picked up for Annon, pish next game... picked up, pish this week..... not looking good for our get up quick... im thinking stay up slow...

I dont care what anyone says......we should be sitting with two home league wins under our belt as we speak. I can accept a draw...or even a defeat away to Dundee...but i cannot accpet this level of home display.

Im with you there big yin!!

A disgrace!

I don't think any player gets pass marks the day. It was like a return to the dark days under brewster's management. A derby match ???? FFS did anyone tell the players that? Why weren't they up for it? Are these new signings here to play for the jersey or are they just here cos Butcher's here? The team's got no bottle at all!!

Oh, and did anybody else think that the best entertainment today was the kids match at half-time? They showed more inventiveness and technical ability than any of the 'professional' players! They even managed a few shots at goal!!

Who were the Inverness Caledonian Thistle youths playing the day?

Can't be bothered reading through all the stuff tonight.........I blame Scotty, but we were pathetic in the first half and almost bearable in the second.

All credit to Ross County who, to be honest, looked like scoring every time they went forward, and but for an incredible Lionel block would have dedservedly gone in at half time two goals ahead. Unfortunately that was to be the last positive input from Lionel as he ended up being the subject of the boo boys after a serious of schoolboy errors. The disappointing thing though, is he was not alone as Bully, Proctor, Coxy, Sanchez, Stratford, in all honesty anyone in an ICT shirt played *****. I am struggling to find a way forward after the most humiliating afternoon of my life...................thaks Terry, you have to shoulder the blame, while Mr Brewster must be laughing all the way to the bank.

No hard feelings from me to the gudgies, they were superior in every department today, so well done to them, Terry and his superstars can hang their heads in shame.

Sanchez, Stratford, Foran, Lionel, Proctor, Eagle, Bulvitis, Coxy, hang yer heads in shame, only Hayes Grantie and Esson deserve any credit for this shambles, although some may have blighted their copybook by gesturing to the unhappy bunnies in the Stand.

To the bank I doubt it, but he will be laughing !

Not at the victory but certainly at the lack of BELIEF

You lot were woeful today, the easiest three points we have claimed in a long time, now that you have been given a sharp dose of reality, it's time for you lot to realise this league is not going to be easy. If you continue to play the way you did today, then you are in danger of being relegated never mind bouncing back up!

So the "easy 12 points" that you were going to get from playing us, can no longer be counted on, so you had better look for points elsewhere.

You got what you deserved for all of your arrogant and vitriolic abuse on this and other forums, to coin a favourite phrase of yours GIRFUY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let it all out Specky mate, all your bitterness, let it out now! Enjoy your night. You must be traumatised after 15 years of ICT pishing all over Dingwall FC :lol::cheer01: :cheer01: :cheer01:

To buck then trend of County fans taking the ****, my I remember you all that St Johnstone won the title last season after drawing about 14 games, and while County narrowly avoided 9th place, we finished with the same points as the team in 5th, 4 points off 3rd place and 8 points of 2nd place.

It's a tight league where any team can gain points and drop points, more teams will drop points latter on this season all is not lost.......and toose to Ross County is no reason to drop Lionel really, what a player :lol::cheer01:

at least come up with a decent insult!!!!!! :lol:

We've being in the SPL use havnt :cheer01:

You aint in the SPL now, welcome back to Division one ! And by if todays display is anything to go by it will be a long time before you get back.

Reading the the comments on this forum by your own fans no-one is in much doubt that today you were outclassed and played off the park by a much superior County side, an easy 3 points for us today!

Your side were missing for all of the first half and most of the second and your fans were missing for the last 15 minutes!

C'mon the Staggies ! Looking forward to meeting you in Dingwall for more of the same !

Another famous and well deserved victory for the Gypos !

Not much left for me to slag after todays inept performance but I might as well add my twopence worth.

Esson still not sure about him :024:

Proctor good squad player but will get the chop now that Tokely is available :cheer01:

Bulvitus looks like he can be a useful defender :022:

Munro much improved from last season and probably our most consistent player :021:

Lionel is murder and has to be rested :33: :clown2:

Cox looks like he will be a good replacement for Black once he adjusts to the pace of Scottish footie :lol:

Stratford Looks lightweight and has to work out which way we are shooting. Today he passed backwards 9 times out of 10, no correct that make it 19 out of 20 :cheer01:

Eagle is still young and hopefully will improve we should give him time to fit in :splat01:

Hayes has a lot of pace and and a some nice tricks but like Cox he is still not used to the Scottish game :cheer01:

Sanchez needs a kick up the a#s to get more out of him. Skillful but lazy :lol: :whip01:

Foran Looked better last season playing on touchline but has been pushed up front because of our lack of a striker :pain10:

Onwards and upwords please

once again butcher comes out and says the right thing.

He might say the right thing but he's not the one on the pitch playing. What can he and MM do to give them team more believe to go on and win games?

Surely that's where the coaching part of his cotract comes in.. Him and Malpas have the responsibility to coach the players how to play.

Without trying to sound s though I'm gloating too much, the biggest difference today was that County played football, while Caley just lumped long balls. This was especially in the first half and it clearly didn't work for Caley.

Second half and Caley played a bit more int he way of a passing game, and you actually put County under a bit of pressure, scored a goal, had one off the line.. But then for some reason reverted back to the long ball game.

As for Butcher, he did well while at Motherwell, but he was a disaster at his other two managerial jobs..

BTW.. What a bargin getting Vigurs on a free..

Guest SPECKY

You lot were woeful today, the easiest three points we have claimed in a long time, now that you have been given a sharp dose of reality, it's time for you lot to realise this league is not going to be easy. If you continue to play the way you did today, then you are in danger of being relegated never mind bouncing back up!

So the "easy 12 points" that you were going to get from playing us, can no longer be counted on, so you had better look for points elsewhere.

You got what you deserved for all of your arrogant and vitriolic abuse on this and other forums, to coin a favourite phrase of yours GIRFUY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let it all out Specky mate, all your bitterness, let it out now! Enjoy your night. You must be traumatised after 15 years of ICT pishing all over Dingwall FC :lol::cheer01: :cheer01: :cheer01:

Thank you, I am thoroughly enjoying my evening and I'm not bitter at all, I'm actually enjoying this round of fishing because I am getting some great bites!

Edited by The Mantis
You've crossed the line - keep away from personal insults, censored or otherwise. For the record, there is no member called 'Sandy Cromarty'

Guest SPECKY

Specky we know our forum is so much better than yours (I know I've checked) but feck off back to where you came from eh

Why? this one is so much more fun!

Guest SPECKY

lionel was county best player

I have an idea for you pal, lose some weight and you might get a few more fans into the seats you take up!

Ohhhhh bet that really offends him, think you will find our end was basically filled bar one section. Your support was just embarrasing for an 'SPL' club :lol:

More like a few sections. We're a 1st division club not a SPL club, dont know why you thought that

Could it be the fact that the tickets still had the Clydesdale Bank Premier League logo on them?

Are you that skint after, lashing out all your funds on your tremendously talented squad, you could not afford to throw away all the blank excess tickets that nobody bothered buying for your last season? Or is it you are environmentally friendly because you already play on a landfill site?

I know, that's a lot of questions but take your time!

Guest SPECKY

Or is it you are environmentally friendly because you already play on a landfill site?

Quality oxymoron there.

There's no need for language like that, please use words I can understand