FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Our Defence

northstandfan

Well there you have it . Another flair personality down the tubes.

Sigh!

No wonder the footie at Tulloch is boring, or so I am led to believe.

By the way , have I missed something? I thought the the word Tulloch as in Tulloch Stadium was about to be replaced by "The Jock MacDonald Stadium". Has this change been vetored by the Management for some reason ?

Well there you have it . Another flair personality down the tubes.

Sigh!

No wonder the footie at Tulloch is boring, or so I am led to believe.

By the way , have I missed something? I thought the the word Tulloch as in Tulloch Stadium was about to be replaced by "The Jock MacDonald Stadium". Has this change been vetored by the Management for some reason ?

Not that i know of. They made the main stand "The Jock MacDonald Stand" so i dont think there will be a change in stadium name.

I also admit we were wrong to boo Lionel. We shouldnt have done it. Heat of the moment thing.

Edited by DornochCaley

Not that i know of. They made the main stand "The Jock MacDonald Stand" so i dont think there will be a change in stadium name.

I also admit we were wrong to boo Lionel. We shouldnt have done it. Heat of the moment thing.

You have just gone away up in my estimation.

It takes a BIG guy to put that in print!

Although wasn't he keen to stay with us?

Not in the SFL no. In the SPL yes. But he wanted to get intot he national team and he didn't see that happening playing in the 1st Division.

We couldn't afford to keep him on anyway.

You have just gone away up in my estimation.

It takes a BIG guy to put that in print!

Agreed.

I reckon a change if defensive formation could help.

maybe 3- 2 (wing backs) -2- 3

say -

Proctor - Munro - Golly

Tokely Zadi

Cox - Duncan

Hayes - Sanchez - Foran

Golly is a touch slow for getting up and down the line but reliable and can drift out to cover any holes on the left. He can also defend. Proctor may not be the greatest centre half but he too can play there and would be able to drift across when Tokely bombs forward. Either that or play Bulivits there.

Cox and Duncan would sit in the middle. Under the cosh our two wide forwards can drift back to help out.

Hayes could pull into the right leaving two men up also and go 4-4-2 at points. Or either he or Foran could drop off the main strikers when our wing backs go forward allowing space for crosses and cut backs etc.

I'd want Toke and Zadi to get forward at any opportunity to terrorise the full backs. I'd be a little nervous about two 6 ft plus guys charging at me.

It's not a perfect plan but i'm not long of the night shift and heading to bed. But I reckon it would plug the gaps up without taking away and even adding a little attacking impotus.