FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Jason Scotland

Johnboy

Just watched him pick up the MoM for Wigan against Man City on Sky TV...Fantastic player.

Was there talk of him coming to ICT a couple of seasons ago when he was at St Johnstone, or did I just dream that?

Edited by Johnboy

Just watched him pick up the MoM for Wigan against Man City on Sky TV...Fantastic player.

Was there talk of him coming to ICT a couple of seasons ago when he was at St Johnstone, or did I just dream that?

I remember hearing something about that. Was steven milne no linked with us at the same time scotland was?

Edited by WYNESS101

I don't recall us being seriously linked with him, but plenty of people said he would be a good signing. Anyway, he went to Swansea, and it's hard to imagine we would have had a look in with competition like that.

Works permits are mysterious things. I do recall that at the time he was refused one by the SPL, he was rarely getting a start for Dundee Utd at a time when they were near the bottom of the league. So if he wasn't good enough for a crap team, you can understand the decision. But then he got one no probs at all for St J. :blink:

Charlie Christie was after him when Dargo left but i think Hibs and teams down south were in for him at the time so it was a no brainer.

I remember when the poor guy was refused his new work permit. I think he has shown the comittee they were wrong.

I know this is a bit off topic, but I was thinking about this the other day and couldn't remember right. Weren't ICT linked with Michael Mols at one point? I think it might have been about 2005 ish, a bit after he'd left Rangers.

Edited by Renegade

I remember when the poor guy was refused his new work permit. I think he has shown the comittee they were wrong.

I think it shows how badly Dundee United handled him. It seemed clear to me at the time, the lad had talent and I was always surprised he so rarely got a game. I don't think the committee can say "we'll give you a permit even though you obviously don't think he's good enough for your club"

I know this is a bit off topic, but I was thinking about this the other day and couldn't remember right. Weren't ICT linked with Michael Mols at one point? I think it might have been about 2005 ish, a bit after he'd left Rangers.

Seems to ring a bell, he was looking for a "Pay per Play" type deal or something and we were one of the clubs that he was linked with.