FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dods

big man

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Harry the sums offered for Dods and Proctor reflect their potential, Dods at 31 and nearing the end of his career and Proctor at 21, who, if I'm proved right, will go on to much bigger clubs and probably net DU a lot of money hence my reasoning that he was undervalued.

Have to disagree a bit here. Down south players like Dods still command a good fee. Can you imagine Hearts being offered £40,000 for Pressley or Aberdeen £40,000 for Anderson? £35,000 is the biggest insult Darren Dods will get in his entire career. One place up the SPL is worth nearly £60,000 and I strongly suspect that Ritchie and Fernandez will bank substantial sums compensation. Dods is a first class professional who deserved to be treated as such by his intended suitors not as a pawn or a piece of property in a bitter divorce. On Grampian tonight it said it was Brewsters final offer. Thank goodness for that.

Not sure if I agree either Sandy - when I saw the headline on the BBC sports page that DU up offer and then saw new offer had gone up £10K to £35K couldn't believe like others that they had originally bid £25K for one of last season's top performers in the SPL.  Irrespective of age (only 31) and less than a year left on his contract this is taking the preverbial 'Michael'.  

A figure in the region of £35K for a player who played so well last season is unbelievable in my opinion especially considering some of the prices being banded around for players south of the border.  In my opinion £100K would be an acceptable price and there is no way DU or any other SPL club will pay that.

Anyway as the club said he is not going anywhere - especially not for £35K :017:

Dods' agent has apparently told Radio Scotland that he plans to sit down with the ICT board on Monday to resolve the impasse.

What is there to dicuss?? He has been told we aren't going to sell him so he has to see out his contract. Simple.

If Russell Latapy is still haring around the pitch at age 38 or so and commanding the play all over the park then why on earth will Mr Dods not be able to maintain his fitness level and command  his turf just as well in the future?

The bottom line is that 25K or 35K is a very speculative but rather insulting figure for  him based on his performance of last season and it may be "nothing personal , only business ", for D.U but I could not imagine ICT will give such an offer anything  more than an irritated sniff.  Money must be really tight at Tannadice !

Whew! 35K ?.................... :015:

Guest cantbeatus

Hamish might as well be a United fan for all he contributes to this forum  :015:

And Cantbeatanyone, don't you read the newspapers? Don't you know what's going on in your own city? And you come on here, pretending to be well informed, when you don't even know the score of your last match with Dundee (which they won btw).  :015:

Sorry , i'm not sure what methadone at schools in any city has to do with Dods or why you felt the

need to show yourself up as a bit of a clown.

I was at the game so i know the score, it was a friendly, meaningless as has been proved by how they

have done when it has come to the real deal, we won the last derby that mattered, the relegation derby at dens in 2005, i was

in the inverness crowd at dens a couple weeks later when you equalised late on(your lot sung that silly song to the

yellow submarine :015: and were worshipping Brew,how things change haha)...then was up at your own place the

week later going off my head as Dundee were relegated while we were scoring that dodgy pen(we were due one though, remember juanjo at Tannadice your first game there in the SPL)...good times.

Guest Sandy Cromarty

'Dods' agent has apparently told Radio Scotland that he plans to sit down with the ICT board on Monday to resolve the impasse.'

The power that football agents have is awesome? so our board are being called to an extraordinary meeting by a second rate wannebee (failed player) agent , champagne ideas and lemonade pockets springs to mind.

Do yersel a favour Doddsy and dump this clown.

'Dods' agent has apparently told Radio Scotland that he plans to sit down with the ICT board on Monday to resolve the impasse.'

what impasse ? ..... Rival club bids for player, bid is laughable, bid denied (repeat a number of times). player eventually asks for transfer but is in contract till end of season. transfer denied. player assures club he will see out his contract. end of story.

We should take serious legal advice here. If Dods is forced out by the lure of Dundee United we could for instance get relegated and lose a fortune. The cause in law might be deemed to have been caused by incessant harrassment from a third party i.e. Dundee United plc.  The learned Court finds that it was 50% to blame and Dundee United are forced to pay Compensation of 50% X £1,500,000 per year for each year ICT fail to reach the SPL given a 4 year depreciation on Dods worth (He may be able to leave in one year but our business planning assumes we have him for one year and then have to replace him. Under the Companies Acts this type of behaviour would be scorned on by the courts).

If Bosman can do it so can we. Dundee United must surely be setting a precedent here. After suing Dundee United we should sue the Agent for inducement to breach a contract and set a precedent there where agents roles are restricted in future to realistic protection for their client in negotiations not downright conflict creation to force a fracture.

The initial feckin bids - as I have already feckin told yas - were fer Black and Proctor - after that there were combination bids - The ludicrous low bid fer Dods started at 30K when I believe that there were kitchen appliances involved and somebody from Dungdee was reading the tea cups. It will end up at 50K which is just under what ICT quoted in the first place.

And I would rather sell Dods than Mee. She is priceless.  :023:

I can exclusively reveal that negotiations for extending Mee's contract are in some doubt, thanks mainly to her questionable disciplinary record....  Fortunately (for her) various other parties are interested in securing her services....

I can only hope & pray that some kind of deal can be struck that would allow both Dods & Mee to remain at ICT. I can also exclusively reveal that Mee is most unlikely to finish her playing career in the Dundee area..... :004:

Dods is after a 4 year contract - I say we give him 2 years playing contract with an option to extend for a further 2 years either as a player (if he still has it in him) or as a coach.  He has a lot to offer ICT both on and off the pitch IMO, and is a great roll model for the younger guys.

He gave an interview to Setanta today about his future and indicated that he & CC are on very good terms and that he is contracted to stay here till the end of the season....

I thought he played well today too......

He gave an interview on Setanta today and made it quite clear that he wanted to go back down South AS SOON AS POSSIBLE but would stay if he had to. He also clarified that he was going to have further talks on Monday and that he mentioned specifically that the Arabs were interested.

I am reliably informed that he will be gone before the end of the month. He has said that he wants to leave and wants to leave as soon as possible. He has been the Machine cult figure fer the last 18 monthsand one of my personal heroes but, given his recent comments, he should not be captain of the club. IMHO he should not be playing.