FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dods

big man

Guest Arabest

How do you feel as fans now knowing the reasons why he wants a move?  Now that these reasons have been made public surely ICT will allow him to move.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you feel as fans now knowing the reasons why he wants a move?  Now that these reasons have been made public surely ICT will allow him to move.

Why the obsession with signing ICT players..? Do you really think any of them would transform your pathetic team? Proctor came on as a sub for you on Saturday and did feck all.....just like he used to do here.. :015:

Go & look somewhere else.... there must be somebody, somewhere that would consider a move to Slumdee....

:016: :016:

Guest Arabest

Why the obsession with signing ICT players..? Do you really think any of them would transform your pathetic team? Proctor came on as a sub for you on Saturday and did feck all.....just like he used to do here.. :015:

Go & look somewhere else.... there must be somebody, somewhere that would consider a move to Slumdee....

:016: :016:

:clapping04: - Very good!

No!

We're offering Dods first team football and all we are asking is that he fullfill his contract. I think Webster has a case because he can prove he was a first team regular before he put in his transfer request and has now been denied first team football and a transfer anywhere

Dods' situation is a completely different scenario to Webster's. As HC says, he hasnt been relegated to the sidelines after his request - he was still in the team, and still captained the side.

I am happy to eat humble pie and admit I was wrong about his motivation (on the field). I am still unhappy about the public nature of the request and as a supporter of the club, probably biased because I dont want our good players to ever 'want-away' but I think most of those who were at the game on Saturday or like me had to make do with internet radio couldnt argue that he had a good game and was giving full effort.

Maybe his performances over the previous weeks gave some credence to the idea that he wasnt giving his all - although not renowned for his consistency at other clubs he has been immense since he joined ICT and the uncharacteristic errors in his last two games were a little disheartening ....

Guest Arabest

I believe the deal with Webster is that he can move for however much the final year of his contract is worth to a club outside of Scotland.  Therefore Dods couldnt do that.

Although there is nothing against him reporting ICT to the players union for retaining him against his wishes (although he happily signed his contract).  He could cite family matters as the reason for his move.  Dods has openly admitted that he hopes to move before the transfer window and that he has no desire to stay.

We're doing him a favour by turning down his transfer request. If he hangs on with us and continues to play well  then maybe a truly big club will come in for him, rather than letting him go to United for whatever paltry amount of money they think he's worth. There's no guarantee Brewster will still be in charge of United at the end of the season anyway, and then where will he be? Warming the bench for a First Division club again?

I'd much prefer it if Dods just told the truth and said he wanted to move purley for financial reasons. At the stage of his career no one could argue with him getting one last big contract before he retires.

'Family' reasons just doesn't wash with me - lots of people work further from home and for longer periods of time for less money.

The fact that he suddenly decides he wants to leave when he knows United are interested makes it rather transparent. Would he still want away if there was no other club interested!!

Guest Arabest

We're doing him a favour by turning down his transfer request. If he hangs on with us and continues to play well  then maybe a truly big club will come in for him, rather than letting him go to United for whatever paltry amount of money they think he's worth. There's no guarantee Brewster will still be in charge of United at the end of the season anyway, and then where will he be? Warming the bench for a First Division club again?

Come on Mee, I thought the schools started back today!  Lets be adult and realistic here, at least Kencar gave a valid opinion.  Dods may be after a final meal ticket, who knows.  But that meal ticket wont come from Tannadice.

Come on Mee, I thought the schools started back today!  Lets be adult and realistic here, at least Kencar gave a valid opinion.  Dods may be after a final meal ticket, who knows.  But that meal ticket wont come from Tannadice.

Well what are you doing still posting on an ICT forum then????

Is it because no one else will speak to you??? :009:

Long time since I've been at school but at least Highjland schools don't give out free methadone to primary schoolkids. That might explain your delusions about United being a big club though  :015:

Dods is a decent player but mid-table in the SPL is as good as it gets for him at 31, unless his agent is fixing up an English club for him.

So a 2-3 year deal at yinitit IS a meal ticket. Say he trebles his wage (but not his win bonuses  :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:) and gets a signing on fee from the grocer. That's not bad.

Guest Arabest

Well what are you doing still posting on an ICT forum then????

Is it because no one else will speak to you??? :009:

I like it, original I will most definately give you that! :clapping04:

The days of big wages at Dundee United are gone though, so unless ICT really do pay a pittance, that meal ticket will NOT come from Dundee United. 

I dont think we really know what the minutiae of the ICT wage structure is - and personally, I dont really want to as some things should be private between employer and employee.

One thing we do know from comments in the press last season is that ICT continue to pay a fairly small basic wage (by SPL standards) but with good bonuses for achieving results. I have heard various rumours of the ICT wage being anywhere in the range from 500 p/w to 1000 p/w for first team players and most players probably fit in there somewhere - although the 500 figure has been doing the rounds since we were in division 1 so who knows ..

I think that as a club we have got it right - pay a decent basic wage - not massive, but still decent - but also give the players very good bonuses for achievement. no-one can argue that our players have 'achieved' in the last couple of seasons so maybe other teams should look at the way we do it instead of harping on about the size of their pay packets ..... PERFORMANCE RELATED PAY in other words !!!

A player on 1k per week 'achieving' a good finish in the SPL with ICT and receiving a share of the SPL prize money which increases a fair bit depending on which place the team finishes in, can probably earn more than a player on higher wages elsewhere if that team has a less attractive bonus scheme .......... 

Guest cantbeatus

Long time since I've been at school but at least Highjland schools don't give out free methadone to primary schoolkids. That might explain your delusions about United being a big club though  :015:

Wow you are a bitter one!  :006: :016:

No United fan thinks we are a big club, only two of those in Scotland.  :007:

In Scotland terms we are the 6th sized....bigger than wee ict anyway.  :003:

Don't you mean bigger debt than ICT?

I think its funny you think I'm bitter, bitter about what exactly? We sold you an old crocked striker would often missed an open goal and a manager who almost ruined the way we play, couldn't use subs and would never sub himself - for over £150 000 profit on what we paid for him.  Thats hilarious, not seeing anything to be bitter about there  :003:

Guest cantbeatus

Don't you mean bigger debt than ICT?

I think its funny you think I'm bitter, bitter about what exactly? We sold you an old crocked striker would often missed an open goal and a manager who almost ruined the way we play, couldn't use subs and would never sub himself - for over £150 000 profit on what we paid for him.  Thats hilarious, not seeing anything to be bitter about there  :003:

Well you come across as a bitter person and a bit of a tit, i bet even ict fans are cringing at you, methadone at schools, whats all that about? any need in that?

Dods (with one d) wants away to start a family and settle in Edinburgh!!!!!!

Dods will not renew his contract because ICT will not meet his demand for a 4year deal and the promise of a coaching role at the end of it!!!!!!!

Both those statements have a connection. With the long term deal and the promise of some stability he would likely have given up his Edinburgh home and settled in Inverness. However, the board were not prepared to meet that request for whatever reason. The guy is getting on a bit and looking to secure the sort of stability required to start a family and nobody has any right to slander him for that. His request for a transfer was turned down because he is vital to our cause at the moment. Darren has accepted the decision and has committed to giving us 100% effort as long as he's with us. Who knows, if Darren and ICT meet or exceed their expectations and goals this season then the board may reward his efforts with the contract he desires. Meanwhile lets stop giving opposition fans ammunition to hurl abuse and give Darren the support he deserves.