FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dods

big man

He gave an interview to Setanta today about his future and indicated that he & CC are on very good terms and that he is contracted to stay here till the end of the season....

I thought he played well today too......

He gave an interview on Setanta today and made it quite clear that he wanted to go back down South AS SOON AS POSSIBLE but would stay if he had to. He also clarified that he was going to have further talks on Monday and that he mentioned specifically that the Arabs were interested.

Confession Time... I was getting myself a tinnie just prior to the start of the game.... Mrs Johnboy actually saw the interview and the above is what she relayed to me. I must admit it doesn't sound too good now....

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand his personal reasons for wanting to go nearer home, but the money has got to be the issue.  If you were offered 2 or 3 times your salary for doing the same job would you want to take it. 

CaleyD dods is after more money with the arabs, not nessesarily a 4-year contract, plus he wants to be closer to home.Funny how he's only been unsettled since the interest from brewster eh :006:

I have it from a reliable source that Dods has told ICT if they give him 4 years (3 year extension) he will happily remain and relocate up hear on a permanent basis - so it's not ALL about the money.

Guest Sandy Cromarty

If, as LG says, that the move would mean a basic salary increase of 2-3 times what we are paying then I can't blame the lad, he is a professsional and is entitled to ply his trade to the highest bidder, we do it and have no qualms, mind you I've seen mesel pitching up in the oddest of places because of it.

It's all very well having the club management going on about our financial well being and all respect and plaudits to them for acheiving it, I would be the last for it to be otherwise but truth be told we will always lose key players because of our stringent wage set up, I don't think the players like being reminded in the press that we have the lowest base salary structure in the SPL.

Some of you may remember during our early 1st Division days when in one week we lost Davide Xausa, Barry Wilson and Mark McCulloch to Livingston simply because they were paying a base of £1200 pw to our £400-£500. As Charlie said on the radio the other day he failed to get a player last week due to our geographical location, with that and our wages we will always struggle to entice good players to ICT and also we will always lose players because of it.

Fair points but there is nothing wrong in balancing the books.

Some clubs have existed by selling players but achieving little. If an extra few 100 had made it to the Celtic game and likewise St Mirren or Hibernian that might have generated say

150 x £18 x 3 = £8,100. Split that between 20 players and management = £400 extra per month. Not much but a step in the direction of building the club upwards.

Our problem is generating more interest from an area with diverse interests. On Sunday it was good to see a minibus from Forres supporting us. Without detracting from the support we get, there are many more businesses who could invest £300 per year in a company season ticket (s) for staff or guests and in a small way invest in their community.

On Sunday it was a privilege to see one of the top 10 teams in Britain play us in our stadium in a competitive match. It was also a worry to think that if we had lost the game we might have slipped back into the mire of relegation and 1,000s might in future have lost the chance to witness such a game. We are clearly working hard to shake off 'Brewstergate' and get back to normal. Until more people change their habits and invest a little in the club it is understandable that those who have acted as guarantors will not create the kind of mess that is Tannadice.

No one man should have to forfeit a fortune to support his City. It is perhaps time more people found ways to invest in ICT and create a healthier trading account where the players, management and backroom staff are rewarded and the club sustains its ability to pay its way. Inverness and the Highlands would be richer for this.

Fair points but there is nothing wrong in balancing the books.

Our problem is generating more interest from an area with diverse interests. On Sunday it was good to see a minibus from Forres supporting us. Without detracting from the support we get, there are many more businesses who could invest £300 per year in a company season ticket (s) for staff or guests and in a small way invest in their community.

The forres branch of the supporters club have been running for a while now and run buses to all home games.  It is indeed encouraging to see them make the effort.  Recently there have been fans from the Caithness area trying to organise something similar.

I still think we would make more money at the gate if we reduced our prices.  Hearts tickets this coming weekend are £15 and £10, quite a bit more affordable for a family than our prices.  Lower prices - bigger crowds - better atmosphere - more money.  Seems simple to me.

Anyway back to Dods.  I don't mind him moving nearer home, but Dundee Utd is a really risky move for anyone at the moment.  Brewster can't buy a win, so how much longer will he be their manager????  Then what happens to the players he brings in??

Think I might prefer a little job security even if it is at a lower rate of pay.

Guest ICtinAngus

I get ticked off when people state that they would never move to Inverness cause of its geographical position.  That is just simply outdated nonsence.  Bingham used that excuse and then went to Gretna!!!!!!!!!!

Ok the A9 and the Aberdeen road are not fully dualled but Inverness is hardly on the Moon.

Funny that Dods was happy to travel after even St Johnstone didn't want him and he could find no other team willing to take him on, though.  A fact  ithink already mentioned here earlier.

Just because you play the game doesn't mean you will be a good coach. If he wants to be a coach, has he taken the time to sit his coaching qualifications during the close season? The club would then need to take opinion from his assessors as to his ability as a coach before they commit to such a contract.

I think Dods is quite a role model within the team and I would think he has the makings of a good coach.  He could work a bit like Barry does at the moment, helping with the reserve team while working for his badges. 

I would like something settled one way or the other soon.  It's getting very boring now.

I am reliably informed that he will be gone before the end of the month. He has said that he wants to leave and wants to leave as soon as possible. He has been the Machine cult figure fer the last 18 monthsand one of my personal heroes but, given his recent comments, he should not be captain of the club. IMHO he should not be playing.

So how did the talks between Dods & ICT go on Monday, oh Wise One?  Will he still be off by the end of the month?

Pray tell us ill informed mortals......

:003:  :003:

It is heartening to see so many people saying what I said a couple of months ago. Is that rite Kencar and RIG.  :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

Indeed. It's abit like TKE starting the Brewster to United rumours about 4 - 5 weeks before he went and claimed he was first in the know thanks to a 'source'.

Still if it makes you feel better then I'm happy for you  :003:

I am reliably informed that he will be gone before the end of the month. He has said that he wants to leave and wants to leave as soon as possible. He has been the Machine cult figure fer the last 18 monthsand one of my personal heroes but, given his recent comments, he should not be captain of the club. IMHO he should not be playing.

Getting very near the end of the month IHE....  Maybe time to consider changing tea brands....

Twinings have a new one out called "Pure Rooibos" ..... :015: :015: :015:

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

Dods has been one of our best bargain signings of all time and has consistantly performed at a high level for us. If Brew'stirrer is willing to treble his wages, then good for him. He wouldn't be 'doing the dirty' on us to leave.

It's been touted that Bobby Mann has been lined up as a possible replacement.  :004:

' It's been touted that Bobby Mann has been lined up as a possible replacement'

Who touted?  Adolf... Napolean.. the Brahan seer? ....

Bobby left to be with his family in Dundee HE WILL NOT RETURN