FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ayr Utd -V- ICT : Matchday Thread

Scotty

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably what we were expecting this season -against the smaller teams anyway, but this is the start of a good run for ICT with this batch of games against the bottom three and the gyp's.

I was talking last week with another fan and we did think that it was going to click soon and we would give someone a tanking!

What a great way to kick off my season!

The atmosphere in the stand (terracing not opened for us) was excellent. 90 minutes of singing and the players responded well.

Aside from Esson's howler giving the ball away to the Ayr striker for a an easy stroke home it was decent or excellent performances from back to front.

Tokely's yellow was late and ugly and deserved but you know I think it made him think more about what he was doing for the rest of the game.

Golly was superb as was Duncan, who anchored the midfield well. Foran and especially Rooney was hungry for it today and bothered the Ayr defence senseless.

Imrie ran his heart out and got some great support from the stand. Proctor was solid.

Their keeper was guff but he wasn't being helped by a shaky defence.

Conditions were greasy and a bit of a lottery at times but of 2 average teams on display it was ICT that mastered the conditions better.

Once again, I should say the players visibly responded to the positive support from the stand. It's not rocket science, get it sorted at home fer feck's sake!

great result BUT.....am not about to start creaming myself until a little consistency comes into the team form. But well done today, hopefully it can be the starting point for better things

Obviously Richie Foran's day, but great to see Rooney getting on the score sheet.

This could do his confidence the world of good.

That kings of leon song sex is on fire is running round in my head but Foran's on Fire is what im hearing.... :005: :023:

Looks very like Butcher's been taking some of renegade's suggestions on board

Esson

Tokely, Bulvitus, Munro, Golabek

Proctor, Duncan

Imrie, Sanches, Foran,

Rooney

Very attack minded. The way it should be at home.

Another thing of note is it's good to see Barrowman back in the line-up.

Edited by Alex MacLeod

Once again, I should say the players visibly responded to the positive support from the stand. It's not rocket science, get it sorted at home fer feck's sake!

The "wide open space" feel to our stadium makes generating a decent atmosphere pretty difficult. We'd probably do better if we played the rest of our home games at Grant Street.

Esson

Proctor, Duncan

Imrie, Sanches, Foran,

Rooney

Aint it interesting that I get slaughtered from some of my suggestions and views on here, but get proven right time and again. I reckon it's time this site started making "Renegade was Right" T-Shirts, they'd be sold out in no time! :005:

Esson

Proctor, Duncan

Imrie, Sanches, Foran,

Rooney

Aint it interesting that I get slaughtered from some of my suggestions and views on here, but get proven right time and again. I reckon it's time this site started making "Renegade was Right" T-Shirts, they'd be sold out in no time! :005:

But this was your team for today, Renegade!

-----------------------------------------------Esson------------------------------------------------

---Tokely------------------Bulvitis-------------------------Munro------------------Djebi-Zadi---

-----------------Cox-------------------------McBain-------------------Hayes*--------------------

-------------Barrowman---------------------Foran---------------------Imrie---------------------

I think IHE came very close to picking today's team, but please.... don't tell him that!

Loads of decent songs today and we even sang 'Ayr Ayr super Ayr' to help out the home support when it was 4-1.

Best laugh for me was KingBeastie:

"Our home support is wonderful

Our home support is wonderful

It's got a pipe and a crossword

Our home support is wonderful" (or something like that).

Even Russeldinho got a chant today when he got subbed late on :005:

Loads of decent songs today and we even sang 'Ayr Ayr super Ayr' to help out the home support when it was 4-1.

Best laugh for me was KingBeastie:

"Our home support is wonderful

Our home support is wonderful

It's got a pipe and a crossword

Our home support is wonderful" (or something like that).

Even Russeldinho got a chant today when he got subbed late on :005:

how big was our support today Mantis?

The atmosphere in the stand (terracing not opened for us) was excellent.

How many fans would you say were there? (our fans)

150-200 (+2 Ayr methadonians who thought it would be a right good laugh to sit in the middle of our section then stand up at 1-4 and proclaim how marvellous Ayr FC was. Huckled and a prize for knobs of the day).

Imagine the positive vibes 1500 could give at TCS.