FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Airdrie United

Renegade

Hayes replacing Imrie

Apart from that same team since we dont have anybody to replace Bulvitis

But we cant keep on picking him for the sake of not having another CB. There are other players that can play CB. If he stays in for Saturday i can see us losing badly to Airdrie

Given they are bottom of the league then I'd like to think we wouldn't get humped. Granted though, he ain't good enough at centre half. We need to have a good look in January.

As for McBain, it does seem strange to give him a new 1 year deal in the summer and not play him. Especially given his experience and energy levels would probably be quite handy right now. It might have been just as well giving Vigurs a new deal if we are not going to play him.

But team would be:

- Esson -

Tokely - Munro - Golly - Shinnie

Proctor - McBain

Hayes - Sanchez - Foran

- Rooney -

Bench : Allison; Bully, Cox, Ross/Imrie, Odiambho

I know Shinnie is untried at this level but I think moving the stable Golabek inside with Granty, as well as Tokely should stable the ship. And how else will he get tried out at any level without playing. Besides anything has got to be better than lionel the bomb....scare!

Might be worth having Ross on the bench and dropping out Imrie. I agree with earlier posts. (possibly in other threads) He's far to selfish and is all about his out personal glory at times. And I think McBain is a better player than Duncan.

Tokely is great for us, but he is hardly the most stable player in the world, if he gets up and we loss the ball then we have 3 defenders, 2 if Golly is up aswell! He can't get back! I still think he is a great RB for us, but compared to last season, he is needing to buck up his ideas and get moving, or not so as the case may be!

Edited by cookiemonster

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

------------------Esson------------------

-----Tokley------Munro--------Golly------

-------------Cox------Proctor------------

Imre-------------------------------Hayes

---------------Sanchez------------------

-----------Foran------Rooney------------

I dont see the point in playing Bulvitus as he costs us goals, So if we play 3 at the back and 2 men covering the back line we should be fine. There is defo enough attacking players in that team to score a few goals!

Edited by DornochCaley

-------------Esson-------------

Tokely--Proctor--Munro--Golly

Hayes--Duncan--Cox--Foran

--------Rooney--Imrie-------

Okay i understand putting Proctor in at centre back is a scary thought but i think he's better than bulvitis in there and means we don't lose the attacking threat from Tokely's runs.

Guest Mahonio

Slightly off topic i know but are radio scotland providing an open all mics service tomorrow due to the scotland v wales in the football?

thanks

I would think so because FM will be doing coverage of Scotland v Fiji in Rugby and MW will have Wales v Scotland but Open all Mics is usually on BBC Radio Gaelic but to be honest i ain't sure.

I actually think at half time of the football international there will be updates from league games from Rich Gordon anyway and the commentator for the international might tell us of any goals in Scots league.

Does this help?