FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Airdrie United

Renegade

For me, there's a couple changes after the poor performance earlier -

--------------------------------------------Esson------------------------------------------------

-----------Tokely-------------------------Munro-----------------------Golabek-----------------

---------------------------------------------Cox---------------------------------------------------

---Odhiambo-------------Sanchez----------------------McBain----------------------Hayes-----

-----------------------------Foran----------------------Barrowman---------------------------------

Subs - Allison, Imrie, Rooney, Proctor, Djebi-Zadi

Edited by Renegade

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-------------------------------------Esson------------------------------------------------

-----------Tokely--------------------Munro-----------------------Golabek-----------------

--------------------------------------Cox-------------------------------------------------

---Odhiambo------------Sanchez----------------McBain----------------------Hayes--------

-------------------------Foran-----------------Barrowman---------------------------------

EH?

Why is Rooney dropped?

Personally because a good performance might build some confidence id play Djebi-Zadi at LB

--------------------------------Esson--------------------------------------

-----Tokely----------Munro--------------Golabek----------------LDZ

-----------------Hayes--------------McBain----------------------Imrie

--------------------Odhiambo--------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------Foran-----------------

-------------------------------Rooney------------------------------------

Subs:Allison,Bulvitus,Proctor,Duncan,Sanchez

--------------------------------------------Esson------------------------------------------------

-----------Tokely-------------------------Munro-----------------------Golabek-----------------

---------------------------------------------Cox---------------------------------------------------

---Odhiambo-------------Sanchez----------------------McBain----------------------Hayes-----

-----------------------------Foran----------------------Barrowman---------------------------------

Sanchez shouldnt be in the team thats for sure

[

-----------------Cox----------------------McBain----------------------Hayes--------------------

---------------------------------------------Sanchez----------------------------------------------

-----------------------------Rooney----------------------Imire---------------------------------

---------------------------------------------Foran-----------------------------------------------

Why drop Rooney

Esson

Tokely Bulvitis Munro Golabek

Proctor Cox

Hayes Foran Imrie

Rooney

Bully has had far too many chances and enoughs enough. I saw Jamie Duff in the ICT end today and he was shaking his head at the sheer lack of defensive ability we have just now.

Well Duff is out all season. The only other back four we could have is....

Proctor Tokely Munro Golabek

Esson

Tokely Bulvitis Munro Golabek

Proctor Cox

Hayes Foran Imrie

Rooney

Bully has had far too many chances and enoughs enough. I saw Jamie Duff in the ICT end today and he was shaking his head at the sheer lack of defensive ability we have just now.

Well Duff is out all season. The only other back four we could have is....

Proctor Tokely Munro Golabek

Tokely is no use in the centre. Golabek can play in the centre but we need a LB. Shinnie has no experience and Djebi-Zadi...well...i wont go on about that again. With Airdrie coming this weekend i would give LDZ one last chance to show something that earned him so much praise from the fans last season.

Hayes replacing Imrie

Apart from that same team since we dont have anybody to replace Bulvitis

But we cant keep on picking him for the sake of not having another CB. There are other players that can play CB. If he stays in for saturday i can see us losing badly to Airdrie

Hayes replacing Imrie

But we cant keep on picking him for the sake of not having another CB. There are other players that can play CB. If he stays in for saturday i can see us losing badly to Airdrie

I would gladly try somebody else. I dont really want to see Bulvitis in the team but on the other hand I would rather see a natural CB than a makeshift one. It could be worth testing some players to see what happens.

EDIT - Yeah Mcbain could be a good shout

Edited by jaggie1994

Hayes replacing Imrie

I would gladly try somebody else. I dont really want to see Bulvitis in the team but on the other hand I would rather see a natural CB than a makeshift one. It could be worth testing some players to see what happens.

But we only have 1 natural Cb in Munro. Bulvitus aint a Natural CB, he is a RB.

edit: if the club bothered maybe we can pick up Gary Caldwell in january(cant be worse than Bulvitus surely?)

Edited by caleykid1994

Hayes replacing Imrie

edit: if the club bothered maybe we can pick up Gary Caldwell in january(cant be worse than Bulvitus surely?)

Never knew that

Maybe Bobo Balde. He might take a pay cut

Hayes replacing Imrie

Never knew that

Or maybe DD from Dundee United as we seem to be going back and signing former players now

Hayes replacing Imrie

Never knew that

He does on FM, which is the footballing Bible :lol:

Keep with the same team but play Hayes and put Sanchez on at some point when we need some midfield creativity. Put Eric on at somepoint also as i thought he had a really good game. I do really hope that Duff is back soon as Bulvitus has cost us atleast 6 goals this season though probably more!

Esson

Cox Tokely Munro Golabek

Proctor McBain

Hayes Imrie Foran

Rooney

Bully can't go on in that position. In his few games last year, Tokely did well until the Falkirk game. Proctor was too lightweight there in the SPL and I fear he would be worse in the SFL, where physique is a bigger factor often than skill. DZ can only be played wide left in a 5-man defence, so Golly has to stay where he is. So, no other option than moving Tokely in IMHO.

McBain can at least pass the ball, allowing Proctor to do the spade work - he seems to be having a better season than either Duncan or Stratford. If it's not quite working down the right, then Cox (played at Leicester as a RB) and Proctor can switch.

I've been saying this since the end of the SPL but we're desperately lacking a passing midfielder. Plenty of wide players (Hayes, Imrie, McBain, Ross, Foran) and defensive mids (Duncan, Proctor, Cox, Stratford) but only Sanchez could possibly fill that void (and he can't really).