FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dundee -V- ICT : cup final thread

Scotty

All i can say it well done to all the lads you gave us a great day out and showed us just what football games are all about.

It would have been nice to bring the cup back - but once the 1st goal went in against us we lost our way. We sat back and let Dundee come at us. Hayes was great at getting the ball into the box just what Rooney needs - we need the same balls coming in from both sides though.

I think Sanchez went of with a injury but in saying that we did need someone in midfield. Anyway well done to everyone, including the supporters so lets get behind the team and let them hear us for the rest of the season.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:huh: :huh: :P Just want to say I was very pleased with the team on Sunday - I dont post very often on the site as sometimes I find it a bit upsetting to see all the negative stuff after a good game ( win or lose).

But I just had to come on here today and say well done and hope it spurs the team on for the rest of the season - There have been some comments on here about how bad Rooney is he does nothing etc well I think you certainly open a few eyes on Sunday keep up the hard work. Sanchez is another some have given bad comments to ( great game Sunday ) Hayes when he gets a bit fitter will be able to do the same in the second half as he done in the 1st. ( well done Johnny) And the rest of the lads take a lot of credit out of this game - now you know what you are all capable of. Forget the 2nd half and just play every game coming the same way you did against Dundee 1st half.

Well done Terry and the team you gave me a great day out.

:huh: :huh: :P Just want to say I was very pleased with the team on Sunday - I dont post very often on the site as sometimes I find it a bit upsetting to see all the negative stuff after a good game ( win or lose).

But I just had to come on here today and say well done and hope it spurs the team on for the rest of the season - There have been some comments on here about how bad Rooney is he does nothing etc well I think you certainly open a few eyes on Sunday keep up the hard work. Sanchez is another some have given bad comments to ( great game Sunday ) Hayes when he gets a bit fitter will be able to do the same in the second half as he done in the 1st. ( well done Johnny) And the rest of the lads take a lot of credit out of this game - now you know what you are all capable of. Forget the 2nd half and just play every game coming the same way you did against Dundee 1st half.

Well done Terry and the team you gave me a great day out.

Maurice?

The judge at least gave him a bit of leniency but the whole thing is ridiculous ...... 600 quid for shouting "Come on you p***** - sing!" ... I have uttered worse than that from above the tunnel with the scrambled egg on their hat brigade standing below me and I am sure most of us have ... how things change .... is it any wonder fans are scared to create an atmosphere.

It's amazing how different an angle people get when reading something, from the two quoted paragraphs what I read into the situation was that here is a guy who has been warned about his conduct then takes it upon himself to rush at another fan swearing. Now this might not merit a ?600 fine but I think that given he was rushing at someone the polis obviously felt the need to end the situation.

He had already been warned about his behaviour and when his team scored a second goal to equalise, Wallace was heard to shout: "Come on you p***** - sing!"

He was seen rushing towards another supporter to berate him and the police stepped in to arrest Wallace - removing him from the ground before his team scored the winner and collected the trophy.

Painter and decorator Wallace, of Bennan Gardens, Broughty Ferry, admitted breaching the peace by shouting and swearing and struggling with police officers on 22 November

The last bit in bold never does you any favours either, believe me :huh:

Edit- forgot to conclude my point,

I think that if the arrested man had stayed at his seat and not gotten in another fan's face before struggling with the officers who came to the aid of the other fan, then I think at worst the worst he would have expected would be ejection from the ground.

I was speaking to a Dundee fan after the game in the pub and he said his son had been arrested. Don't know if it is the same guy but, he told me that his son was told he was being put out of the ground then started kicking of at police and was then arrested for being abusive to them. The guy reckoned his son got what he deserved.

After such a brilliant first half, the second was obviously hard to take. But I share the view that even then, we weren't too bad. It was just one of those days. Dundee must have been very grateful to go in at half time only 2 down and still in the game. They were fired up for the 2nd, they got their tactics right, we got ours wrong and they got the breaks. Over the peice we were the better side and they know it.

Of course there are concerns in certain areas which need addressing but let's be positive here. The 2nd half performance, disappointing though it was, represented a massive improvement from the 120 minutes of dross served up in the opening match of the competition against Montrose who are still without a win at the bottom of the 3rd division.

Yes, we are inconsistent, but the average standard has improved by a mile. Sunday's first half performance was a joy to watch and would have graced any SPL game. Well done lads! Believe - we can win this league.