Johnboy's idea...

Johnboy

I've no doubt this will get shot down in flames from some circles, but I'd be interested to know what others might think.

Most of us now seem to be agreed that TB will be moving on at the end of the season, when his contract runs out.

There is a general consensus that several of our better players will also be moving on at that time.

The remaining 6 months of the season could be very depressing - we appear to have found our niche in this league, and are almost certain to finish up somewhere around the middle of the table. As things stand nothing much can, or will change until the start of season 2009/2010.

TB's appointment hasn't worked out as well as many had hoped. He has made a couple of decent signings (SFL player of the month) but with regards to general team management, his coaching ability, motivational skills, tactical awareness, etc, have all been found to be sadly wanting.

My idea is that Graeme Bennett should leave the club and move on (he has other business interests) and that TB takes over a role as DoF, combined with other duties such as press officer/spokesman. Bennett appears to have been out of his depth in negotiating players' (such as Marius) contracts, serious errors (allegedly) appear to have been made which is going to prove very costly for the club. I think TB could be the ideal choice to replace him. He has proven interpersonal skills, he is media savvy, he also knows a decent player when he sees one. He is a legend as a player, a very likeable guy, and could still be very influential in attracting decent players to Inverness.

If, just if, TB agreed to such a move who might come in as his replacement? I would suggest Robbo could be an ideal caretaker boss, at least until the end of the season. He might even be prepared to work with MM which would result in money being saved. MM hasn't done too badly taking charge of the team on these occasions when TB was on international duty. Another option I would consider would involve the return of Pele and Shearer, but maybe this time with Shearer as Number 1.

Food for thought anyone?

Guest Mahonio

I've no doubt this will get shot down in flames from some circles, but I'd be interested to know what others might think.

Most of us now seem to be agreed that TB will be moving on at the end of the season, when his contract runs out.

There is a general consensus that several of our better players will also be moving on at that time.

The remaining 6 months of the season could be very depressing - we appear to have found our niche in this league, and are almost certain to finish up somewhere around the middle of the table. As things stand nothing much can, or will change until the start of season 2009/2010.

TB's appointment hasn't worked out as well as many had hoped. He has made a couple of decent signings (SFL player of the month) but with regards to general team management, his coaching ability, motivational skills, tactical awareness, etc, have all been found to be sadly wanting.

My idea is that Graeme Bennett should leave the club and move on (he has other business interests) and that TB takes over a role as DoF, combined with other duties such as press officer/spokesman. Bennett appears to have been out of his depth in negotiating players' (such as Marius) contracts, serious errors (allegedly) appear to have been made which is going to prove very costly for the club. I think TB could be the ideal choice to replace him. He has proven interpersonal skills, he is media savvy, he also knows a decent player when he sees one. He is a legend as a player, a very likeable guy, and could still be very influential in attracting decent players to Inverness.

If, just if, TB agreed to such a move who might come in as his replacement? I would suggest Robbo could be an ideal caretaker boss, at least until the end of the season. He might even be prepared to work with MM which would result in money being saved. MM hasn't done too badly taking charge of the team on these occasions when TB was on international duty. Another option I would consider would involve the return of Pele and Shearer, but maybe this time with Shearer as Number 1.

Food for thought anyone?

To me this is not a bad idea because, as you say, Butcher would be able to persuade players to come to us but i am not to sure who i want to replace hi out of this 3 that i would like to see as manager with Wilson or Charlie Christie as assistant. I am struggling as to who i would have as next manager out of Robbo (due to his work here previously), Jimmy Calderwood (for consistently getting Dons to Europe, downfall being cup results though) and Ian McCall (experience of this division and working in SPL with United where he did a reasonable job).

I like the idea but TB would never accept it.

However your are right in saying Grassa is a fair bit out of his depth, it has been that way for sometime now.

1st problem would be bennet doesnt take a salary any more would tb work for nowt tooo or would we need to find another salary from nowhere to pay him

I suppose that is the obvious flaw in this otherwise brilliant suggestion of mine! I'd forgotten that since relegation Grassa had agreed to continue as DoF for little or no reward. I guesss you get you pay for in this business.

I just find it depressing that little, or nothing is likely to change between now and the end of the season. I do believe all the same, that Robbo (or others) might be agreeable to help us out even just a short term basis, at a salary we could afford. An appointment like that might just rescue our season and see us mount a serious challenge for promotion.

I do believe all the same, that Robbo (or others) might be agreeable to help us out even just a short term basis, at a salary we could afford. An appointment like that might just rescue our season and see us mount a serious challenge for promotion.

Are you suggesting a "no win no fee kind of arrangement"? :)

I like that, do you think the players would sign up for that too? Might just be the edge we've been lacking all season.

I do believe all the same, that Robbo (or others) might be agreeable to help us out even just a short term basis, at a salary we could afford. An appointment like that might just rescue our season and see us mount a serious challenge for promotion.

Are you suggesting a "no win no fee kind of arrangement"? :)

I like that, do you think the players would sign up for that too? Might just be the edge we've been lacking all season.

:D :D

Yeah.... Something like that.

Whatever happened to that old adage of doing something to support your community, helping out your fellow men, etc, etc.

Personally I dont believe TB will ever take a role of DoF so long as he may have a chance to manage. DoF is a background role and wouldn't suit the up front attitude of TB. I wouldn't have a DoF but I'd give Pele a role as scout. If CC were interested in working as a number 2 he'd have done so by now. So long as the present regime are in power Robbo will not be back.

To get us back up we need money and experience and a new board.