Where could I see the highlights of games?

dam17

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When will the QoS highlights be uploaded???

I'm dieing to see them

:lol: me too, me too, it's like crack, but i'll be patient, as if it was me, you could expect them a month next friday!

Actually, i'm really amazed how it's done. I mean, home and away, getting main stand centre position, with a big camera, plus editing, etc...how did these guys pull it off?? It's a mammoth achievement in terms of orgainsation and logistics

When will the QoS highlights be uploaded???

I'm dieing to see them

:( me too, me too, it's like crack, but i'll be patient, as if it was me, you could expect them a month next friday!

Actually, i'm really amazed how it's done. I mean, home and away, getting main stand centre position, with a big camera, plus editing, etc...how did these guys pull it off?? It's a mammoth achievement in terms of orgainsation and logistics

sorry for the delay folks - my fault - I had a lot on this weekend so have only just picked up the highlights from Andy. Not likely to be online tonight (will see how it goes) but will do my very best tomorrow morning (my time)

sorry for the delay folks - my fault - I had a lot on this weekend so have only just picked up the highlights from Andy. Not likely to be online tonight (will see how it goes) but will do my very best tomorrow morning (my time)

Without wishing to sound ungrateful for your efforts Scotty, I wish CaleyD was still on the inside and I'm sure you do too. :(

managed to get it done last night and the QOS game is now online: http://www.ictfc.co.uk/page/matchhighlights/0,,10447,00.html

Wonderful stuff Scotty, just like being there.

That third goal was so precisely worked, a thing of beauty, against a flatfotted defence.

Also observation, Eric is gettings some stick, and I know that highlights can lie, but he seemed to have three attempts and several good passes in the first half. Why aren't we seeing that.

Thanks again to all involved. I sometimes wait weeks for a reply to an e-mail from multinationals, yet you guys can get video footage up within 48 hrs, excellent stuff and very much appreciated.

Many chances for ICT and some very nice goalkeeping from the QoS keeper, encouraging stuff. Rooney was very careful not to get ruled offside for the 3rd, their defenders seemed dead on their feet, perhaps from being kept busy all aftyernoon. QoS had a fair few chances too though, so a very good result.

As I have said before - please dont give the plaudits to me .... I appreciate the thanks received, but my involvement is very much a selfish act !!! I want to see the highlights as much as everyone else and anything I can do to help get them online is as much for my own benefit as everyone else's ....

The whole video thing is truly a collaborative effort between the club and volunteers and in terms of quantity of work, ANDYCAM deserves the lion's share of the praise. He gets himself to games, records the whole thing and then pores through the 90 minutes to cut it down to 3. Anyone with any experience of editing videos will know that this is an huge task and every video he has sent has been excellent, especially considering he usually makes it available to me within 12-24 hours of a game. I just add the graphics and titling and then upload the finished article to our hosting area and send the club the updated page code with the links which the club then publish.

I know the club have received a lot of comments at the stadium, and we have received a lot on here and virtually all have been enormously positive and thankful. To me, those comments, and being able to show the club that there are enormous potential benefits or PR opportunities if they open up a little and allow people to work with them for the benefit of us all is the ultimate reward.

Hopefully the video 'experiment' will make it easier for us all to work collaboratively with the club in other areas.

Yes thankyou Andycam for doing this, it's great stuff. Very much appreciated and the quality and sound is par excellence! Thank you very much. If you ever shoot a movie, i'll go and see it...as long as it's clean!

And thank you to the club. It's great to see this so thanks..and more please!

Edited by Kirishima

I saw a Utube clip that had the game on which illegally shows the red card incident - which is missing from our highlights - link from pie & bovril if ya need to see it, Harris took Hayes out big style, probably deserved.

Without wishing to sound ungrateful for your efforts Scotty, I wish CaleyD was still on the inside and I'm sure you do too.

The video project is a collaboration between ICT FC, "ANDYCAM", and CTO.

By virtue of CTO's involvement, CaleyD is involved in the project even if he doesnt currently take an active role in handling the actual footage. We discussed this (currently passive) involvement with the club openly when they asked me to continue the work that Donald had started and as it met with no objections on their side we all continued to the point where we are today.

Andy has loads of ideas about what he would like to do in terms of footage and hopes to discuss this with the club in coming weeks so hopefully, between us all - including posters on here some of whose suggestions have already been incorporated into the footage - we can continue to build the service into one that makes us all happy :lol:

Scott, very much appreciated everyones involvment in this project. A lot better than the 3 minutes were used to get on Sportscene last year. more action packed, or is it just were creating more chances. Could have won the game by about 7-3 looking at the amount of good chances/excellent keeping.

Doyou have some kind of log for the amount of times people are watching these highlights

a quick point to note .... in the early videos, the video bitrate was "variable" (VBR) with a maximum of 1024 kbit/s but I have now pushed that up progressively to about 1400 kbit/s maximum as we seek that happy medium between quality and decent streaming with little or no buffering.

For the non technical users, that means that the quality is better but there should still be no significant buffering (delays as the PC downloads more of the video) if you have a decent connection. 1400 kbit/s (or 1.4Mbit/s) is roughly equivalent to a VCD format. Not as good as DVD or standard TV but probably as good as we will get without causing buffering issues.

Doyou have some kind of log for the amount of times people are watching these highlights

Although we are hosting the videos we are not logging any data.

However, the club's provider should be able to let them know how many times the page was viewed when they give them their monthly stats for the complete site. I would be interested to know the number of pageviews for the videos but the club may keep that private.

What happens next year when we're in the SPL?

I dont want to tempt fate, so will use the word "IF" ...... If we do get promoted to the SPL then the first thing we will do is request a copy of the current media guidelines for the SPL and see how we can work within those guidelines to provide footage.

The rules for SPL - bearing in mind this was when Setanta existed - used to be as follows:

• highlights from Saturday games could be shown after midnight Sunday and highlights from other games could be shown from midnight on the day of the game.
  • You could make use of the Setanta/STV highlights footage (with commentary) or use your own.
  • You could show the games live outside the UK so long as it did not clash with a UEFA listed blackout period in that country but you must have suitable "geo-blocking" technology to prevent live broadcast to users in the UK.
  • For matches covered live by the TV provider you were entitled to access their feed free of charge and were also able to access the OBs from broadcasters who were filming it for later use and streaming it back to their studios. Although the feeds are free to the club, any costs incurred in accessing these feeds (equipment etc) is borne by the clubs.
  • Clubs can broadcast audio coverage - either their own or the BBC feed - via their website to any country worldwide.

I cant see live video happening in the immediate future, but there is definitely a chance - if the rules are still the same - that we would try to see if the club could arrange the BBC audio commentary feed so that some games are not blocked.

Without wishing to sound ungrateful for your efforts Scotty, I wish CaleyD was still on the inside and I'm sure you do too.

The video project is a collaboration between ICT FC, "ANDYCAM", and CTO.

By virtue of CTO's involvement, CaleyD is involved in the project even if he doesnt currently take an active role in handling the actual footage. We discussed this (currently passive) involvement with the club openly when they asked me to continue the work that Donald had started and as it met with no objections on their side we all continued to the point where we are today.

Andy has loads of ideas about what he would like to do in terms of footage and hopes to discuss this with the club in coming weeks so hopefully, between us all - including posters on here some of whose suggestions have already been incorporated into the footage - we can continue to build the service into one that makes us all happy :)

It is a massive thing for us fans and everyone is delighted to now be getting this service. I hope it can continue in the SPL campaign. Thanks to everyone involved. :004: B) B)

I presume that Andy is sitting in with the away fans - can he turn his neck and get a shot of the faithful !! Have to say that he has caught all the salient moves and chances in both matches. I wish that the Morton game had felt that long - it was more like Ben feckin hur when you had to endure it.