FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

C'mon the Hoops...

Canada Bob

logo.gifBET DETAILS

Bet IDClientResult5788-4472-01983581OpenResult dateReturns-?0.00Bet datePotential winnings10-04-2010 11:22:35?7,643.85Stake?6,550.00

EventChoiceODDSH/OURes 1Res 2Half20100231272

Celtic (N) v Ross County

Scottish FA Cup Matches1

1/6 00

Edited by Canada Bob

What can I say, I could F and blind for an hour or so, but what did Celtic deserve other than what they got, add to that Ross County played a blinder, so I'm no going to curse them. The writing was on the wall in the first 15 minutes, the Hoops played as though it was a practice match while Ross County played as though their lives depended on it.

It took a page {now} in the History books to rob me of 6,550 quid, so I'll take my lumps on it and hope that Braintree FC have a better attitude to their game, if they sink I'll be 10 grand down the drain, might be time to get the rosary beads out :025:

Just show how quick the tide can turn, I was up ore 30 grand in the last 3 weeks, time to man the Braintree pumps the now.

Well done Ross County, you deserved it, as for Celtic, I'd ship the whole team off to Port Vale, how can you turn out for such a major game and not fight for all yer worth for your supporters. I guess that's what living in big houses and driving Merc's ul do for you, what is it they say, "easy come, easy go" I suffer from the same attitude as the Celtic players.

Canada Bob.

Edited by Canada Bob

Well, as I said, it's a result written into the History books now, all I can say is Ross County deserved it, good luck to 'em, can't blame them for me losing 6,550 quid...

It's down to Braintree FC to pull me out of the mire today, and so far so good, they are 1 bowt up after 15 minutes...

They are a better team than the Hoops anyway :P

Canada Bob.

Jeez bob, never before have I seen someone so gratious when losing such a sum. I applaud you load and proud mate - fair play :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come on Braintree - do it for Bob - the man deserves it!!!

What's got 22 legs and 11 r soles, take yer pick, Celtic or Braintree FC :thumb03:

That's ore 10 grand down on the day, how quick the tide can turn hey...

I'll have to check me GPS to see where the nearest canal is :clapping04:

Canada Bob.

It certainly goes to show there are no easy winners, and football really is a funny old game.

Bets like yours bob forever remind me that you can lose just as quickly as you win. I certainly wouldnt have the bottle to be prepared to lose that much in one day...

Just remember one of the many 'golden rules' - DONT START CHASING WHAT YOU'VE ALREADY LOST... YOU'LL END UP LOSING MORE!!!

Haven't read Pele's book, but was once within 20 ft of him at NY airport, tried to get a photo with him, but couldn't get past the media folks, same thing years ago when I was in Vegas just yards away from Mohammed Ali and Don King, they were at a Sportmans Gala or something, but Ali looked knackered to me, shuffling along like an old old bloke, sad to see him like that, anyway, I digress...

As for gambling, the only way to finish up with a small fortune is to start off with a large one, {ask Rooney and a lot of others}, but if you like a bet {and you have a few quid, ie, more money than you might have years left} if you don't go in at the deep end {a few grand} you don't get a buzz from it, that's the problem.

Add to that, when you have a few quid no matter what you win it can't change your life, except to take it in the wrong direction, so you have to tread a thin line by not betting more than you can afford to loose, and not betting such a small amount that you can't get excited about the bet.

The number of times I've said I should quit, well I can't count them, but it's me only vice, maybe I should invest my time and money in other things, but in the last 6 months I've been doing that, trying to make life a little {if not a lot} easier for a few folks in Africa, so I guess I can let me hair down now and again throwing a few quid at a horse or a soccer match, even though I know it don't make much sense...

Canada Bob.

Edited by Canada Bob

Haven't read Pele's book, but was once within 20 ft of him at NY airport, tried to get a photo with him, but couldn't get past the media folks, same thing years ago when I was in Vegas just yards away from Mohammed Ali and Don King, they were at a Sportmans Gala or something, but Ali looked knackered to me, shuffling along like an old old bloke, sad to see him like that, anyway, I digress...

As for gambling, the only way to finish up with a small fortune is to start off with a large one, {ask Rooney and a lot of others}, but if you like a bet {and you have a few quid, ie, more money than you might have years left} if you don't go in at the deep end {a few grand} you don't get a buzz from it, that's the problem.

Add to that, when you have a few quid no matter what you win it can't change your life, except to take it in the wrong direction, so you have to tread a thin line by not betting more than you can afford to loose, and not betting such a small amount that you can't get excited about the bet.

The number of times I've said I should quit, well I can't count them, but it's me only vice, maybe I should invest my time and money in other things, but in the last 6 months I've been doing that, trying to make life a little {if not a lot} easier for a few folks in Africa, so I guess I can let me hair down now and again throwing a few quid at a horse or a soccer match, even though I know it don't make much sense...

Canada Bob.

Bob - I don't think that is the same Pele yer man was referring to - ICT P was meaning the Pele o' the North.... :)

You should have been sticking yer money on ICT with the run we have been on but please don't start now as we need to win our next two games....

Two Pele's hey, news to me, so what was his book all about ?

Other than that, I was going to back ICT when they were 6/5 but I didn't want to stiffen them, so I steered away from the bet {to finish up sunk by the Hoops and Braintree FC}.

Looks like I'm having one of them days, just back from the local pub, had a curry and a couple of pints to wash it down when a bunch of girls from London {talk about loud} comes in for a few drinks afore heading to the all night bars...

Seems they are here for a couple of weeks camping {something women only do/pretend to enjoy/would even consider, when they don't have a bloke to pay for a Hotel room}. One of them {the fattest, 14 stone if an ounce} starts chatting me up, odd how it's always the single/skint/fat/ugly ones hey, but to be honest at 62 you have to consider anything that wears lipstick and still has a pulse. Anyway, I'm doing my best to give her the cold shoulder, as I don't want to know.

She then asks where I'm staying, the last thing I want to tell her is I have my own Villa here, in case they fancy a real roof over their heads. She goes on to tell me what a rotten winter they've had, and how glad they are to be here where it's so warm, she goes on to tell me about their camp site, nice tent, showers, swimming pool etc etc, when she {a Susan Boyle look alike if ever there was one}, says..

"It was so warm last night that I had to sleep with my flaps open" !!!

Somehow or other the image that came to mind didn't involve a tent, so I supped up and went home...

Canada Bob.

Edited by Canada Bob

It certainly goes to show there are no easy winners, and football really is a funny old game.

Bets like yours bob forever remind me that you can lose just as quickly as you win. I certainly wouldnt have the bottle to be prepared to lose that much in one day...

Just remember one of the many 'golden rules' - DONT START CHASING WHAT YOU'VE ALREADY LOST... YOU'LL END UP LOSING MORE!!!

To add to my chagrin I near put 11 grand on Chelsea at 8/11 but decided that somehow or other I must have walked under a black cat today, so I dint bother having a bet, only to sit in the pub watching Chelsea win 3 bowt, just goes to show that when yer luck is out now matter what you do it's the wrong fekkin' thing :(

Canada Bob.

Edited by Canada Bob

Aye, good read Bob, as the title suggests Steve Patterson is a bit of a local legend haveing managed ICT though the early years with great sucess,originally plucked from the wee Moray village of Mosstodloch by Manchester United but had demons fuelled by drink and uncontrollable gambling.It's a very honest insight into his mindset and quite scary how much can be lost so easily.