FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

train to ayr

maimie

Quite a few threads already discussing this. To get the cheap deal you have to go on the 6.46 train I think. Trust bus leaving the Stadium at 8 if that's any use to you. I'm going by car as I'm staying over

Smee I know how to get there...

L_G - had a look for other threads but knowing my technical skills do you really think I could find a thread about getting the train? Maybe I need a wee lesson!

Unfortunately the bus is not good for me this weekend...

So - who's booked on what train then? Understand there's a huge squad going on the 6.45!

Myself, along with the rest of the Highland Marchers, will be staying at Lapwing Lodge. I think the nearest station is Milliken Park? It's 30 miles from Ayr and is our end-of-stage after the match, so we'll definately meet you all there (the ship inn) :lol:

If it helps anyone out you can get the train from Glasgow central to Ayr every 30mins >on the hour and half hour) and it takes just short of an hour to get to Ayr. It is the same on the way back as well.

The ground is about a mile from the train station as well just over the river. I'm sure an off-peak return ticket is aroung about ?8.95 from central to Ayr.

Nearest station to the ground is Newton-on-Ayr. Its only a 10 min walk from there. Its also the nearest station to the Ship Inn on Nth Harbour Street too.. :(

Nearest station to the ground is Newton-on-Ayr. Its only a 10 min walk from there. Its also the nearest station to the Ship Inn on Nth Harbour Street too.. :D

correct only every 2cd train stops at newton tho u would be better going into ayr having a beer then taxi to match /or taxi to ship then to match

I remember the great days of cracking open a few tins on the 0646 train south. :)

Are you not allowed to drink on trains anymore ?

You are allowed to drink on trains. Sometime for big games they will make it a dry train. That only happens for really big games and thankfully they wont see Caley playing Ayr as a big game