FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Hedge

tm4tj

My Gaelic is improving, McAllister on his erse again............

Live on Alba just now, Brechin 0-2 Cowdenbeath, bit of a surprise scoreline so far in this playoff final.

geezo, almost 0-3..................

McAllister was in the papers today hinting that he didn't get on with Brewster and felt he didn't get a chance at Caley.

Yeah, I nearly choked on my Frosties he said he wasn't given get enough of a chance at ICT. We'll agree to differ on that one Rory.

Also interesting to see that he is doing a plumbing apprenticeship, which the journalist neatly added would be a "wrench" for him to give up if he got a full time offer.

he would be good back-up or to bring on in the last 15-20mins after the opponents legs are run down.

Can I take it that you've never actually seen him play?

An opponent who'd been playing for 10 hours solid would still have more strength and pace than a fully fresh Rory, who was also known to be toppled by the Moray Firth breeze.

He joins the same illustrious list as Prunty, Bavidge and Barrowman, who have all shone in that division.

he would be good back-up or to bring on in the last 15-20mins after the opponents legs are run down.

Can I take it that you've never actually seen him play?

An opponent who'd been playing for 10 hours solid would still have more strength and pace than a fully fresh Rory, who was also known to be toppled by the Moray Firth breeze.

He joins the same illustrious list as Prunty, Bavidge and Barrowman, who have all shone in that division.

Can you explain what Prunty and Bavidge have done to deserve your wrath? Barrowman I accept, Rory you are debating but Prunty and Bavidge? What have they done to deserve being pigeon-holed with Barrowman?

Can you explain what Prunty and Bavidge have done to deserve your wrath? Barrowman I accept, Rory you are debating but Prunty and Bavidge? What have they done to deserve being pigeon-holed with Barrowman?

:lol:

I actually used to think in his first couple of seasons that Bav was going to become a really good player for us, but he deteriorated when he went full time.

He can always proudly proclaim he was one of the Feb 8th team. But having watched the Feb 8th DVD recently, I don't think he'll be wanting anyone to examine his contribution too closely, or at all, for that matter.

I actually used to think in his first couple of seasons that Bav was going to become a really good player for us, but he deteriorated when he went full time.

He can always proudly proclaim he was one of the Feb 8th team. But having watched the Feb 8th DVD recently, I don't think he'll be wanting anyone to examine his contribution too closely, or at all, for that matter.

I was under the impression that Bavidge turned down a full-time contract because he wished to study to be an engineer in the oil industry.

I was under the impression that Bavidge turned down a full-time contract because he wished to study to be an engineer in the oil industry.

I think you're right, IIRC correctly he did a Geology degree in Aberdeen and continued to train and play P/T for us through his studies but when he graduated and was offered a job left to join Peterhead. I think Bavidge and Calder were the only 2 part time players on Feb 8th.

Quite liked him as a player but he obviously knew himself he wasn't anything special. Still a good body to have around and effective at that level.