FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Official World Cup Thread

Renegade

i would just like to register my displeasure with Gabriel Heinze the player, and the person. I hope he doesn't get his hands on the World Cup.

Why?

I think England would suit a 4-2-3-1 formation like ICT and Brazil play. They've got the players for it and it's an adaptable system. It allows wing backs to bomb forward and the luxury of 2 sitting midfielders gives the nessesary cover should they be caught up field (ie Johnson)

Obviously it couldn't be done at this world cup due to injury but I think it would be interesting to see Rio play as a deep holding midfield player marking the "hole" essentially. He is strong, fairly quick, can tackle and is composed in possession. He also has the abilty to pass the ball adequately. Then get Barry in there as well. Rio covers right (often watches right flank for Man U from a central defensive position), Barry left (Has played left back so knows the role and could cover from midfield).

Then you have 3 centrally starting attacking mids between Gerrard, Lampard, Milner and Cole with the options of wingers instead should it be more beneficial to the game in question. Rooney up front who would benefit from having 3 supporting players and allow him to play in his lone role he favours.

I'm not actively applying for the job but I'd happily pick up ?6 million a year so if the FA wish to contact me then I'd be willing to sit down and discuss terms

Thankyou.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Picture in today's P & J PROVING that the ball DID NOT cross the line in England's match.

Maybe someone could do the linky thingy - I'm a bit thick where these things are concerned.

i would just like to register my displeasure with Gabriel Heinze the player, and the person. I hope he doesn't get his hands on the World Cup.

Why?

I just think that it's best that I do. Keeping it to myself will only encourage hatred to grow within me, and thats when the heavy drinking and bed wetting begin.

Why?

I just think that it's best that I do. Keeping it to myself will only encourage hatred to grow within me, and thats when the heavy drinking and bed wetting begin.

a104.gif I think you're right though. It really is best to "lean into those feelings" a025.gif

Why?

a104.gif I think you're right though. It really is best to "lean into those feelings" a025.gif

I mean why have you got the displeasure for the baked bean laddie? What has he done?

I see Craig Brown reckons that Scotland would've gotten to the Quarter Finals had they qualified! :lol: This is the same man of course a couple of years ago who said that Terry Butcher should get the England job, something Butcher himself laughed at.

I see Craig Brown reckons that Scotland would've gotten to the Quarter Finals had they qualified! :lol: This is the same man of course a couple of years ago who said that Terry Butcher should get the England job, something Butcher himself laughed at.

We certainly wouldn't have been any worse than the english , at least we would've put up a fight and not have been totally humiliated like the english were .

"We would have got to the 1/4 finals if we'd qualified"

Priceless :rolleyes:

Remind me , what was the score the last time Scotland played england ? :rolleyes:

And you say England live on past glories. :blink:

Remind me , what was the score the last time Scotland played england ? :rolleyes:

It doesn't get much more present than the LAST fixture :blink:

Too easy :lol::lol: . Almost as easy as it was for the Germans the other day :lol::lol:

It doesn't get much more present than the LAST fixture :blink:

Too easy :lol::lol: . Almost as easy as it was for the Germans the other day :lol::lol:

It's a shame when your country's greatest achievement is beating England.

That was 10 years ago.

It was still the last time we played them and as has been reported england have got worse since then , much worse .

Edited by DALNEIGHCALEY

Not really. Around the time of the game that you refer to, Scotland at least had some chance of getting to a major finals, they've been nowhere near good enough in recent years. How good they will be under Levein remains to be seen, but I wouldn't hold my breadth.

the only stats that matter are these ..........

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ranking/...m=7&ty=2010

post-2-1277928966_thumb.png

Whether we like it or not, Scotland have been consistently ranked lower than England for the last 20 years !! We usually manage to maintain ourselves in the top 50 (highest was 13 in Oct 2007) whereas Engerlund are in the top 10 or 15 (highest was 4 in Dec 1997) . We last qualified for the world cup in 1998 and even though we qualified for the WC in 1950 (but withdrew),54,58,74,78,82,86,90 & 98 and the euros in 92 & 96 we were abject failures when we got there and never got beyond the first round in any of them so drawing comparisons with England is a bit of a glasshouses/stones scenario !!

Interesting all-time table here: http://www.planetworldcup.com/NATIONS/maraton.html

And so have Scotland.

Arguable .

England are currently ranked 8th in the world and Scotland 43rd. Scotland are ranked 13 places below the lowest ranked team in England's qualifying group. Despite England playing well below the level they did in the qualifiers, none of the 3 teams in their qualifying group beat them and neither would Scotland. Anything can happen in a one off game but there can be little doubt that England are a very much better side than Scotland at the moment.