FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Foran Faux Pas

DoofersDad

Even though he was not playing today, Foran's reign as captain has got off to a pretty shaky start. Writing in the programme notes today, he pays tribute to Grant Munro's captaincy and goes on to say "I saw how much it meant to him when he lifted the Irn Bru First Division Trophy last season and it's certainly something that I hope to experience in the not too distant future".

Relegation this season Richie, and you'll be half way there! :_beatme:

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Maybe Foran's about to join Dundee. :_shocked:

More to the point, is he officially captain now? Last I recall Butcher was refusing to comment. Did I miss an announcement?

I THINK it was officially announced....then again...i could have been dreaming.

He is obviously confident of winning some silverware this season, i like his attitude. Maybe the CIS cup, i dont think its to far above the relms of possability!

Admire the optimism, but we definitely need to keep our feet on the fround this season or risk being brought crashing back down to earth.

He is obviously confident of winning some silverware this season, i like his attitude. Maybe the CIS cup, i dont think its to far above the relms of possability!

Admire the optimism, but we definitely need to keep our feet on the fround this season or risk being brought crashing back down to earth.

Inverness cup......North of Scotland cup????

I am keeping the feet on the ground, i think around 9th place in the league will be avery good result for us but i think a good cup run is very possible and since the bigger teams tend to feild slightly weeker teams in the CIS cup, i think we can give it a good go

Do you think he means lifting silverware as opposed to the first division trophy?

Well obviously that's what he means but it's not what he wrote. It made me smile.

Great to hear it made you smile. Positive thinking, no time for stinking thinking.

Come on, does anyone actually believe Foran wrote this? Would any player refer to the 1st division title as the "Irn Bru First Division Trophy"?

Obviously written by someone else and approved by Richie.

I am keeping the feet on the ground, i think around 9th place in the league will be avery good result for us but i think a good cup run is very possible and since the bigger teams tend to feild slightly weeker teams in the CIS cup, i think we can give it a good go

ICT tend to put out a weaker team in the CIS cup, never mind just the "big" teams. :rotflmao:

It's clear that he means the SPL title.

A semi final place and a trip to Hampden should be the aim.

I agree, if we can reach the Semi of the Scottish Cup twice while in the first division i don't see why we can't do it again in the SPL. A nice easy run to the Quarter finals and then i would like a re match with Falkirk to secure a visit to Hampden.