FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

MFR to do live commentary

Scotty

It will be interesting to see how this develops.

I would have thought that MFR get quite a lot of listeners on a Saturday trying to get away from football. They may piss off quite a number of their existing listeners. I suspect most people will stick with the Beeb unless MFR can pull out something really special - which would surprise me.

Is the commentary going to be on FM or AM MFR?

answered already

The live commentary will be broadcast on Moray Firth Radio 1107AM, MFR TWO on DAB Digital and online at mfr.co.uk, along with live updates from Ross County, Elgin City and the Highland League plus score updates from the SPL and the Premier League.

I presume that the BBC will be showing online highlights again this season?

We will try to cover all the various options in our matchday thread ....... but as far as I know .... the media arrangements so far are as follows.

Audio:

• BBC Radio Scotland - as normal. All games (except that noted by CB above) national on the radio. Online, some games will be worldwide whilst others will be UK only.
  • Moray Firth Radio - All games local via the radio, UK only via online stream

Video

• Various games live via SKY / ESPN (30 each per season). These are all UK only but various international channels will also show games but people in those locations will have to find out for themselves !!!
  • BBC ALBA offer a match 'as live' on a Saturday night. UK Only.
  • All these matches are denoted on the SPL fixture list at www.scotprem.com with an icon for the relevant broadcaster
  • BT Vision also have a match in full via delayed transmission.
  • STV have acquired the rights to use SPL footage across their daily new bulletins and their Sports Centre programme broadcast ahead of each weekend's fixtures. STV will also be assisting the SPL to produce over 100 matches each season and manage their archive content going back to 1998.
  • Highlights are available on Sky Sports and BBC Scotland on Monday night.
  • Online highlights can be viewed on the BBC Sport website.
  • Subject to getting a copy of the guidelines from the SPL we will also continue to assist the club in getting their own highlights up on the official website as before. these will likely be the same footage as those featured on BBC/SKY/ESPN etc as they will be obliged to give the club a copy but the difference in putting it up on the club site is that it can be viewed globally rather than just within the UK. There may be a delay in starting this service as we are still waiting on details but once all the questions are cleared up hopefully all games will be made available.

we will also continue to trial the "live commentary" function we did for the QP game with a view to transferring it to the club somewhere down the line if it proves popular/succesfull

And for those in Australia you can get the Celtic game at 9.15pm this Saturday on Setanta if you've got it. It is possible to get this (setanta-i) through your computer if you dont have cable.