FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ross Tokely

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

I posted what started off as a wind up on Pie and Bovril but i have since thought "Why not ?". There is also a debate going on about who has played in all four Scottish Divisions and who is the longest serving player at one club.

What about the Supporters Trust liaising with the Club (via Tullochs and Orion)for a formal application to be made, supported by Danny Alexander and a petition from the players and supporters.

An OBE / MBE is what the man deserves IMHO.

And wouldnt he look dapper at Buckingham Place - although it would be better if he received the Honour from lizzie in th Alamo in Paisley. :rotflmao::rotflmao: .

Despite Ross being a great servant to the club i'm afraid his playing days at this level are numbered

I know i'm not alone in thinking that the big man has unfortunately come to the end of his top flight career:sad:

An award would be nice but the most i see him getting is an ICT tie or blazer

Despite Ross being a great servant to the club i'm afraid his playing days at this level are numbered

I know i'm not alone in thinking that the big man has unfortunately come to the end of his top flight career:sad:

An award would be nice but the most i see him getting is an ICT tie or blazer

I would agree with that but the OBE / MBE would be more about the devotion, committment and loyalty that he has shown to the club over many years - and hopefully to continue in a back room job in the future.

I also think that he would look dapper at Buck Palace:

Fester.jpg

I am sure I heard somewhere that Tommy Cumming is retiring at the end of this season .... someone like him who has given up his time for little reward (other than satisfaction) over a large number of years to ensure the pitch (and the kit) remains in pristine condition in all weathers and in all months of the year whilst remaining a background figure and unsung hero of the club is more deserving of some recognition than a player IMHO.

I mean no disrespect to Ross, whose contribution and loyalty to ICT over the years has been phenomenal and definitely deserving of our (and the club's) recognition but I always feel the honours system is somewhat devalued by the sheer number of awards given to some people - especially sports men and women and actors/actresses - just for doing their normal "day job" !

There are so many people who just get on with life but make a positive contribution through volunteering, doing selfless tasks, charity work, service provision, etc who never get the recognition they deserve because they go about it quietly or almost anonymously and are not famous or at least well known.....

• Agree 3

There are so many people who just get on with life but make a positive contribution through volunteering, doing selfless tasks, charity work, service provision, etc who never get the recognition they deserve because they go about it quietly or almost anonymously and are not famous or at least well known.....

Like yourself Scotty - enabling ICT fans worldwide to have petty but heated arguments on a public forum since 1994 :thumbup:

• Agree 1

I think he will be ok in the middle of defence, what he gives is 100%, and some more.

Not many defenders can come on as a sub and start playing as an up front target man, he will have his moments but so will all our players!

Like yourself Scotty - enabling ICT fans worldwide to have petty but heated arguments on a public forum since 1994 :thumbup:

Nahh, just gimme Beer instead :ictscarf: