Realistic answers

Tug

what would you rather  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What is most Important to you??

• Stay in the Spl,and sacrifice any trophies ?
    • Stay In the Spl and win a cup ?
    • Risk the Spl but win a cup ?
    • Risk the Spl and potentially last one more round in the cup ?

I've answered Risk the SPL and win a cup.

We will never win the SPL and we will always be one of the smaller teams like St Mirren etc who will flirt with relegation and promotion etc but i believe there will be changes eventually for the good of Scottish football and hopefully we will be up there. I think winning a major trophy like the Scottish cup would be an incredible acheivement and many years from now when people look through the history of Scottish football, seeing our name in the record book as a cup winner would be better than always finishing as one of the also rans of football finishing in the lower half of the SPl.

I've answered Risk the SPL and win a cup.

We will never win the SPL and we will always be one of the smaller teams like St Mirren etc who will flirt with relegation and promotion etc but i believe there will be changes eventually for the good of Scottish football and hopefully we will be up there. I think winning a major trophy like the Scottish cup would be an incredible acheivement and many years from now when people look through the history of Scottish football, seeing our name in the record book as a cup winner would be better than always finishing as one of the also rans of football finishing in the lower half of the SPl.

That is very true it would be amazing to have our name on (another) trophy but we should be taking risks to progress in cup competitions once we're looking like a stronger, established spl team, not on our first season back. That is assuming, as myself and many other posters would like to think, that we will become a better team in the season's ahead.

For the Manager to play the strongest team at all times and in all matches to show respect to the opposition and to ensure that the team has the best chance to win all games.

For the players in the team to do their best to win fairly.

For the team to play the fastest and most attractive football that they possibly can in the process; bearing in mind that this is all about entertainment, not the survival of the club in the SPL.

If all of the above is in place then at the end of the season the fan will have received best value for money and should be satisfied with the end result.

Staying in the SPL is, to quote the other guys, paramount, imperative, etc. That's what you plan for- to beat at least one other club over 38 matches.

Winning cups you cannot plan for. Just as you cannot predict the result of a single match, you cannot predict who will win a knockout tournament. It's largely the luck of the draw. That's how teams like Gretna and County and Livi have got to finals in recent years. Take it as it comes.