Old Firm game.

Johnboy

A lot of rubbish this supposed anti-Catholic bias. Celtic get more than their fair share of decisions.

In the last match, when Scott Brown was sent off and Celtic were going crazy, why no comment about when Hinkel brought down a player in the box earlier in the game? Why go crazy about decisions that went for Rangers against St Mirren, when Boruc had that disgraceful tackle on Dargo against the same team. Why no admission by Celtic that, actually, against Dundee Utd, the ref was proved by TV right not to award a penalty against Pernis?

Paranoid whiners that don't realise just how many decisions they get.

Just revealed on Sky TV, referee at today's match is Willie Colum - a teacher, who's subject is religious studies!

I don't see how that is relevant? He was named as the ref earlier in the week, SKY sports obviously trying to wind the fans up and feed the hatred.

A lot of rubbish this supposed anti-Catholic bias. Celtic get more than their fair share of decisions.

In the last match, when Scott Brown was sent off and Celtic were going crazy, why no comment about when Hinkel brought down a player in the box earlier in the game? Why go crazy about decisions that went for Rangers against St Mirren, when Boruc had that disgraceful tackle on Dargo against the same team. Why no admission by Celtic that, actually, against Dundee Utd, the ref was proved by TV right not to award a penalty against Pernis?

Paranoid whiners that don't realise just how many decisions they get.

Calm down dear, it's only a commercial.

michael-winner.jpg

A lot of wild challenges. That Stokes one was absolutely dreadful, although I thought McCulloch got the ball for his yellow.

I know what you mean but I won't hope for any bad injuries myself. I don't want to wish that upon anyone. A few suspensions will be fine.

Surprised Maloney's gone straight off. Surely just a bit of ice would have done it?

I look forward to seeing Weiss in the 2nd half (I wonder if he'll come on for Papac at HT). He's probably the most entertaining player to watch in the SPL. Not always effective but good to watch. Ah no, it's Broadfoot. Well, I always preferred Whittaker in midfield. In fact, I think he should make that his position.

Not a big fan of Majstorovic or Loovens. I wonder if Beattie might fancy his chances?

Definitely no penalty. Shocking dive by Broadfoot. Referee should have consulted his linesman (but then, isn't that what Celtic fans were complaining about last week?).

Better team undoubtedly won. Lennon really needs an experienced figure in his management team. Surely before that, someone could have told him that having more strikers means being able to convert more chances but having more midfielders means being able to create those chances. Perhaps also, it would have stopped this united nations of football. Better to have a core of UK players that can be relied upon. Juarez might have all the talent but if he doesn't have the heart, what's the point?

Loovens to blame for two goals. Didn't attack that first one and ended up with an unlucky own goal. Then he failed to mark Miller for the second. After that, was really stupid to push Miller in the mouth right in front of the ref. McManus might not be great but he was better than Loovens.

Having Samaras as your main striker with two poachers behind him isn't going to work against the better teams, where the big punt up won't work. McGinn and McCourt are match winners. Perhaps they don't have the engine (very poor after all this time from McCourt) but should be used more effectively.

Shame we're not playing Celtic on Saturday..... They looked demoralised at the end of that.

Certainly a terrible decision for the penalty - ref wasn't even in a position to see the challenge on Broadfoot - he must have been influenced by the shout from the crowd or the Rangers players.

Very good first half i thought, but that was with Rangers being not as positive as Celtic, however as their hand was forced to put more into attack showed they are still a better team at the moment. Looked like they could have easily forced the issue. Wonder sometimes why Walter Smith adopts such a negative formation when you see how well they can play when the pressure is on. Celtic should have won the game going ahead at home but once Rangers scored it was only going to go one way. Think Rangers would have scored again if the penalty was not given as Celtic looked knocked out by the two goals. However its may be a good omen for Celtic, last time either team won the first 9 games of the season, the other half went on to win the league.

Dont know if this will work for or against us next week, Rangers may turn up thinking they have already beaten us, hopefully we can do a Walter to Walter, beat them on the break to preserve our unbelievable away record