FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Matchday Thread : ICT -V- Hibernian

Scotty

Great performance guys. 4 going on 10-2. I thought Rooney could have scored 5.

I also thought it was funny that Riordan was getting pelters from his own fans for his crosses. Then when Murray left the pitch he gave the captain's armband to Rankin, which was about the fourth time Riordan threw his toys out the pram.

BTW, Derek Adams. Who is he again? :nanananana:

Our performance and the last gasp draw for the Tangerines at Darkheid gives us great hope for causing an upset next week and preserving our unbeaten away run.

Edited by Row S

The good news for Hibs fans - today they scored twice as many goals as all their previous league games in Inverness combined. The bad news for Hibs fans - they got thumped by Inverness yet again! :thumbup: The sight of Drumochter Pass must be quite demoralising for the Hibees :smile:

ICT seemed to play their away game at home today. Good breakaways and the rare treat of witnessing 3 ICT goals at the home end. Quality finishes Mr Rooney!!

Nice to see our mascot make his way in to the home dugout. We could have played him/her in midfield and still have beaten the Hibees comfortably!!

Edited by A96

ICT seemed to play their away game at home today. Good breakaways and the rare treat of witnessing 3 ICT goals at the home end. Quality finishes Mr Rooney!!

that's how I saw it too

That looked like some save from Broonie yesterday at the far end of the ground. I thought Foran could have had a hat-trick in the first half. Wee Jonny must have wished the ground would have opened up and swallowed him after gifting Hibees a lifeline, but we were always a step ahead of Hibs. They do have some dangerous players though, and the less opportunities we give them the better.

Super trio from Rooney, the loon is fast becoming a legend up here.

I'm also liking the style of big Shane Sutherland. He does have a nice touch for a big lad and is well capable of turning the defenders with applomb.

Good times indeed, and long may it continue.

Hibs fans really should just give up coming up to Inverness. it's not going to happen for them, is it? Heard there was a fair bit of trouble on the train back at 1843 and the polis needed to call in the cavalry at Newtonmore. Thankfully i was on the later jake train and missed this nonsense.

Highlight of the game for me was big ross literally 'going ape' when Foran (I think it was Foran?) missed a chance. What a day, weekend, result - it makes travelling for 8 hours worth it.

:ictscarf:

Great win and an entertaining game to boot. More home games like that please fellas!

I just wish the guy over and behind from me who sits in section G would stop getting on the players backs for every wee mistake it really gets tiresome.

I've just watched the highlights online and we looked awesome on the break and in attack, Rooney's composure was excellent and the finishes were top class reflective of a guy at the top of his form and high on confidence. Hayes speed and passing was amazing and they way he reacted after his error was brilliant, just the sort you'd want of a player.

Gutted I missed it :getmecoat:

I was also unable to get to the game but just seen the highlights and it is great to see such composed finishing from both Foran and Rooney. First SPL hatrick for an ICT player, Well done Adam!

Rooney's penalty was perfectly placed but it realy is time he stuck one somewhere else to keep the keepers guessing.

Fantastic performance and thankfully we kept the ball on the ground and passed it about really well with none of the usual long ball crap. I thought Tokely had a great game as did Lee Cox and Nick Ross and Shane Sutherland once again looked impressive when he came on for the last few minutes. Hope Terry gets Rooney signed up soon as I can see us struggling to hang onto both him and Johnny Hayes in January.

PS: Thought I would avoid the usual queues at the food stall at half time and bought a Bovril from the van at the north west gate just before half time - won't be doing that again as I think they forgot to add the bovril granules - it tasted like hot water with just a hint of beef and was a complete waste of ?1.80.

Rooney's penalty was perfectly placed but it realy is time he stuck one somewhere else to keep the keepers guessing.

I was wondering that too, but when its struck like that does it matter that it's so predictable? You can see that Broonie knew exactly where it was going, but couldn't get there in time, and I think other keepers have suffered the same problem.

I thought Miller's penalty for Hibs was even better.