FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Football Years

TopSix

I noticed that The Football Years returns to STV on Friday night and thought it would great if they could do an episode on ICT and the club rising through the divisions. Anyone know of who to contact at STV? I wonder if the club would be willing to take part in such a programme. I liked the wee special feature on BBC 1 recently when they interviewed the gaffer. Thought there might be scope for a whole programme.

Yep Rory, they could do a show highlighting the perils of using money to rise up the leagues as well, ala Gretna /Livvy, contrasted by the rise and success of ICT, who are despite low turnover and crowds able to maintain a top league place(just about).

I noticed that The Football Years returns to STV on Friday night and thought it would great if they could do an episode on ICT and the club rising through the divisions. Anyone know of who to contact at STV?

I note from this article that Alan Clements is the director of content and that email addresses seem to be <first name>.<last name>@stv.tv so you might try that .......

Sounds like a good idea.

Players at some clubs have no idea how it feels to be relegated or win league cups, they may just play in the same league all their playing career and dont know about the real highs and lows of football.

Funnily enough I was reading through The Inverness couriers Path to the premier league 1994-2004 last night.

It mentioned our Chairman Dougie McGilvary having a bet with Tam Cowan in November 1996 that we would be an SPL club in 8 years Tams wager was a pie and Doug raised the ante to ?500, Dougie also mentioned that if Tam coughed up he would double it and donate it to charity.

A Mr Scott MacKenzie also had a few things to say .Caleythistleonline.com. We usually have texters at the match who keep someone in the chatroom updated about how the game is going if it isnt carried live on the web.

On a normal Saturday there might be as many as 25 users in the website chat room and it really is a global audience as some of the more regular visitors include Wanderer China, Gabby Australia, DC Weeman USA, Luv Gravy Canada, Yimp France.as well as some closer to home who just cant make it to that days game.

-----------------------

There are Caley Thistle supporters all over the globe and we celebrated in all four corners of the world at the same time as the Caledonian stadium erupted when the final whistle blew on the final day of the season.

Next season just cant come quick enough for Caledonian Thistle to begin its second decade.

Lets hope its as successful as the first 10 years.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1