FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Sporting Play Draw

Proctor

This may be dismissed as far fetched and unrealistic but do UEFA still do the Sporting Play draw?

I seem to remember Falkirk gained a first round European place a few seasons ago through a good disciplinary record.

Am I right in saying we have only had one red card this season (Munro against Aberdeen in January) and that we have the best discapline record in the SPL?

I know two countries are drawn from around 25 to 30 nations so the odds are not brilliant and it also depends on our record from now until the end of the season but in the off chance we did gain a European place through this it could go some way to giving us a good, interesting pre season and maybe make us some money that would compensate us for recent weather related events.

not a chance at the moment. Top country ( Norway ) will get an automatic place. Then all the countries who are above the magic number of 8 go into a draw as to which two countries receive the 2 other places. No understanding on how they rate with fair play but its over the entire league and not just how nice one team is. At Xmas Scotland were rated 7.94 but had 16 countries ranked higher. However this draw for the two remaining places is a lottery between all teams who rank ABOVE the figure of 8. So if Scotlands ranking were to rise we would be in a draw of probably around 10 others.

Malta were seemingly the unfairest country to watch honest footballers, but Englandshire were ranked second. Better at coning the ref maybe