FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Positions/Players Needed for Next Season

Renegade

They also said that - due to the Orion links - there was rumours of Eastern European loanees and especially a teenager from Brazil ??

I really hope it's Naymar because I was at the Emirates the other week and I got really, really drunk, and I threw something at him so I would like the chance to say sorry to him.

More chance of signing Naelifts - and how do you say sorry in German ?

oh, that's simple. You just say "We didn't know what was going on in the woods on the outskirts of every major town, we thought they were training camps...."

Just saw on the BBC Website that apparently Butcher's budget for next season has been frozen to the same as this season. We may struggle to retain some players. Butcher hasn't spent much money since he came and I'm confident he can find bargains.

Just saw on the BBC Website that apparently Butcher's budget for next season has been frozen to the same as this season. We may struggle to retain some players.

To have the same budget next season is actually quite an achievement. Attendances and income are dropping, and I suspect most SPL clubs will have to reduce their budgets.

What worries me is that while all the talk with contracts has been about Rooney, where's the talk about Russell Duncan? IMO he's an extremely important player to this club and I'm sure many others will agree that the team are better on the pitch when he's there. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to be someone that Butcher has taken to at all and I fear that he will be gone in the not too distant future.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

I see a County fan on P&B says that there is some rumours going round that Michael McGovern has signed a pre-contract with ICT. Can't really see that being true myself. McGovern has rejected ICT before and anyway there's enough keepers here just now as it is.

I see a County fan on P&B says that there is some rumours going round that Michael McGovern has signed a pre-contract with ICT. Can't really see that being true myself. McGovern has rejected ICT before and anyway there's enough keepers here just now as it is.

Can't blame him though. SPL vs fizzy pop 2nd division - no comparison. I think he'd make a good addition to the squad.

If we were to lose one of our keepers, and I think that's very possible, then there's far worse out there who could be brought in to fill the gap. Wouldn't see him getting a game ahead of Esson or Tuffey though, so he would be coming in as cover.

Any chance of Scotty creating a similar thread to that of last year, announcing who is out of contract at the end of the season and what their current status is. I know its still quite early but with our season almost over we will be soon finding out who will be staying and who's going. As of tonight we now know Innes will be offski. I think that leaves 14 players who are now out of contract at the end of the season, quite scary considering i don't feel theres anyone that bad in our team at the moment.

• Agree 1

With Duncan offski, a new battler is needed in the midfield. Who is available of that sort, I really don't know. As Hamilton look doomed, they'll probably have a bit of a clear out, so would Simon Mensing do a job? Linked to come here before and is a bit of a battler in that region. He can also play in quite a few positions too IIRC. Would he be an acquisition worth looking at?

Alex Neil would be a much better acquisition than Mensing

Was thinking that hearing him interviewed the other day. Alex Neil is a very good player and would be an excellent signing, as long as his recent injury problems don't become a recurring issue. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a few offers from clubs in more convenient locations for him, however.

Bet it's bloody Brian Kerr! He'd be as welcome as Brewster was when he came back.

I believe Brian has given up football.

Several players have given up football and then come out of it. Butcher knows Kerr well and with us being in the SPL i wouldnt be suprised if he makes a similar move as he did with Duff.

I see Burton O'Brien has been released. Before some starting talking of cast-offs, he was released as Falkirk couldn't afford him. I've no idea if we could either but worth a look in my opinion.

If Tade is free and with Sanchez & Odi leaving, plus probably AR, then I agree he is an option - whether he is anything better than a squad or cover at SPL level is another issue. Wouldnt think that he would be considered as the attacking spearhead for next season. Although if his wage expectations are realistic then I'm sure other clubs such as St J, St M etc will be after him - he may not be keen coming this far 'north'