FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Positions/Players Needed for Next Season

Renegade

With so many players leaving the club in the summer and only 2 so far arriving, is it time to push the panic button? The season starts in 4 weeks and we are very very short in a few areas, especially in defence. Is TB going to be announcing any new signings soon? I really hope so.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

With so many players leaving the club in the summer and only 2 so far arriving, is it time to push the panic button? The season starts in 4 weeks and we are very very short in a few areas, especially in defence. Is TB going to be announcing any new signings soon? I really hope so.

Its actually 3 signings but your point is a good one.

Terry said in the courier he expects to announce more signings next week. Hope there good ones.

• Agree 1

at the moment our team looks like:

esson

proctor tokley aldred gillet

ross cox tansey

hayes tade foran

subs: tuffey sutherland shinnie polworth

to me it looks a good team and we need 1 more centre back, a right back and 1 more midfeilder squad just needs bulked

i see it been similar to last year with maybe 1 or 2 youth players coming good for us

Don't know, the defence looks potentially a bit flimsy as Proctor ain't much good and Aldred is as of yet an unknown package. The midfield is far too lightweight and Tade up front could be great or could be rubbish (or both!). This is one of the most important periods in Butcher's time as boss I reckon. It's a risk - if he gets it right, he and the club could have a good season - if he gets it wrong then it'll be bye bye Butcher and maybe even to the SPL.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 2

For me...

A 3rd choice keeper is optional but couldnt hurt. Defensively i think we still need 1, possibly 2 centre halves and defnitely a new right back.

In midfield we need someone new to fill the left wing, hoping Doran comes back or this guy Stevenson makes an impression. Maybe another Center midfielder, depending on where Duff gets played next season, assuming he stays with us.

Up front i would say defnitely 1 more striker especially with the near inevitable exit of Rooney. I think we should go for someone as proven and as capable that we can find and offer them whatever contract we were set to offer Rooney.

Terry has been quoted i think saying he hopes to still make quite a few more signings so i doubt it will just be one or two more coming in.

Edited by ajsict92

Its actually 3 signings but your point is a good one.

Terry said in the courier he expects to announce more signings next week. Hope there good ones.

11 if you count the 8 promoted from the youths. Which begs the question, are any of those good enough to do a Nick Ross and command a starting place?

Basically I feel it is fairly obvious - Terry and Mo have got the squad that they want - they are now waiting to see how much spondoolicks that they can get for Rooney - IMHO we need a pacy central defender and an experienced goal scoring forward - Tansey may well fill the creative midfielder place - perhaps they think that Tade fills the striker part - personally Duff is as good a rite back as ya can get.

• 2 weeks later...

DEFENCE

Aldred seems to becoming a player, so perhaps with Tokely, Aldred, Proctor and Meekings all fighting for central defence, we might not be that badly off. But still, like to see one more CD coming in - an Innes type player: not quite an outstanding prospect but solid enough if Tokely's out. Assuming Gilbert joins, more than happy with the full-back options, particularly if Duff returns (which I think he will).

MIDFIELD

A. Shinnie has such a good pedigree, I think he's worth the risk. Yep, we may not get him to his potential but got to be worth a try surely. He'll be a different class with a few games and a bit of confidence if it comes off. Quite excited to see so many young good players vying for midfield: A. Shinnie, Ross, Cox, Tansey, Morrison, plus Proctor and Duff with maybe G. Shinnie at a push. I doubt it'll be a case of regular picks. I can see players coming and going due to their age, but it excites me.

WINGS

Again, I'm fairly happy. Hayes is obviously a first pick but A.Shinnie, Cox and Ross can also play there, as can Sutherland, Proctor and Duff. If we don't get Doran, then G. Shinnie and Foran can do well in there. Not sure where Greig or Cooper play.

ATTACK

A poacher is what we're missing. Still, I do wonder if we might actually do better over the long-term with hard-working, more creative type of players like Foran, Sutherland and Tade all battling for each other. Maybe we'd win more games with that combination?

So, just to be sure, if we get our targets, a solid centre-back and a poacher would be the icing on the cake. I don't think we'll be struggling against relegation - although I don't think there's any team as weak as the Accies this season. Quite excited that we can turn in another good season mind you. Might cause a few upsets along the way. Exciting times ahead for ICT!

Esson

Gilbert - Tokely - Aldred - Gillet

Cox - Tansey

Hayes - A.Shinnie - Foran

Tade

DEFENCE

Aldred seems to becoming a player, so perhaps with Tokely, Aldred, Proctor and Meekings all fighting for central defence, we might not be that badly off. But still, like to see one more CD coming in - an Innes type player: not quite an outstanding prospect but solid enough if Tokely's out. Assuming Gilbert joins, more than happy with the full-back options, particularly if Duff returns (which I think he will).

MIDFIELD

A. Shinnie has such a good pedigree, I think he's worth the risk. Yep, we may not get him to his potential but got to be worth a try surely. He'll be a different class with a few games and a bit of confidence if it comes off. Quite excited to see so many young good players vying for midfield: A. Shinnie, Ross, Cox, Tansey, Morrison, plus Proctor and Duff with maybe G. Shinnie at a push. I doubt it'll be a case of regular picks. I can see players coming and going due to their age, but it excites me.

WINGS

Again, I'm fairly happy. Hayes is obviously a first pick but A.Shinnie, Cox and Ross can also play there, as can Sutherland, Proctor and Duff. If we don't get Doran, then G. Shinnie and Foran can do well in there. Not sure where Greig or Cooper play.

ATTACK

A poacher is what we're missing. Still, I do wonder if we might actually do better over the long-term with hard-working, more creative type of players like Foran, Sutherland and Tade all battling for each other. Maybe we'd win more games with that combination?

So, just to be sure, if we get our targets, a solid centre-back and a poacher would be the icing on the cake. I don't think we'll be struggling against relegation - although I don't think there's any team as weak as the Accies this season. Quite excited that we can turn in another good season mind you. Might cause a few upsets along the way. Exciting times ahead for ICT!

Esson

Cox - Tansey

Tade

I still have a serious problem with that starting line up. I don't know what it is but i just don't think that side is anywhere near good enough for safely stay in the SPL. I've still to watch Aldred and Tade but even when i seen the others they were playing against Clach! The next 4 matches will give us a good chance to see who is good enough for ICT and i'm hoping Butcher has a few more trialists up his sleeve.

• Agree 2

At time of year we normally put some youngsters out on loan, and I'm sure Terry has had that in mind when assessing them in the games so far. Who would Elgin want? Who would want to go to Elgin?

DEFENCE

MIDFIELD

WINGS

ATTACK

Esson

Cox - Tansey

Tade

I still have a serious problem with that starting line up. I don't know what it is but i just don't think that side is anywhere near good enough for safely stay in the SPL. I've still to watch Aldred and Tade but even when i seen the others they were playing against Clach! The next 4 matches will give us a good chance to see who is good enough for ICT and i'm hoping Butcher has a few more trialists up his sleeve.

Whats wrong with that starting line up is Tade is deemed good enough to play lone striker in the SPL despite yielding just 13 league goals in 2 seasons at Raith. Dont get me wrong not knocking him as a signing, very happy with him but he wont get us 15-20 goals this season. He's a battering ram - end of. We NEED another striker. Also im happy with bringing in Aldred but we defnitely need another center half. Meekings is completely untested (though he is promising), Proctor's rubbish there and Aldred is only on loan till December which many people seem to forget. And i dont want Foran back on the left wing. Would defnitely prefer a new wide player, wether it be Cooper or Doran or someone else. I still think we are quite a bit away from having a full squad for next season.

Edited by ajsict92
  • Agree 2

Whats wrong with that starting line up is Tade is deemed good enough to play lone striker in the SPL despite yielding just 13 league goals in 2 seasons at Raith. Dont get me wrong not knocking him as a signing, very happy with him but he wont get us 15-20 goals this season. He's a battering ram - end of. We NEED another striker. Also im happy with bringing in Aldred but we defnitely need another center half. Meekings is completely untested (though he is promising), Proctor's rubbish there and Aldred is only on loan till December which many people seem to forget. And i dont want Foran back on the left wing. Would defnitely prefer a new wide player, wether it be Cooper or Doran or someone else. I still think we are quite a bit away from having a full squad for next season.

I completely agree, we are very thin on the ground. The way the squad stands at the moment i think we need the following: 2 RBs, 2 CBs,1 Defensive Mid, 1 Attacking Left Mid, 1 striker

We lost ten players last season, 12 if you include Doran going back to his parent club and the fact that Duff doesnt seem to be in the picture at all. The last article i read about Duff was two weeks ago and stated that he was back from holiday and ready to discuss new terms. The fact that he isnt training with is and hasnt featured in any pre-season games would hint that Terry no longer wants him.