FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Belladrum 2011

SMEE

Belladrum 2011 Line Up has been announced....well...at least some of it. Sadly, in my opinion, its the poorest line up in the 5 years i ahve been going. Usually at least a few acts get me excited...but this year...NOT ONE! Texas and Deacon Blue are headlining..WTF??..two 80s, samey, middle of the road has beens.....VERY dissapointed :(

Next year, im waiting for the line up to be announced before buying tix. Looks like im going to need to rely on the People, atmos etc to carry Bella this year

Edited by SMEE

Have to agree with you Smee, that's a poor choice of headliners. Both mediocre past it pop bands, nothing to get too excited about there.

Still, Newton Faulkner should help to ease the pain, he's incredibly talented.

Frank Turner will be good

This name keeps cropping up...by freinds on Facebook, Belladrum forum etc. Had a wee snigger to myself on tuesday, passing a Billborad, advertising Inverness Courier, With the headline of............."Belladrum Announces Major Headliners!

Frank Turner will be good

This name keeps cropping up...by freinds on Facebook, Belladrum forum etc. Had a wee snigger to myself on tuesday, passing a Billborad, advertising Inverness Courier, With the headline of............."Belladrum Announces Major Headliners!

Deacon Blue ( that pointless screechin female urgghgh) and Texas - my gad what a lame lineup - all that remains is for WetWetWet to turn up as 'surprise guests' :toilet03:

I take it that by "that pointless screechin female" you are refering to Loraine MacIntosh who, IMHO is really excellent. Her singing, far from being screechy, is bluesy and soulful. Her vocals are always understated beneath Ricky Ross's main vocals which is really effective and gives the band their distinctive sound. Deacon Blue are playing on my PC at the moment and very enjoyable it is too.