Fixtures after the split

Alex MacLeod

I would have thought the powers that be would have released the after split fixtures by now knowing who's in what half of the table.

By my reckoning we should have

1. Hamilton------Away------23/04

2. Hibs------------Home-------30/04

3. St Mirren------Home------07/05

4. Aberdeen-----Away-------11/05

St Johnston-----Away-------14/05

This was the order of play for the first games of the season. They could change it for a bit of balance and make Aberdeen the third game. Either way its a fair old trek for the marchers in two and a bit days.

Somewhere in there to fit the Celtic game?

Edited by Alex MacLeod
Mistake spotted by Gringo

I would have thought the powers that be would have released the after split fixtures by now knowing who's in what half of the table.

By my reckoning we should have

1. Hamilton------Home------23/04

2. Hibs------------Away-------30/04

3. St Mirren------Home------07/05

4. Aberdeen-----Away-------11/05

St Johnston-----Away-------14/05

This was the order of play for the first games of the season. They could change it for a bit of balance and make Aberdeen or St Johnston the first game. Either way its a fair old trek for the marchers in two and a bit days.

Somewhere in there to fit the Celtic game?

The SPL told me yesterday (Tue) that the post split fixtures should be available later this week and that in Caley Thistle's case, that release would include the Celtic game.

If we play each of the five in a 'logical' and equal Home and Away set up then is should be

Hamilton - Away

Hibs - Home

St Mirren - Home

Aberdeen - Away

St Johnston - Away

Not forgetting the outstanding Celtic at Home game as well of course.

The order of the above is up to the SPL but the Highland Marchers would be very pleased to avoid Hamilton.

There is going to be lop sided fixtures again somewhere as the teams that were expected to be in the top 6 when the fixtures were made didn't all finish in the top 6.

Actually it was only Hibs who were seeded for top 6 and Killie for were seeded for bottom 6 that didn't finish in their expected positions. So someone will be away/home to someone 3 times most likely again.

Edited by Joe DiMaggio

If we play each of the five in a 'logical' and equal Home and Away set up then is should be

Hamilton - Away

Hibs - Home

St Mirren - Home

Aberdeen - Away

St Johnston - Away

Not forgetting the outstanding Celtic at Home game as well of course.

The order of the above is up to the SPL but the Highland Marchers would be very pleased to avoid Hamilton.

Well spotted G. Got me Hibs and Hamiltons mixed up.

From the SPL site:

TOP SIX

Saturday April 23

Dundee United v Kilmarnock - 12.15pm (Sky Sports)

Hearts v Motherwell - 3pm

Sunday April 24

Rangers v Celtic ? 12.30pm (Sky Sports)

BOTTOM SIX

Sunday April 24

Hibernian v St Mirren ? 3pm

Monday April 25

St Johnstone v Inverness CT ? 2pm (ESPN)

Hamilton Accies v Aberdeen ? 4.15pm (ESPN)

WEEK 35

TOP SIX

Saturday April 30

Kilmarnock v Hearts ? 3pm

Motherwell v Rangers ? 12 noon (ESPN)

Sunday May 1

Celtic v Dundee United ? 12.45pm (Sky Sports

BOTTOM SIX

Saturday April 30

Aberdeen v Inverness CT ? 3pm

Hibernian v St Johnstone ? 3pm

Monday May 2

St Mirren v Hamilton Accies ? 3pm (ESPN)

WEEK 36

TOP SIX

Saturday May 7

Dundee United v Motherwell ? 3pm

Rangers v Hearts ? 12.15pm (Sky Sports)

Sunday May 8

Kilmarnock v Celtic ? 12.45pm (Sky Sports

BOTTOM SIX

Saturday May 7

Aberdeen v St Johnstone ? 3pm

Hamilton Accies v Hibernian ? 3pm

Inverness CT v St Mirren ? 3pm

WEEK 37

TOP SIX

Tuesday May 10

Rangers v Dundee United ? 7.45pm (Sky Sports)

Wednesday May 11

Hearts v Celtic ? 7.45pm (Sky Sports)

Motherwell v Kilmarnock ? 7.45pm

BOTTOM SIX

Tuesday May 10

Aberdeen v St Mirren ? 7.45pm

St Johnstone v Hamilton Accies ? 7.45pm

Wednesday May 11

Inverness CT v Hibernian ? 7.45pm

TOP SIX

Sunday May 15

Celtic v Motherwell ? 12.30pm

Dundee United v Hearts ? 12.30pm

Kilmarnock v Rangers ? 12.30pm

BOTTOM SIX

Saturday May 14

Hamilton Accies v Inverness CT ? 3pm

Hibernian v Aberdeen ? 3pm

St Mirren v St Johnstone ? 3pm

Not even 3 days.....

7:45 Kick Off on Wednesday, on the road by 10pm realistically and they need to be in Hamilton for 3pm Kick-Off on Saturday......that's only 65 hours to cover 170 miles (give or take), which is nigh on impossible for one person to do the complete end to end.

Yompa did Inverness to Dunfermline in that timescale, but that's 30+ miles shorter....or 8 to 10 hours walking.

One thing's for sure, the HMers have never been beaten yet and I don't expect they'll be beaten this time either.

So Inverness to Hamilton in 3 days for the Highland Marchers !!!!

Was just thinking that. They probably couldn't have got a worse fixture, could they?

After having missed only one away game all season, I'm not going to make either St Johnstone or Aberdeen, and I'm not really that bothered about it if I'm being honest. Will make Hamilton though, to wave ta ta to our bogey team.

Edited by alternative maryhill

caley thistle v celtic game could be on wed 20 april

More likely Wednesday May 4th I'm told, but yet to be confirmed by the SPL.

This means three home matches in a week - May 4, 7, 11. Having spoken to the manager about this at lunch time, I don't think I'm out of order telling you now, an hour before broadcast, that his other concerns are having to play in Perth at 2pm on a Monday (with classic TB understatement he suggests there will be "about 10 people there") and the last five games of the season (based on Celtic being May 4th) taking place in 15 days.

caley thistle v celtic game could be on wed 20 april

More likely Wednesday May 4th I'm told, but yet to be confirmed by the SPL.

This means three home matches in a week - May 4, 7, 11. Having spoken to the manager about this at lunch time, I don't think I'm out of order telling you now, an hour before broadcast, that his other concerns are having to play in Perth at 2pm on a Monday (with classic TB understatement he suggests there will be "about 10 people there") and the last five games of the season (based on Celtic being May 4th) taking place in 15 days.

Just underlines the total ineptitude of these muppets running our game. Splits, 10 team league, blinkered vision, death wish.

What a total dogs breakfast of fixtures....Football on Monday afternoons and the two teams furthest from each other playing on the closing day of the season!!!

What's the problem with a game being played on Easter Monday afternoon and what difference does it make when we play Hamilton ?

It just goes to prove (as if any proof was needed) that the SPL do NOT want Inverness in their league. Last game of the season and forcing everyone to travel all the way back up the road to end of season parties is just a joke. Why the hell couldn't they have given us Aberdeen or St Johnstone? Its not as if its a relegation decider at Hamilton is it. Goodness knows what TB thinks of it. SPL - you are a joke.

Easter Monday is not actually a holiday in Scotland (Bank or Public) so many people will be working.

As for playing Hamilton, as I pointed out, it;s the furthest trip possible for the bottom 6 teams and as clubs generally have end of season parties/dinners etc on the evening of the final game scheduling has historically been done to avoid unnecessarily long journeys.

The accompanying notes on the SPL Website tell us that the OF games were prioritised on the fixture calendar and then everything else has been fitted in around it. Why? Because they can't be trusted to have an OF derby as the title decider. The outcome..everyone else has to fit in around then, regardless of the inconvenience.

What's more, as Charles has pointed out, with the fixtures all over the place, in order to fit our replay in against Celtic we could be left playing 5 games in 15 days!!!

And that's just the issues it creates for us....I'm sure other clubs will have ample complaint as well (Hamilton playing St Mirren 3 times away when they are battling each other for relegation for example).

If I was looking for a conspiracy, I might even go so far as to suggest that it's been made as convoluted as it has for no reason other than adding weight to the argument for a 10 team SPL with no split!!!

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1