FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Paterson to raid ICT for players ?

Scotty

According to the Scotsman Pele is hoping to raid both ICT and the Dons for players to help Peterhead progress : http://sport.scotsman.com/football.cfm?id=1641012006

PETERHEAD manager Steve Paterson is hoping to raid former clubs Aberdeen and Inverness Caledonian Thistle after kicking off his new job with a 4-2 defeat at Morton ..... "The play offs are a realistic target," said Paterson despite the defeat, "and I will use my contacts with Aberdeen and Inverness to get players."

Who if anyone do you think we will lose or who might be destined for a loan spell out east ?

Would like to see Zander and Rory get loaned out to get some regular football.

Especially with Rory, with Bayne, Wyness, Dargo and McSwegan all available for cover.  And I really don't think it can help a striker when he only comes on for the last 10-ish minutes a match.

But Zander, definatly.  Although I have called on him getting a chance in the first team.

Would we be able to loan Michael Fraser out?  Or are the SFL rules the same as the SPL - we couldn't call him back if we needed him?

Livi are in the SFL and this is one of the reasons given for him not going there at the start of the season.

Daily Rangers says today...

DOUBLE DEAL

By Ian Orr

CALEY THISTLE are in talks with Peterhead about a possible double loan deal.

With Charlie Christie's 21-man Inverness squad remaining remarkably free of injury, competition for places has created a bottleneck.

He is cautious about releasing experienced players to the Second Division side during a tough campaign but sees the potential benefit in co-operating with new Peterhead boss Steve Paterson. Christie said: "Steve is honest enough to say it would be a real feather in his cap to introduce one or maybe two Premier League players to his set-up.

"I'd be delighted because I trust him 100 per cent and know he'd have our players' best interests at heart."

P & J says

Charlie Christie is happy to let some of his Caley Thistle players join Peterhead on loan when the transfer window opens in January - providing Blue Toon manager Steve Paterson is willing to give youth a chance at Balmoor Stadium.

Former Inverness and Aberdeen manager Paterson has already been in touch with Caley Jags counterpart Christie with a view to bringing some players to the Second Division club in the new year. He has been offered encouragement by Christie.

Christie said: "I've spoken to Steve and, while we haven't mentioned individuals, he realises the situation we have here with no injuries and quality players not getting a game Steve, I'm sure, has more experienced players in mind but it has to be of benefit to both clubs. If Steve wants me to scratch his back he will have to scratch mine and it may be the case where one experienced player is allowed to go on loan along with a youngster.

"Peterhead are a good side in a difficult league and I know the benefit that can be found by going on loan. Barry Robson came on in leaps and bounds when he was at Forfar on loan for six months and came back here full of confidence.

"With the Scottish Premier Reserve League shutting down for the winter break we will have six or seven guys not playing and I want to keep them ticking over."

Christie was unwilling to discuss senior players he would be willing to loan out in January but he is considering allowing some of the younger fringe players the chance to play regularly.

He said: "Steve admitted it would be a real feather in his cap to introduce one, maybe two SPL players to his side at Peterhead. He felt the team was a bit lightweight in one or two areas at Morton last Saturday.

"I would certainly not allow Rory McAllister to go as he is in the squad every Saturday. But the likes of Stuart Soane comes to mind. He is a youngster who I would love to get more football experience."

I'd like to see Soane get 6 months on loan, but would also love to see the likes of Zander and Rory get at least a 1month/2month loan to keep them progressing. Obviously this Under 21 team quota is shooting us in the foot here

Ross, not 100% sure but I dont think we are allowed to send anyone out for one / two months. Deal must be for period between window's. Would Peterhead be in a position to play the wages or would we be footing that bill if anyone does go on loan. I agree with CC's backscratch comments. We can help out Peterhead but they must develop youngsters within there system that could provide teen players of the future for all the north clubs. They must also be seen to be developing and nurturing our youngsters if they are sent along the road. A fairly good arrangement could be agreed whereby Peterhead take players from us who may perhaps be recovering from injury and give them a half season of first team football. I think of someone like Caff or Gollie who would have been better to have been playing regularly but weren't quite up to SPL levels.

Good point brought up by Alex there regarding players coming back from injury etc getting some football in and regaining sharpness at Peterhead. That would be a benefit to both clubs undoubtably, Peterhead get experienced players for a few months and when they come back to us they've been playing regular first team football. Would be good to see some of the younger players getting a chance of regular first team football as well and coming back to Inverness confident after getting a run of first team games

Maybe it's time the SPL looked at the Under-21 rule.

It seemed to be a good idea at the time but I wonder now if its hindering the progress of some players. Having to have 3 (?) youngsters on the bench means other squad members lose out and chances are the kids aren't given a game anyway. Loaning them out to lower divisin clubs surely would be more benefical to them and the clubs concernd rather than warming the bench

The current finanical climate in Scottish football means that youth development is the best/only option for many clubs to bring in new players rather than vis the transfer market anyway.

I think the U21 rule is a good one because it forces clubs to bring on youngsters and, who knows, maybe one day an Anthony Stokes type 18 year old will appear at ICT.

As for who to loan out, niether Morgan, Caff or Golly have featured much this season so perhaps one of them and of the youngsters theres Soane Kerr and Jonathon Smith who may all benifit from regular first team footie.

I think the U21 rule is a good one because it forces clubs to bring on youngsters and, who knows, maybe one day an Anthony Stokes type 18 year old will appear at ICT.

As for who to loan out, niether Morgan, Caff or Golly have featured much this season so perhaps one of them and of the youngsters theres Soane Kerr and Jonathon Smith who may all benifit from regular first team footie.

Alex I think what Kencar is tyring to say is Rory McCallister might be as good as Stokes if not better but until he is given first team football somewhere we wont be able to know.  So maybe it is a good idea to shift him out on loan so he can get the experience and we will know exactly what he is capable of

With all due respect to Charlie, I think that it would do Rory McAllister the world of good to get the confidence of scoring regularly at Second Division level until the end of the season.

After all, he is behind Dargo, Bayne, Wyness and probably McSwegan in the pecking order for our team.

If he found his scoring boots and, with them, his confidence, at Peterhead he might start next season seriously challenging for a first team start especially if Dargo is no longer with us by then.

With all due respect to Charlie, I think that it would do Rory McAllister the world of good to get the confidence of scoring regularly at Second Division level until the end of the season.

After all, he is behind Dargo, Bayne, Wyness and probably McSwegan in the pecking order for our team.

Disagree. Rory has generally been the one to come towards the end of games and not McSwegan which would suggest the opposite.