FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Lennon Attack

bdu98196

So many view on here all regarding sectarinism, now unless I have missed it in the news (which I may have) who actually said Lennon was attacked for his religious beliefs, perhaps thats people on here jumping to assumptions.

The Guy has been charged with breach of the peace and assault, both aggravated by religious prejudice. See hear

That's fairly meaningless at this stage. He'll have been hit with the heaviest possible charge as a matter of course so as to ensure they can get him for as much as possible. Easier for the Procurator Fiscal to do that and then back off on the charges than it is for them to have charged him with a lesser offence and then try to increase the charges.

So, to summarize.

The guy in the Hearts top standing in the Hearts end at a Hearts home game running on to the Hearts pitch to attack the manager of the team playing Hearts may not be a Hearts fan.

And the people sending live bombs and bullets to a group of people (not just Mr Lennon), each one with Catholic/Celtic/Irish connections, may not be religious bigots.

Keep it up, Poirot.

Post of the year so far :rotflmao:

So many view on here all regarding sectarinism, now unless I have missed it in the news (which I may have) who actually said Lennon was attacked for his religious beliefs, perhaps thats people on here jumping to assumptions.

The Guy has been charged with breach of the peace and assault, both aggravated by religious prejudice. See hear

That's fairly meaningless at this stage. He'll have been hit with the heaviest possible charge as a matter of course so as to ensure they can get him for as much as possible. Easier for the Procurator Fiscal to do that and then back off on the charges than it is for them to have charged him with a lesser offence and then try to increase the charges.

So, to summarize.

The guy in the Hearts top standing in the Hearts end at a Hearts home game running on to the Hearts pitch to attack the manager of the team playing Hearts may not be a Hearts fan.

And the people sending live bombs and bullets to a group of people (not just Mr Lennon), each one with Catholic/Celtic/Irish connections, may not be religious bigots.

Keep it up, Poirot.

Already conceded the fact that it looks very likely (practically certain) he's a Hearts Fan.

Time will tell on the second point, but yeah, they may not be.

P.S. I'm not much of a Poirot fan, he relied far too much on the assumption that certain types of people committed certain types of crimes...far more befitting of your take on the situation. I far prefer Sherlock Homes, and as he once said....."It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data."

Dinnae think you need to be Poirot or Sherlock to deduce the guy in the picture is a nutter, intent on causing trouble, noising up the support and is a generally dislikable character,he should be banned from all football grounds forthwith

The Hearts fan should get in trouble as well!!

• Agree 2

So, to summarize.

Keep it up, Poirot.

Already conceded the fact that it looks very likely (practically certain) he's a Hearts Fan.

Time will tell on the second point, but yeah, they may not be.

P.S. I'm not much of a Poirot fan, he relied far too much on the assumption that certain types of people committed certain types of crimes...far more befitting of your take on the situation. I far prefer Sherlock Homes, and as he once said....."It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data."

droopy.jpg