FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Livi roll call

82 Mins: Fizzling out a bit here. But Livi should be ahead; Ross Gray, Russell, Samuel and Deuchar have all come close. 1-1

83 Mins: Nick Ross just blazed over the bar in ICT's only effort for ages. But, as I say, results invariably count for little in preseason

No news on subs, sorry

Was an ok game. We look very lightweight especially upfront which is worrying for the SPL but this was a makeshift team. Jamie stevenson looked alright in fact all were alright but nothing special. Hopefully more signings and soon!!!

Pretty mediocre game for the forty odd souls who made the journey to West Lothian. Livi were defending an unbeaten run and probably the more hungry for a result. On a plus side though Tom Aldred looks like he could be the new 'machine'. Not all that impressed with Andrew Shinnie but I'll reserve judgement till he's had a few games under his belt. Same goes for Jamie Stevenson. We did manage to stick to a passing game for the full ninety but failed to do anything of note. Even our goal came from a linesmans blunder. Foran was in an offside position and moved towards a through ball. Linesmans flag went up briefly but Richie was still some distance from the ball. Flag then went down but Livi defence had stopped. Jonny comse through and picks up the ball and squares it to a now onside Foran who only had the keeper to beat. Livi players were not amused.

Hopefully those players will gel quickly and if so there is the makings of a good team amongst them.

• Tom Aldred looks like he could be the new 'machine'.
  • Not all that impressed with Andrew Shinnie but I'll reserve judgement till he's had a few games under his belt.
  • Same goes for Jamie Stevenson.

This, this and this.

Stevenson was pretty much anonymous. I'm not really sure where he was meant to be playing or what he was meant to be doing. Shinnie did try to take players on but looked very lightweight and certainly nothing like a striker. With a bit more confidence he might be able to play the 'hole' position linking midfield to attack, but he didn't look capable of causing too many problems today. Tommy the tank Aldred is a big, scowling, misanthropic, ill-natured creature who spent the afternoon shouting at his team mates and kicking opponents: already a cult hero in the making. I was also quite impressed with Tansey, who was always looking to get on the ball and saw and made a few very good passes. To look at, though, this was a very atypical ICT team: take out Hayes and pretty much all of them were well over six feet. Ideally, I'd like my team to be mostly made up of nippy wee shortarses rather than big cloggers.

It was a pretty horrible game to watch, but I'm assuming this won't be Butcher's preferred starting line up once he has a full-strength squad to choose from, and we still managed to be marginally the better team over the piece despite an excellent goal from Livi. Not going to make the west country games but hopefully they will give Butcher a chance to fine-tune the line-up he sees as our starting eleven against Motherwell.

Edited by alternative maryhill

Shinnie was poor against Elgin as well because he played in that advanded role. He played center mid against Clach and Forres and looked much better suited to that role. His link up play in paticular caught my eye. But he is NOT suited to the role of second striker. If Terry persists with him there Shinnie will struggle to make an impact i think.

• Agree 1

Incidentally, the steak pie I bought today was the single worst piece of catering I have ever experienced at a football ground. The top was burnt and ringed with dried gravy that looked like fossilised keech encrusting a pub toilet. The base was undercooked, housed in grey, soggy pastry with the appearance and consistency of dead flesh. I spent about half an hour trying to unpeel it from the little tin receptacle which it was welded to. If Lavvy somehow manage to win the league they should be disbarred from promotion on the basis of the health risk that their pies pose to visiting supporters.

a big, scowling, misanthropic, ill-natured creature who spent the afternoon shouting at his team mates and kicking opponents

Great description. Only in football could these be described as positive qualities!

• Agree 1

Incidentally, the steak pie I bought today was the single worst piece of catering I have ever experienced at a football ground. The top was burnt and ringed with dried gravy that looked like fossilised keech encrusting a pub toilet. The base was undercooked, housed in grey, soggy pastry with the appearance and consistency of dead flesh. I spent about half an hour trying to unpeel it from the little tin receptacle which it was welded to. If Lavvy somehow manage to win the league they should be disbarred from promotion on the basis of the health risk that their pies pose to visiting supporters.

And it didn't taste any better after you picked it up of the deck?

Perhaps they were just reheating the pies left over from last season. Does that make you feel any better about it?

Not terribly much better, no. Although it would explain a lot.

And it didn't taste any better after you picked it up of the deck?

The little garnish of shoe grit did make it taste marginally better. Dropping it, incidentally, was purely a result of trying to liberate it from its tinfoil thingy. It was in no way connected to the party keg that Red Card took for the train.

I was going to buy a pie until i saw what they gave you! Was dire game. We were poor and disjointed. However, it was a good work out for the team as Livi looked up for it. Tuffey pulled off a few good saves towards the end and we were probably lucky with the draw. We did not look threatening at all and the only real chance I can remember was our goal. Even then, it was very controversal. The lines man put his flag up for offside (wrongly IMO) the Livi players all stopped, but the referee disagreed with the linesman and let the game play on. Richie simply strolled towards goal while the Livi players were looking at the linesman!

As previosuly said, I think Aldred (The Tank) was very good. Composed and showing good leadership skills. Nick Ross had an ok game I think, but other than that everything was just drab. If that team was to start an SPL game, we would be in trouble. I hope we get another striker in asap. Oh and I forgot how much of an erse the stadium announcer is!

I saw the pie too :laugh:

At half time I was so hungry I had to go and risk a mince pie. It was passable but cost me ?2.10.

?10 to get in too.

Don't you just love it when these diddy clubs hike the prices up when a big club comes to town :laugh: