FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Richie Foran

Jay_7

Not posted in a long time but feel this is merited.

Really just looking to see what other folks opinions on him are?

As far as I can see it, he must have compromising photo's of Terry or someone higher up. To be able to retain a place in the match day squad, let alone the starting lineup with his performances lately is nothing short of baffling.

I recall last season folk said that he was carrying an injury for the majority of the season... Is this still the case? If so and it's affecting his performance thusly, he should be on the treatment table, not on the field.

I'm undecided on this one Jay.

He did not have the best of days yesterday, but at times I think we overwork him. He defends when required but it takes it's toll on him before the end of the games and he seems to run out of steam. We tend to play every high ball through him and he is normally decent at knock ons and heading the ball back into the box.

He nearly killed two first aid workers yesterday with a thunderous 25 yard drive which went a yard wide and can provide for others, but some of his passes yesterday were telegrammed and he lost the plot a bit.

I do think we need an on form Foran in the side, but yesterdays player was not that man.

If ICT had any other manager, Foran would've been dropped ages ago. He's not even the player he was even last season and his captaincy skills leave a lot to be desired - his pathetic booting of the ball out of the stadium at one point yesterday being a prime example. Sadly though, the fact that he's Butcher's goldenboy means that he'll never be dropped - and if that's not favouritism and poor management, I don't know what is.

• Agree 1

If ICT had any other manager, Foran would've been dropped ages ago. He's not even the player he was even last season and his captaincy skills leave a lot to be desired - his pathetic booting of the ball out of the stadium at one point yesterday being a prime example. Sadly though, the fact that he's Butcher's goldenboy means that he'll never be dropped - and if that's not favouritism and poor management, I don't know what is.

I never thought this would happen :tongueincheek: however I have to agree with Renegade.

His performances have been in general poor and he seems on occasions to want to do everthing himself...............and ends up doing nothing.

Not sure what motivational skills he has off-field, however there is little obvious leadership on it.

This is not a case of trying to slag him off, however he is not justifying being picked at the moment other than the fact that we lack experienced players on the park at the moment.

I like Ritchie Foran and I do think the team needs him but his loss of form puzzles me, perhaps it is being captain.

We needed someone on that pitch yesterday to galvanise the team when went 2 - 0 up.

If I was captain on that pitch yesterday, give our position in the table, etc, I would have said to my team over my dead body will we give up this lead, but that didn't happen.

The team also needs to get this game out of their system quickly, this was a real body blow.

Becos he has been played out of position fro the majority of the season - he has been carrying an injury fer most of the season - he should not have the captaincy - that should be Rosscoe's - he is a moaner and a whinger which is fair enuff when you aint got responsiblity as well.

Dont blame Foran - he aint the one that is picking him.

I heard a guy shout "FFS Butcher, get your boyfriend off!" yesterday reflecting the 'favouritism' tag that others are alluding to. Foran's definatly becoming the most unpopular player for the boo boys, the new Hastings / Barrowman / Djebi Zadi if you will. I think this has alot to do with the fact that he pretty much always plays the full 90 minutes even when he's having a stinker or out of gas and just strolling around. I say rest him, give someone else a chance and make him earn his place back. His attitude would improve if he felt his place was under threat.

I actually thought Foran was ok on Saturday and by no means the worst player for us. He kept on trying and didn't win anything like he normally does in the air as he was continually being fouled. Some of the ref's decisions on that were just so wrong. Incidentally, Mackay was taken out in a very similar situation to what Hogg was sent off for and in my opinion, this was a stronger case for a sending off. One day, a decision will turn for us.

Where we lost the gamne was in midfield, and I have to say the midfield is a culpable as the defence this season for contributing to losing goals. As soon as Davis went to right back, the game changed. I know a lot of people have said that Cox should have been played there, as he can play right back but how many games at right back has he played for us. I can only remember him covering right back in games where we have lost the right back so would he have been any better or worse thatn Davis at right back. Impossible to say but ceratinly not as conclusive as a lot of posters have indicted. Renegad's suggestion of moving Gilet to centre back does make more sense but again, how many of us have seen him play at centre back and could this have changed the game, again impossible to say.

The substitution of Shinne for Ross was where TB lost it for me. Ross is not a matchwinner and far too lightweight for yesterdays game. He contributed nothing, and in fairness to him, Idon't see how he was going to anyway with where he was played. For some reason also, confidence disappeared, although it was never really there to start with yesterday, once Dundee Utd scored. That is a big worry for me.

There was a time where this team wouldnt have survived without Richie Foran but now it appears he is one of the players dragging them down.

When he was struggling at the start of the season i thought it was just his injuries that were hampering his form but it is clear now that there is something more to it. What it is i dont know but it is clear he needs some time away from the starting line up and the captaincy as those are the only things that it could be.

Physically he is not up to scratch to play on the wing anymore, he is 31 and imo has lost a bit off pace over the last year. I thought his displays in center midfield last season were rather good but there is alot of competition for places there.

But we all know Terry will never drop him, he's captain, he's the favourite and in Terry's eyes Richie is the one that galvanizes the team.

In fairness to Foran we should stop hitting the high ball forward hoping he can get his head to it, the ball has to be spot on which is difficult from 50 /60 yards away and the defenders know were the ball is going. If our midfield is as good as we are told it is we should be playing possession football and pass our way through defenses, one touch pass and move like the Spanish they always seem to more players on the park than 11.

Hayes I feel is not fit we still have to wait and see the best from him, he reminds me of Barry Wilson a good 45 minutes then disappears

Everyone has off days and this season Richie Foran seems to have had more than his fair share. However, nobody should knock his commitment. He works hard in defence, midfield and attack to bolster the team. And this is why he is not as effective as he should be in his own position - he is having to cover for others. He might only have scored once this season but how many clean sheets has Ryan Esson had? Richie is an easy target but I would rather have him in our team than not. If he does still have a residual injury from last season perhaps he should be rested for a couple of games. Then all these boo boys might appreciate what he actually does achieve on the pitch.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

He certainly does a job and gets his head to plenty of long balls but I would prefer a prominent character like Tokely as captain.

I would say he has got his part to play in the team but if we had a near full squad available I would pick the same team we have but would sub Foran with Doran,McKay with Tade and Sutherland for Hayes

As far as I can see it, he must have compromising photo's of Terry or someone higher up. To be able to retain a place in the match day squad, let alone the starting lineup with his performances lately is nothing short of baffling.

I recall last season folk said that he was carrying an injury for the majority of the season... Is this still the case? If so and it's affecting his performance thusly, he should be on the treatment table, not on the field.

For me, when United scored their second goal on Saturday, we should have taken Foran off and brought Tade on up front with Mackay - bringing Nick Ross on was a complete waste of time - he hardly touched the ball.

• Agree 3

For me, when United scored their second goal on Saturday, we should have taken Foran off and brought Tade on up front with Mackay - bringing Nick Ross on was a complete waste of time - he hardly touched the ball.

Spot on Donald, that substitution was baffling.

i can see the point in bringing nick ross on when we were 2-0 up to give him some game time to give him some match sharpness and so on

but when the contest was tight taking our joint top scorer off for nick who has 2 goals to his name was baffling

that said would love to see nick getting some more game time soon and maybe bulking up a bit