FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rangers go into administration

KingBeastie

I'm more of a cynic OCG. Wylde may wish to portray himself as a martyr but for me is is clear that he would not leave without having something to go to. In January he was the subject of a £400k bid from Bolton that was rejected (sounds ridiculous know doesn't it!) and would hazard a fair wager that there are still a number of clubs ready to snap him up now he has been released. If he had stayed, he would not be getting his wages and would still require a transfer fee to be released (until the inevitable happens). The Administrator would have no choice but to accept his request as others are refusing to go without a pay off (questionable if they would get one or not?) and may not have the options available to young Wylde.

Suggest this is very good PR by Wylde and his team. And, once clearance is given by FIFA, expect him to sign for an English club on double his wages. He looks like a saint and doubles his money!

Agree with 'sorted' .... to an extent. He likely has something lined up, and being a 'free agent' quite possibly a signing on fee that will lessen the blow of his lack of settlement.

However, the mere fact that him going (quietly) and not demanding a package, which he is entitled to whether he gets it or not, might actually save someone on the non-playing side from redundancy is admirable.

Ally did the same PR move last week when he insisted he would work for free and not take the rest of his £1m salary for the remainder of the season.

Wylde did not offer to stay for the season and play for free though.

Now rumoured that he is on the verge of signing for Southampton. No transfer fee = huge signing on fee, not to mention championship wages. Smart not sacrifice.

Also have little admiration for people earning in excess of £1 million a year offering to work for no pay for 8-10 weeks. Their tax rebate (how appropriate!) will cover much of their loss. And, the reason the game is in such a mess is due to their greed and owners stupidity.

Whilst I'm at it, when will footballers work out that wage deferral is absolutely pointless in this situation? The club has no money now and will have no money in three months time!

Under administration, players and staff are essentially working on the basis that they are not guaranteed their wages, but any unpaid wages would make them a creditor and "settlements" would be via any CVA that is agreed....or claims via the liquidation process should that be the outcome.

The administrators are gambling on getting enough players to voluntarily walk away without a settlement to offset the pay due for the extra days that this is being allowed to drag on.

Those who have agreed to walk away without settlement are really only giving up any claim to unpaid wages from last pay day till today.....others will be buying themselves a bit of time to get deals elsewhere in the knowledge that sitting tight until pushed will at least give them a claim for something, which is better than no claim at all.

Bell/Alexander

Broadfoot - Perry - Reynolds - Dixon

Hayes - Ness - McCulloch - Aluko

Riordan - O'Connor

Just drew up a quick on-the-spot 11 that Rangers could pick up next year. Only Bell and Reynolds would cost (doubt Reynolds would even cost the £100k he was sold for) and I don't think the wage structure would be out of line with what they could afford (I'm sure McCulloch, Broadfoot and Aluko for instance would compromise substantially).

Naturally, there are players you could add or substract, some you will agree or disagree with (maybe Leigh Griffiths,Gavin Gunning etc). But I do think this team would probably be a good challenger for 2nd place, yet be able sell McGregor, Whittaker, Bocanegra, Goijan, Davis, Edu, Wallace and Lafferty, whilst getting rid of Healy.

Just a bit of fun to see if I could come up with a reasonable team yet save millions. No need to froth at the mouth over it - you know who you are!

Edited by starchief

Why is it taking so bloody long to sack them all?

Because the adminstrators get £585 an hour and are in no rush at all :lol:

Rangers next 3 games are against Dundee Utd, Celtic and Motherwell. What is happening behind the scenes to ensure they still have the best players available for those games. The Utd and Motherwell games are effectively 6 pointers now in terms of the race for 2nd place. I would like to think there is no way that Rangers can play in Europe next year but the administrators and HMRC may feel that the best way to ensure as much tax owed is paid to the taxpayer is to engineer a solution which maximises the chance of playing in the champions' league next year.

Wylde did not offer to stay for the season and play for free though.

Now rumoured that he is on the verge of signing for Southampton. No transfer fee = huge signing on fee, not to mention championship wages. Smart not sacrifice.

Also have little admiration for people earning in excess of £1 million a year offering to work for no pay for 8-10 weeks. Their tax rebate (how appropriate!) will cover much of their loss. And, the reason the game is in such a mess is due to their greed and owners stupidity.

Whilst I'm at it, when will footballers work out that wage deferral is absolutely pointless in this situation? The club has no money now and will have no money in three months time!

You can only get a tax rebate if your employer has actually paid the taxes to HMRC.

• Agree 2

No decision now until Friday. WTF?!

Why not just let them off with it eh? After all it wisnae really the gers fault now was it? I mean celic won 9 in a row once so it's only fair they they do too. After all we all know Scottish Football cannot survive without rangers eh.

F**KING JOKE - Just liquidate the b@5t@rds and have done with it. Really beginning to wonder if there was a particular reason Whyte wanted these administrators appointed.

If Rangers were to beat the deadline ( which the administrators now say is almost impossible, and they will be banned from Europe as a result by UEFA ) if they actually get new owners before the end of the season, what will happen with the BIG tax case, as its not been included in this current plight.

Anyone understand what may happen?

This is perhaps an unlikely scenario, but if Rangers are unable to complete the season I think all their league results would get erased. This would benefit us slightly as we have taken nothing off them this season. Killie on the other hand have taken 6 points off them and St Mirren 4, so both those teams would drop back to 27 points, same as us.

The radio today claimed that HMRC are willing to settle if Craig Whyte is no longer part of it. I know this will enrage some but HMRC won't get any money if they go into liquidation. As dispassionate neutrals, it has to be the line they follow.

I found it very difficult to believe that Whyte didn't have some gameplan for resurrecting a phoenix Rangers debt-free and with millions in the bank, plus a healthy sell-on profit for Whyte. It just seemed incredulous, after so many months of due dilligence, that this would happen. But, amazingly, Whyte does seem to be a complete Walter Mitty figure (perhaps even a thief). Surely, this will have a major effect on both his business standing and ability to enjoy a private threat-free life? Did he really not understand the big impact this could have?