FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Results tonight

caley100

Good results for us tonight at Parkheid and Movversmell, bottom teams getting beat, Pars 2-0 defeat and hibbees went down 4-3 keeps the pair of them well down on their own.

Be very nice to get a wee result on sunday especially if pars lose at Perth, not so worried about hibs as a win for them at Killie would keep us still in touching distance for top 6.

Edited by tm4tj
did you go home early, 4-3 Jock
  • Agree 1

I've no doubt we'll be safe this season but top six is looking more and more of a pipe dream considering how we've been playing and the games left. Draws are not going to get us there.

To the split

Home v Rangers

Away v Dundee United

Home v Kilmarnock

Away v Aberdeen

Home v St Johnstone

Home v Hibs

Away v St Johnstone

To cross the line we need seven more points than the current sixth place (DU) and hope that St Mirren, Kilmarnock and Aberdeen pick up fewer points than us.

Dundee United have

Away v Hearts

Home v Us

Home v Rangers

Away v Hibs

Home v Dunfermline

Away v Aberdeen

The realist in me thinks its going to be a very hard line to cross. Guessing the results of those fixtures I can see DU take at least seven points which would mean we need fifteen from our remaining games.

Edited by Alex MacLeod
  • Agree 2

The results certainly went in our favour but it means nothing unless we can take advantage of it. Rangers are weakened by off-field problems and numerous injury problems, perfect time to take points off them.

We need to do well against teams around us so the last 4 games before the split are crucial IMO. We can take points from Aberdeen and St Johstone when we play to our potential, we just have to make sure we do this. Too often we follow up a good performance with a mediocre one

If we win our game in hand against St Johnstone away we will be effectively 4 points behind top 6 Dundee Utd. That means theres 6 extra games for us to gain an extra 4 points on them and that is possible. I know the fixtures don't work in that way but it shows the run in a little better. Both teams have to play 3 of the same teams although we have the extra home match on them, If we managed to get a result at Tannadice that could be the difference.

We have Rangers at home and so do they

We've got Aberdeen away and so do they

We have Hibs at home they have hibs away

We have killie at home they have dunfermline at home

We have St Johnstone at home they have Hearts away

The last game to discuss is the game against each other in Dundee.

United isnt the only club we can grab hold of and push out of the top six. St Johnstone may be the weaker target to pick on.

St Johnstone

Home v Dunfermline

Away v Kilmarnock

Away v St Mirren

Home v Hearts

Away v Us

Away v Celtic

Home v Us

Personally I think they can take at least seven from that list which means we need seventeen from all our fixtures. Even by beating St J twice as well as beating Hibs and Killie I think we'd struggle to get five points from Rangers Aberdeen and DU. I remain to be humbled and proved wrong. I am very much an optimist but also a realist.

Lets just give thanks that it looks likely that we will still be a SPL outfit again next season. Lets concentrate simply of ensuring mathematical safety first and then looking up - if we concentrate on performances to survive and adopt that psyche it should produce better performances and results than if we started thinking above our present situation. I would hope and I am shure that Terry and Mo will be simply taking a game at a time at the moment.

• Agree 1

Lets just give thanks that it looks likely that we will still be a SPL outfit again next season. Lets concentrate simply of ensuring mathematical safety first and then looking up - if we concentrate on performances to survive and adopt that psyche it should produce better performances and results than if we started thinking above our present situation. I would hope and I am shure that Terry and Mo will be simply taking a game at a time at the moment.

AMEN

are you feeling alright...i think that is the most straight forward and to the point answer i have ever seen you give lol