FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Anti County Feeling on CTO

dougal

One day, and the Seer can see it coming , ICT and County will merge.....something like inverness County Thistle. :canada:

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-4927-0-80732500-1336548290.jpg

Edited by FoolPhysio

My main emotion is one of pity for the inbreds. Derision is also a more apt word than hate although I suppose that "hate" is the word used by the mainly illiterate caravan dwellers as their meagre intellects and damaged thought processing abilities do not allow the usage of any big words.

Just goes to prove my theory that Dougal is transfroming into a gypo.

And how can you merge something wondrous, untainted and pure with an infested organism - if we ever di it would have to be sponsored by summat 100% stronger than penicillin.

Mr Dougal!!

I wished county all the best when they were in the cup final last year!

I was glad that they won the 1st Division with ease this year

But now we are in the same league again they are our nearest rivals and yes i want them to lose games and get relegated back to the 1st division. Thats what a football rivalry is all about. I dont hate them or wish their fans ill; Lets leave that to the Ugly sisters, but i want the other 11 SPL teams to crush them every weekend!!!!

Ok County are our local rivals and we obviously want to be the more successful team but I just don't understand the constant anti county jibes by the majority of members on CTO

It's got to a level now that I'm convinced there are a lot of posters on here that would rather see County get beat than see ICT win. To me that's a crazy scenario and a very small minded yokel type of attitude if I'm being honest

Whether we like it or not ICT and County need each other in the same league regardless if it's in the SPL or SFL

Wishing relegation or downfall on them is a sad reflection on ourselves and CTO,let's get behind OUR team next season not turn it into a Ross County hatefest

Dougal

When you say get behind OUR team. Who do you mean in your case?

Ok County are our local rivals and we obviously want to be the more successful team but I just don't understand the constant anti county jibes by the majority of members on CTO

It's got to a level now that I'm convinced there are a lot of posters on here that would rather see County get beat than see ICT win. To me that's a crazy scenario and a very small minded yokel type of attitude if I'm being honest

Whether we like it or not ICT and County need each other in the same league regardless if it's in the SPL or SFL

Wishing relegation or downfall on them is a sad reflection on ourselves and CTO,let's get behind OUR team next season not turn it into a Ross County hatefest

Dougal

Yawwwn funny I keep getting asked this despite attending more home games than most on here including a number of mods

It never fails to amaze me how many cyber fans this club has that rarely show up yet spout their nonsense and undying love of the club on here

Like it or not I'm Nottingham Forest and ICT although I seriously am questioning the latter with some of the roasters on here

Dougal

Dougal

Yawwwn funny I keep getting asked this despite attending more home games than most on here including a number of mods

It never fails to amaze me how many cyber fans this club has that rarely show up yet spout their nonsense and undying love of the club on here

Like it or not I'm Nottingham Forest and ICT although I seriously am questioning the latter with some of the roasters on here

Dougal

I only missed 1 home game this season, do I pass the Dougal barometer of supporterdom? I wanted RC to be promoted and I hope they stay up along with us for seasons to come. Benefits us both financially and interms of support. People can dislike County if they want as much as they want, helps fuel the fire and makes things more interesting, I've lost could of the folk who've said that they can't wait for the ICT v RC games next season (from both sides of the bridge).

You might be happy to go and watch RC play but I certainly would not and I would imagine 99.9% of ICT would feel the same. If I felt the need to take in some different footie I'd go to watch Inverness City or perhaps even a Clach game but I don't get thinking behind going to watch RC as an ICT supporter. :blink:

The only time I will be going to Dingwall for a game will be to support ICT in a thorough thrashing of travelling people. :whip:

• Agree 4

Dougal

Dougal

I only missed 1 home game this season, do I pass the Dougal barometer of supporterdom? I wanted RC to be promoted and I hope they stay up along with us for seasons to come. Benefits us both financially and interms of support. People can dislike County if they want as much as they want, helps fuel the fire and makes things more interesting, I've lost could of the folk who've said that they can't wait for the ICT v RC games next season (from both sides of the bridge).

You might be happy to go and watch RC play but I certainly would not and I would imagine 99.9% of ICT would feel the same. If I felt the need to take in some different footie I'd go to watch Inverness City or perhaps even a Clach game but I don't get thinking behind going to watch RC as an ICT supporter. :blink:

The only time I will be going to Dingwall for a game will be to support ICT in a thorough thrashing of travelling people. :whip:

Think you are way out on your percentage analysis Fraz.

Perhaps it might reflect the CTO membership (probably not in my opinion) but in no way does in provide a balance of our support or County's. I am well aware of many people who regularly visit both grounds although have a preference for one or the other. Reckon there will be plenty, especially older fans, who buy season tickets for both grounds in the hope of having an SPL match at home every Saturday.

I'm not one of the County haters either. Hope they do well against all but ICT. Want to see Highland football really cemented into theScotiish game and make treks up and down the A9 even more painful for our friends. I will also take in games at Dingwall no doubt.

Love my football, especially when it's played properly. The game will always come first for me. If it's played best by my team, that's a bonus!

• Agree 1

If every comment about ICT wasn't negative then perhaps there would be less reason to doubt your allegiances Dougal.

Seems you found it easy enough to omit the swathes of ICT fans who went down to Hampden to cheer on their rivals and the good luck message from the club itself.

Yes we do give them stick. This is the nature of a rivalry. However it has to be one of the most good natured derbies in the country if not the world.

• Agree 2

Camaraderie - buying seperate season tickets - going away to support each other :

I see a clinic full of cynics

Who want to twist the peoples' wrist

They're watching every move we make

We're all included on the list

The lunatics have taken over the asylum

The lunatics have taken over the asylum

Dougal

Dougal

Think you are way out on your percentage analysis Fraz.

Perhaps it might reflect the CTO membership (probably not in my opinion) but in no way does in provide a balance of our support or County's. I am well aware of many people who regularly visit both grounds although have a preference for one or the other. Reckon there will be plenty, especially older fans, who buy season tickets for both grounds in the hope of having an SPL match at home every Saturday.

I'm not one of the County haters either. Hope they do well against all but ICT. Want to see Highland football really cemented into theScotiish game and make treks up and down the A9 even more painful for our friends. I will also take in games at Dingwall no doubt.

Love my football, especially when it's played properly. The game will always come first for me. If it's played best by my team, that's a bonus!

I'm basing my percentage on the fact that I've never spoken to anyone in real life that actively attend both grounds (and thus suppport them both). IMO if you attend a ground with any kind of regularity and put money in their coffers then you are a de facto supporter of that team like it or not.

I could sort of see why people might go and watch RC when they were in a different division to us and therefore not in direct competition to us but now that they are as an ICT supporter I can't understand it. I appreciate that there are people who just want to 'take in a game' who may not have a close affiliation to ICT but that's different.

As for being a fan of football first I, even if RC were playing silky samba style football and ICT were hoofing it all over the place *cough cough* I would still not go and watch them, I am an ICT supporter first and as I mentioned in my previous post there are other football alternatives (not to mention ICT away).

I would find it strange if a Dundee Utd fan regularly attended Dundee game or a Rangers fan attended Celtic games. Clearly you, others you mention (not to mention Dougal) see it differently from me and I'm not trying to say that you are any less of a supporter or anything like that because everyone supports the team in different ways. To me though it's just strange and I canne fathom it. :ponder:

• Agree 2

It's an age thing! I never had any rivalry with County. HL football was what we watched all over the place and we had a big team who we travelled to occasionally. Can't really create a rivalry that was not there for me.

If me paying money to a club to watch a game involving teams I don't support makes me a supporter..........(bizarre argument to be honest) then, this season alone, I am a supporter of about 18 different teams!

Why do so many find it hard to understand that it's football that some enjoy first and foremost? Banter next. I'll the rival hatred stuff to others.

Edited by Sorted

I dont like county. Its a good old fashioned, healthy dislike for a local rival. It begins and ends with football....outwith that, i have nothing against Dungwall. I hope next season that Ross County lose every game and get relegated.

I too cannot get my head around the fact that ICT "fans" will regularly turn up and contribute to the coffers of County. Maybe this mentality is strictly a highland thing?

I already belive ICT has the least "fanatical" support in Scotland. By that, i mean, i feel that a lot of people who attend ICT games are fans of football more than they are dedicated fans of of ICT. hence why this sort of behaviour dont suprise me. Maybe im too old school?

I myself, while i used to be a regular attendee at ICT games, till a few years ago, and whilst i love to see them doing well, my passion for them is nowhere near what i had for Caley in the Highland league.

Edited by SMEE
  • Agree 1

It's an age thing! I never had any rivalry with County. HL football was what we watched all over the place and we had a big team who we travelled to occasionally. Can't really create a rivalry that was not there for me.

If me paying money to a club to watch a game involving teams I don't support makes me a supporter..........(bizarre argument to be honest) then, this season alone, I am a supporter of about 18 different teams!

Why do so many find it hard to understand that it's football that some enjoy first and foremost? Banter next. I'll the rival hatred stuff to others.

It's not a bizarre argument at all - you give money to that team you sit in the stand at their end, I don't know if you cheer them on or whatever, but barely anyone at TCS really cheer the team on and I would assume they would consider themselves supporters. As I said you become a de facto supporter of that team whatever way you look at it (or 18 teams in your case).

It's nothing to do with RC as such. Put it this way if Inverness was magically transported next to Govan I wouldn't understand it if ICT supporters started going to Ibrox for a game, like I said IMO it is supporting a team that is in direct opposition to my own and I don't understand that. :shrug02:

It's not a bizarre argument at all - you give money to that team you sit in the stand at their end, I don't know if you cheer them on or whatever, but barely anyone at TCS really cheer the team on and I would assume they would consider themselves supporters. As I said you become a de facto supporter of that team whatever way you look at it (or 18 teams in your case).

It's nothing to do with RC as such. Put it this way if Inverness was magically transported next to Govan I wouldn't understand it if ICT supporters started going to Ibrox for a game, like I said IMO it is supporting a team that is in direct opposition to my own and I don't understand that. :shrug02:

I travel a lot and, wherever I go, I try to take in games if there are any. I sit wherever I can get a ticket for and generally, I applaud if I see good football irrespective of who it has come from. That's why I go, I love football.

The above doesn't, for me, make me a supporter of any of the 40 odd teams I've seen this year. I know who I support and would prefer to see win. Would I rather watch ICT win one nil at home to Kilmarnock in a dire match or watch Wigan draw three each with Swanse in a feast of flowing football? No contest. football wins every time.

For some this makes me a lesser supporter. For me it gives me a greater knowledge of the game and the ability to see it for what it is, particularly when it's played the way it should be. Football nowadays is, in my opinion, full or punters who have no objectivity and little subjectivity. Blindly following irrespectively, unable to see merit in anything other than what they support. Not for me and never has been.

Football is what I really support I suppose and I keep my dislike for rugby and cricket, my hate for Nick Griffin, David Cameron and Danny Alexander!

I travel a lot and, wherever I go, I try to take in games if there are any. I sit wherever I can get a ticket for and generally, I applaud if I see good football irrespective of who it has come from. That's why I go, I love football.

The above doesn't, for me, make me a supporter of any of the 40 odd teams I've seen this year. I know who I support and would prefer to see win. Would I rather watch ICT win one nil at home to Kilmarnock in a dire match or watch Wigan draw three each with Swanse in a feast of flowing football? No contest. football wins every time.

For some this makes me a lesser supporter. For me it gives me a greater knowledge of the game and the ability to see it for what it is, particularly when it's played the way it should be. Football nowadays is, in my opinion, full or punters who have no objectivity and little subjectivity. Blindly following irrespectively, unable to see merit in anything other than what they support. Not for me and never has been.

Football is what I really support I suppose and I keep my dislike for rugby and cricket, my hate for Nick Griffin, David Cameron and Danny Alexander!

As I said if you go and pay to watch a team with some kind of regularity (which makes you a suppporter IMO) that are in direct opposition to us I don't understand that. If you go to a different random game based purely on where you are working then IMO that doesn't necessarily make you a supporter. For example if I was woking in Glasgow for a week and was very bored and wanted to watch some live football I'd maybe go and watch a Queens Park or Partick Thistle game, but I would never go to a Rangers/Celtic game they are our direct opposition and I wouldn't want to support them financially (or otherwise). This is why I cannot understand why ICT supporters would go to Victoria Park next season.

Nothing to do with you being percieved as a 'lesser supporter' just a different kind I suppose. Perhaps a kind that I just can't fully comprehend. I would rather watch ICT win in a crappy game than a fantasic Man Utd v Man City 2-2 game. For you the game is more important than the team, for me the team comes first. Though obviously I'd love to watch ICT win through playing exciting and entertaining football.

As for hating those 3 guys, you'll get no argument from me!

• Agree 2

As I said if you go and pay to watch a team with some kind of regularity (which makes you a suppporter IMO) that are in direct opposition to us I don't understand that. If you go to a different random game based purely on where you are working then IMO that doesn't necessarily make you a supporter. For example if I was woking in Glasgow for a week and was very bored and wanted to watch some live football I'd maybe go and watch a Queens Park or Partick Thistle game, but I would never go to a Rangers/Celtic game they are our direct opposition and I wouldn't want to support them financially (or otherwise). This is why I cannot understand why ICT supporters would go to Victoria Park next season.

Nothing to do with you being percieved as a 'lesser supporter' just a different kind I suppose. Perhaps a kind that I just can't fully comprehend. I would rather watch ICT win in a crappy game than a fantasic Man Utd v Man City 2-2 game. For you the game is more important than the team, for me the team comes first. Though obviously I'd love to watch ICT win through playing exciting and entertaining football.

As for hating those 3 guys, you'll get no argument from me!

Fraz

This afternoon reminded me why I am a football fan first and foremost. How can anyone not like football?

Pissing rain all day and sat glued to the telly watching. Some great stuff played by Celtic (Hearts were awful and I think Hibs could beat them next week) but the rest of the day was ridiculous. The end of the EPL, winning, losing, goals, red cards, up, down and all the rest was ridiculous. And I can safely say, I support nobody involved!

Great day of football which reminds me just how important the Euros are going to be in filling a huge void over the summer. Reminder to self: Remember to look out my France, Sweden and Ukraine tops.

• Agree 1