FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Callum Morris

Yngwie

I see Dunfermline have just signed this defender. I have a recollection that he was on trial with us when Newcastle released him, perhaps 2 years ago. Was that him or am I thinking of someone else?

Dunfermline have bolstered their pool by signing 22-year-old defender Callum Morris who started his career at Newcastle United and has played for the Republic of Ireland at under-19 and under-21 level.

Morris featured in the first team pool with the Magpies, however he eventually dropped out of the picture and joined Blyth Spartans before being picked up by the Glenn Hoddle Academy.

That led to Morris gaining experience with Jerez in the Fourth Division of Spanish football with the Pars signing him after an impressive display as a trialist in a closed doors game against Livingston.

Manager Jim Jefferies said, “Callum is six foot three inches tall and a real competitor. He will be involved as soon as we can get clearance for him.”

Source:

http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/news/article/pars-sign-morris/